Photo
- - - - -

Witcher 2 Dark Edition Available On Gamestop (Dead)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

I probably made a mistake ordering this though...out of all the collector editions i've seen and passed up, the CONTENTS of this one would not usually get me to make the exception and buy it. This is pure impulse due to it selling out so quickly at Amazon. A box...a cheap medallion, art book, cd.....for an extra $40?

#32 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Anyone pick theirs up yet? Whats the serial number go to?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#33 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Anyone pick theirs up yet? Whats the serial number go to?

I picked mine up, haven't opened it but if the serial number is supposed to be where it was on that German or whatever unboxing video, it isn't there. Could be inside but I'm not opening it until I get home from work later today.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#34 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

I ordered one for the hell of it lol.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#35 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

would be hilarious if there was no serial number and they produced 100000 copies.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#36 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Counting on ZxT Vendetta to bring us the info and decide if I am going to return or not.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#37 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'm so sick of these fucking link synergy links never working.

but Thanks OP

#38 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I picked mine up, haven't opened it but if the serial number is supposed to be where it was on that German or whatever unboxing video, it isn't there. Could be inside but I'm not opening it until I get home from work later today.

Thanks for the info. I'm glad I held out on this then. The fact that CEs aren't as limited anymore and that this is exclusive to one system.. I'm predicting/hoping this will end up dropping in price so I can pick it up later.

#39 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

too bad theres $5 shipping.

#40 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Dark Edition

Posted ImageMore details

• GAME DVDs The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game on 2 DVDs
  • MAKING-OF DVD All the cinematic materials related to game - trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of exclusive video.
  • OST CD Audio-CD with in-game music.
  • WORLD MAP A map of the game's world.
  • THE WITCHER MEDALLION A wolf head metal medallion on a chain.
  • QUEST HANDBOOK The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.
  • GAME MANUAL A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.
  • ARTBOOK Extensive, 232 pages documentary of game's graphical assets with descriptions. Including concept arts, cover renders and stories behind Art of The Witcher 2.
  • STICKERS Three stickers with Witcher 2 graphics.
  • DARK EDITION BOX An elegant thick cardboard box to hold all your valuable Dark Edition contents.

Bolded items are what's extra in the Dark Edition. Everything else is in the standard edition. The artbook is similar in size to the Skyrim one, and hardbound.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#41 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

too bad theres $5 shipping.

but you get 10 off via the coupon

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#42 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Placed a second order using the coupon code. Now trying to cancel the first one. GameStop's site is frustrating. The self-service cancellation is down, so you have to email them.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#43 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Is customer rep of GameStop usually nice. I'm hoping they might credit $10 back instead of cancelling my order.

#44 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Is customer rep of GameStop usually nice. I'm hoping they might credit $10 back instead of cancelling my order.

It's worth a try. I remember when I had pre-ordered Aion, I did it way in advance with free standard shipping. Later I saw a promo for free 1-day shipping with preorder and contacted them about it. They upgraded my order without a problem. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it doesn't hurt to try.

#45 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

It's worth a try. I remember when I had pre-ordered Aion, I did it way in advance with free standard shipping. Later I saw a promo for free 1-day shipping with preorder and contacted them about it. They upgraded my order without a problem. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Alright thanks I'll try.

#46 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Out of stock now won't let me order says cant be added to cart

#47 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Confirmed Dead now, OP can change the title:
Posted Image Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Dark Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#48 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Dark Edition

Posted ImageMore details

• GAME DVDs The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game on 2 DVDs
  • MAKING-OF DVD All the cinematic materials related to game - trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of exclusive video.
  • OST CD Audio-CD with in-game music.
  • WORLD MAP A map of the game's world.
  • THE WITCHER MEDALLION A wolf head metal medallion on a chain.
  • QUEST HANDBOOK The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.
  • GAME MANUAL A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.
  • ARTBOOK Extensive, 232 pages documentary of game's graphical assets with descriptions. Including concept arts, cover renders and stories behind Art of The Witcher 2.
  • STICKERS Three stickers with Witcher 2 graphics.
  • DARK EDITION BOX An elegant thick cardboard box to hold all your valuable Dark Edition contents.

Bolded items are what's extra in the Dark Edition. Everything else is in the standard edition. The artbook is similar in size to the Skyrim one, and hardbound.

This....I would have been in for 79.99 but $40 for basically a DVD, a Medallion, and and artbook. (be it one really big and nice looking one but still)

I think some of us are just plain old crazy for these things. I bet if they started selling every game in a "steelbook edition" companies could charge 69.99 for all those games and people would be like yep I gotta have it.

I like CEs that come with additional game content like free DLC or (and I hate to admit it) statues. I have a soft spot for displaying things on a shelf.

#49 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

This....I would have been in for 79.99 but $40 for basically a DVD, a Medallion, and and artbook. (be it one really big and nice looking one but still)

I think some of us are just plain old crazy for these things. I bet if they started selling every game in a "steelbook edition" companies could charge 69.99 for all those games and people would be like yep I gotta have it.

I like CEs that come with additional game content like free DLC or (and I hate to admit it) statues. I have a soft spot for displaying things on a shelf.

You can display nice artbooks and guides, but not for $40 more, especially when I wasn't planning to pay more than $25 or $30 for the game itself anyway. This is one I'm fine with skipping if it does turn out to be rare.

#50 BlurredReality

BlurredReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Edited thread title to reflect the website being OOS. Debated on getting a 2nd one for myself to keep sealed... but burned to many times recently (Gears of War Epic Edition, UC3, Skyrim) where I paid full price... so I'll just stick with my one. (It's always these ones I end up regreting when I search Ebay prices 1-2 years down the line).

#51 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hey I posted the code earlier! So give me some props too! LOL. :bouncy:

Glad you were able to take advantage of the code! :applause:

Yeah you did. Thanks, I cancelled my order and replaced it now it's OOS. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake earlier

#52 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

I thought making of the DVD is included with the regular enhanced edition?
Cause I remember seeing four DVDs pictures for the enhanced edition.
Edit: Guess not.

Honestly, I'd be more interested if a steelbook was included.

#53 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

got the shipping confirmations that 2 of the 4 orders i placed were shipped. so heres hoping they arrive in a box well protected. ill have 3 of them total then. best buy also looks like they may have goofed and sent me the witcher 2 enhanced twice for free. this whole month so far is turning out great for me.

#54 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Got a shipment confirmation

#55 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

They already shipped mine as well...wow.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#56 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Couldn't cancel my first order in time (forgot to add the $10 code). Looks like I'll be getting an extra copy.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#57 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Sweet! I just called GameStop to see if they can credit me $10 or something since I ordered before finding out about the code and they said yes! Order will also arrive on Thursday with cheapest shipping method. GameStop is stepping up. And with experience with GameStop in the past with Mass Effect 3 CE, my order should arrive in pristine condition!

#58 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

I got mine and no serial number. Will have to open to see if its inside or not.
On the sides like the german one are black.

I got mine from GS.com surprised they even shipped it, still waiting for my amazon one.
Lov the keychain and great packaging. No dents.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#59 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

Got shipment confirmation

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#60 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

anyone open it yet to see if the numbers are on the sides once you remove the slip cover??