Vita guys. Need your opinions!

krashhole

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Since so many people are raving about the Vita, I started reading up on them and I think I like what I am seeing. Long story short, I have been thinking about getting rid of my PS3 because we rarely use it unless it's to watch a bluray. I got on Craigslist and found a guy that posted this:

This is a wonderful game bundle together with an almost new PlayStation Vita. Unit was bought at BestBuy and mildly played for about 1 month now... Never left my living room, no scratches or any kind of signs of wear and tear. Mint condition. I am including Uncharted Golden Abyss Game with the system. Comes the 16 GB Sony memory card that I bought at the same time (a $40 value) and a PS stand. WILL CONSIDER TRADES FOR A SLIM PS3

So I called him at the number he had listed and he is literally about 15 mins down the road from me. I told him that I had a PS3 with 3 games, sent him pictures and he said he would do the trade. We are supposed to meet up about 7 tonight.

I just want to know if this is a good deal for my PS3?

Thanks!

it seems like a decent deal, especially if you don't use your ps3 that much.

my kids use the ps3 all the time to watch blu-rays, and i like using my ps3 to download vita stuff, as the wifi is kind of slow when downloading games, especially if the game is 1gig or bigger, i have no patiences.

The vita is just plain AWESOME, you will love it. :D

Our oldest son has a PS3 in his room still. Can I put my profile on his console also so that I can access my stuff from the PS3?

[quote name='krashhole']Our oldest son has a PS3 in his room still. Can I put my profile on his console also so that I can access my stuff from the PS3?[/QUOTE]
perfect then, since you still have a ps3 in the your house. I say go ahead and do the trade then. :D

Another question I have is in the picture, it shows the AT&T bar. I assume it's for his 3G service? If its under a contract would it affect the system? I dont need nor want 3G.

5N35F75Jc3G83Jf3H8c4g9b18ded126cb11b9.jpg

[quote name='krashhole'] Can I put my profile on his console also so that I can access my stuff from the PS3?[/QUOTE]

yes you can you would just have to deactivate the PS3 you are trading and make sure to erase your PSN Id and all info off of it first

and no it shouldn't affect it vitas are prepaid but you can set it up to take out the payment for it each month

[quote name='krashhole']Another question I have is in the picture, it shows the AT&T bar. I assume it's for his 3G service? If its under a contract would it affect the system? I dont need nor want 3G.

5N35F75Jc3G83Jf3H8c4g9b18ded126cb11b9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The 3g service on the Vita is on a no-contract month to month basis. The you do not have to worry about using the 3g if you don't want it.

You guys are awesome! Thanks! I guess I will have this in my hands within the hour so be prepared for some more questions LOL.

OK. I deactivated my PS3. Far as the content, do I just format the system? I'm hoping I wont have to do that because it will take a good hour or longer. I don't have a credit card or anything on file.

I'd format it... it'll be way quicker than manually cleaning it. Then make sure your account rodent show up as the standard login account.

OK. I got the vita and have been messing with it for a bit. I tried signing in with my ID but it said I had to sign in with the ID that set up the vita. So, I went to format and restore vita system. It then says it is activated with a Sony network account. If you restore the system, you will not be able to deactivate this ps vita later. Then it says, Do you want to deactivate the vita before restoring? I choose yes, and then it takes me to the sign in screen which is blank and has to be his information. I did not choose NO, because I'm concerned about the "not being able to deactivate" it later. Has anyone had to do this?

[quote name='krashhole']OK. I got the vita and have been messing with it for a bit. I tried signing in with my ID but it said I had to sign in with the ID that set up the vita. So, I went to format and restore vita system. It then says it is activated with a Sony network account. If you restore the system, you will not be able to deactivate this ps vita later. Then it says, Do you want to deactivate the vita before restoring? I choose yes, and then it takes me to the sign in screen which is blank and has to be his information. I did not choose NO, because I'm concerned about the "not being able to deactivate" it later. Has anyone had to do this?[/QUOTE]

i got a blank white screen when i tried to go online

im shocked the dude did the trade.. i mean system that is no more then 2 months old compair to a system that could of had 100s if not 1000s of hours of playtime on it...

you got a hell of a deal (Unless it was ripped off)

awesome.. I am still dragging my feet about calling Sony (actually I keep forgetting...) to get my old system that I sold last year deactivated so I can activate my new system.

Hope you like the Vita. I've played mine for about an hour or so and now I'm just letting it download a ton of demos. :)

I'm enjoying it so far. I am also downloading several demos because I want to buy a second game. I just have to decide, and thats the hard part lol

I wouldn't trade my ps3 system for a vita, i have both and if i had traded my ps3 i would have regretted it completely. That being said though, i love my vita to death, its as good as the PS3 id say, once more games come out for it, it will be a force. Give it 2-3 years id say, just like the early adopters for the PS3 are greatly rewarded.

As for a second game i highly recommend, Wipeout, Hot shots golf, or Marvel vs Capcom if your a fighting fan. I tend to get games that are very different from one another, so i have a decent selection to choose from when I play.

Lumines is a fantastic puzzler but not worth the 30 or so bucks that youd be able to find it at.

[quote name='krashhole']I'm enjoying it so far. I am also downloading several demos because I want to buy a second game. I just have to decide, and thats the hard part lol[/QUOTE]
I was the same, i downloaded every vita demo, which took a while, but luckily i have FIOS, and i downloaded them using my PS3 hard wired directly to my router instead of wireless to get around 25mbit download speed, if not it would have taken forever.

Enjoy your new ps vita. :D

I never played the PS3. I had it 14 months and did good if I had 20 hours of gaming on it. We mainly used it for Netflix and Blurays. Plus I'm more partial to my 360.

[quote name='TheNeck']so what do you think of your vita so far? ;)[/QUOTE]I'm really enjoying it. It's almost 3am and I am still up :drool: lol

[quote name='krashhole']I'm really enjoying it. It's almost 3am and I am still up :drool: lol[/QUOTE]
The 1st night i had my vita i stayed up till 1am, i would have stayed up later, but i had to wait up at 5:30 to go to work. :whistle2:(

I picked up MLB '12 The Show for my Vita and downloaded the Motorstorm RC game for free. MLB '12 is pretty legit, and considering I'll be getting it for PS3 soon as well, will make it even more enjoyable for me. Also tinkered around with Motorstorm RC a bit and it was surprisingly pretty fun.

I don't know if it's just me, but my Vita seems to download way faster than my PS3.

bread's done
Back