Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#391 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

The Chefs win, the Chefs win... 'Aints are now 0-3. Fantastic.

#392 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ive been engrossed in this Chiefs game. Did Jones get injured?

He went out of the game with an apparent hand injury. But a little later, he was back on the sidelines, helmet in hand, asking to come back in. He then proceeds to get the Falcons a first down on his next catch and shortly after that gets open for a TD. The Falcons have so many weapons. SD is struggling right now. Mathews is a little off and they're not airing anything all out to Gates. Seems Rivers is just throwing to Floyd, who is not really making the most of these targets yet.

#393 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Dayum, even as a Vikings fan I didn't think they had a snowball's chance in hell of winning that game, let alone being ahead the whole game...

Strong running attack, short passes, and relentless D... the Vikings used the 49ers game plan against them!

#394 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

LOL Eagles.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#395 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Someone better explain to Greg Schiano that he isn't coaching a crappy team in a mediocre football conference. His victory-formation "blitz" is gonna end up getting someone on his team killed when it pisses off the wrong guy.

#396 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

The refs are shitting all over themselves in this Pats-Ravens game. Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Edit: Collinsworth and Michaels are now openly criticizing the officials.

33126.png

#397 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

They clearly can't control these games, and things are only going to get progressively worse, as the games become more important and players continue to see how far they can go without repercussions.

#398 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

They clearly can't control these games, and things are only going to get progressively worse, as the games become more important and players continue to see how far they can go without repercussions.

The issue in this game is it's not even two-sided. They have made four or five absolutely brutal calls which have exclusively benefited the home team. You would never see the real NFL refs this blatantly influenced by the crowd.

33126.png

#399 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

Someone better explain to Greg Schiano that he isn't coaching a crappy team in a mediocre football conference. His victory-formation "blitz" is gonna end up getting someone on his team killed when it pisses off the wrong guy.

It's not illegal, and I am not against it, but someone is going to get hurt.

I bet more coaches copy this too.

#400 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

The refs are shitting all over themselves in this Pats-Ravens game. Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Edit: Collinsworth and Michaels are now openly criticizing the officials.

It's awful. I dont think I've seen officiating this terrible...

#401 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

There was a good read on Yahoo Sports about how he was already widely disliked around the league due to his treatment of scouts that came to Rutgers.

#402 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

It's not illegal, because it's never been an issue. If they end up getting someone hurt, the NFL will find a way to outlaw it. Now that teams expect that it's coming, I think we will avoid what happened in the Giants game. But if they eventually rub the wrong player the wrong way, someone on the Bucs is gonna get their clock cleaned real good.

#403 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

It's not illegal, because it's never been an issue. If they end up getting someone hurt, the NFL will find a way to outlaw it. Now that teams expect that it's coming, I think we will avoid what happened in the Giants game. But if they eventually rub the wrong player the wrong way, someone on the Bucs is gonna get their clock cleaned real good.

Almost happened today when they killed the Cowboys lineman.

#404 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Teams will most likely just prepare for it now. I am willing to bet it will cause a fumble some time this year.

#405 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

There was a good read on Yahoo Sports about how he was already widely disliked around the league due to his treatment of scouts that came to Rutgers.

Thanks for the link! It was a good read.

#406 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

I got a chuckle out of Collinsworth and Michaels spending the first half alternatively baffled and incensed at the refs and then coming out in the second half praising them for "taking charge of the game." Someone got a halftime call from the NFL. :lol:

33126.png

#407 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

Wow the 2nd half didient begin till after 10:30, these officials are killing any momentum these teams get. This game will probably not end till after midnight, so 8:20-12:00.
Posted Image

#408 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

The commentators are killing these replacement officials, when talking about why these penalties are taking so long to enforce, even simple cut and dry penalties.

"You know that ref is in contact with someone in the booth who actually knows whats going on"
Posted Image

#409 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

That hit was brutal.

#410 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

I have been watching the NFL for a long time, and I've honestly never seen a single game where I was convinced the refs were in the tank for one team until tonight. But this has been absolutely criminal. That the Patriots are still winning this game is unreal.

33126.png

#411 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

23 Penaltys..

#412 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

23 Penaltys..

12 first downs via penalty.

I love the stupid Ravens fans chanting "bullshit" now. Not sure what game they've been watching.

33126.png

#413 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

12 first downs via penalty.

This is stupid.

#414 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Refs look like they had a huge impact on the outcome of the game, this is unreal how the NFL can let this go on.....
Posted Image

#415 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Refs look like they had a huge impact on the outcome of the game, this is unreal how the NFL can let this go on.....

It's unreal. They literally handed the game to the Ravens.

33126.png

#416 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

WTF was that field goal even good?

NFL needs to get some qualified officials, because this is downright fucken dumb how Refs can basically dictate the outcome of the game

P.S to Roger Goodell, NFL is worth over 50 billion! just hand the Ref unions 50 million, and let them keep their pentions, so we can have PROFESSIONAL football, not this beer league bullshit
Posted Image

#417 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

I really hope this is the game that forces the NFL's hand. If it doesn't, it is beyond clear that the league does not care at all about the legitimacy of these games. I always hate when people bitch about referees handing one team or the other a game. Calls eventually work themselves. But these guys are clearly way out of their league. They should not be officiating NFL games.

The field was definitely good, but the refs didn't need that to end their night lol.

And Bill Belichick is gonna be in deep shit for that one...

#418 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

lol.. what happened at the end of the game? I heard the announcer say "well that'll cost some money" and then "I can't believe that belichick just did that"

#419 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

I always hate when people bitch about referees handing one team or the other a game.

I usually feel that way as well, but anyone with eyes can't deny it in this case.

Belichick made contact with an official. Honestly, it took some fucking restraint not to deck him. This is the first NFL game I've ever seen where you honestly have to ask if the referees were paid off. It was that bad, and that one-sided.

33126.png

#420 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

lol.. what happened at the end of the game? I heard the announcer say "well that'll cost some money" and then "I can't believe that belichick just did that"

He grabbed the ref and tried to turn him around as he ran off the field.