BB-Rayman origins (360, ps3, wii) $19.99

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 DMPugh

DMPugh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Same here. I definitely wouldn't mind having it on the go. But alas, $20 for the PS3 version is just too good to pass up.

#32 Naylord

Naylord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Same here. I definitely wouldn't mind having it on the go. But alas, $20 for the PS3 version is just too good to pass up.

Local coop is way better than on the go factor if you ask me; plus you get to play it on a TV instead of a handheld. I say its win win.

#33 Wikkidkarma

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I feel like we all need to pool our funds and get you a new tv.

I was thinking the same thing.

#34 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hmm...yet the same game is $40 on PS vita...

Which is the version I would like to buy but there is no way for that price

This may be very un-cagish of me, but it's worth every cent.

#35 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Couch co-op, big screen, $19.99. PS3 version acquired. Vita version can wait until it's $19.99 as well. Don't let them take all your money just because they have a small software library. :)

#36 Wikkidkarma

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

This may be very un-cagish of me, but it's worth every cent.

If I didn't already have it on 360, I would definitely pay $40 for the Vita version. From what I've seen, this is among the best of the Vita library.

#37 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

If I didn't already have it on 360, I would definitely pay $40 for the Vita version. From what I've seen, this is among the best of the Vita library.

I've got the PS3 and Vita versions and I've actually played the Vita version more. There aren't many games I'd buy two of, but this one is a gem and I'd love to see more like it so I don't mind supporting it at all.

#38 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Ive been scouting BestBuy/Futureshop/Walmart for the new TVs but just can't prioritize it right now, but one day.

I did bite on Rayman... I just couldn't let it pass at $20 twice. I guess I still have 30 days to double price match if necessary. I won't be playing it anytime soon.

Couch co-op, big screen, $19.99. PS3 version acquired. Vita version can wait until it's $19.99 as well. Don't let them take all your money just because they have a small software library. :)

this.

I'll never understand the mentality: I just bought this system so I HAVE to buy at least one of the 7 games that are available on Day 1, even though the best of them is flaws because of (port/overuse of features/simplistic gameplay/immature development/etc). It's one thing if you've waited say a month or two but I've seen gamers buy terrible games for new systems just because that's literally all there is to buy. I had no idea money burned so much when you keep it in your wallet.

Edited by Wolfkin, 23 April 2012 - 02:38 AM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#39 1_blue_pixel

1_blue_pixel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

How is it hard to understand wanting to play games on a new system you just bought?

It's easy to look back and say, "that launch lineup for [whatever console] sucked!" but at the time it's different. And "waiting a month or 2" hasn't proven that the hits come out that quickly after launch. Try waiting over the course of 12 months or so to have any REAL WORLD timeline of "good" games come out for a system.

And how many launch titles get really good reviews (8 or better) which we look back and think, "Gee, that really isn't such a good game now that I think about it".

When someone gets a new system, they want to play games on it right away, simple as that. Not difficult to understand.

#40 Wikkidkarma

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

How is it hard to understand wanting to play games on a new system you just bought?

When someone gets a new system, they want to play games on it right away, simple as that. Not difficult to understand.

Agreed. I immediately bought Mutant Blob attack and Escape Plan when I got my Vita last month. Loved Mutant Blob, and was lukewarm on Escape Plan. Finally bit the bullet last week and bought Unit 13, despite it not being the best game. I just wanted something meaty on the Vita which was also an exclusive.

#41 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Just a re-iteration: Co-op is GREAT in this game, if you have someone to play it with, get it for 20$, even if you get the portable version later.

#42 CrushEm

CrushEm

Stay Classy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Shows sold out online :( Was just looking for this today at EBGames & FS. Still $30 there and unfortunately my city doesn't have a BB to pick this up in person.

#43 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Rayman Origins will be $15 for PS+ members in May.

#44 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Shows sold out online :( Was just looking for this today at EBGames & FS. Still $30 there and unfortunately my city doesn't have a BB to pick this up in person.

I'm so glad I bought this when I had the chance. I bought Disgaea 3 this month and got a $10 game cert, but it's only valid for May. I was thinking of waiting, but I figured I might as well buy it from BB in case it got sold out. Now it's up to $30 at FS. *shrug*

#45 Psamtik

Psamtik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thank you OP for posting this. I picked up a PS3 copy today from my local BB.

#46 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Now is as good of a time as any to pick this up. The trailer for the sequel, Rayman Legends got leaked.

http://kotaku.com/59...ins-creed-cameo

#47 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Rayman Legends could end up being an exclusive for WiiU

#48 Heartless18

Heartless18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I highly doubt it. Ubisoft usually ports their games to every console under the sun. Considering how poorly Rayman Origins sold, I'd imagine they want to release the sequel to as many people as possible.

#49 wing00

wing00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

The trailer said "exclusive content for wii u", which points towards ports towards other consoles as well.

Trailer looked amazing. Ezio in Rayman, that would awesome.

#50 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I wish Vita version was this price. At $40 it is pretty damn steep.
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#51 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

The trailer said "exclusive content for wii u", which points towards ports towards other consoles as well.

agreed. the features will be exclusive but everything before that trailer will be multiplat

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#52 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

I have that awesome Ezio from the AC2 CE. I suspect there will be disappointment when I put my figure on a Wii U tablet.