Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#511 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Man it was a double-dip of aggravation for me, as I'm a fan of the Packers and the Raiders.

I was pretty concerned when Heyward-bey wasn't moving for what seemed like 5-10 minutes. When he gave the thumbs up, that was a huge sigh of relief...

I was over the GB/SEA game in less than 30 mins, due to the fact that they should have never allowed themselves to be in that position in the first place. I already had a bad feeling the moment Benson fumbled the ball near the goal line...they were OWNING that 2nd half and just flattened out right at the end. Still though....the NFL actually backing up that call is just.....atrocious......

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#512 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Of course knocking it down is a foolproof plan.

He got screwed anyways :lol:

#513 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

Couldn't stop laughing at this week, looking forward to more, also keep the tears coming. LOLgreenbay

#514 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Knocking it down can be a dangerous proposition, especially in and around the endzone. Case in point: what happened in the Titans/Lions game.

To be fair, what Akeem Ayers did can hardly be called "knocking the ball down". He jumped up with his hand open and his fingers extended. If you're even going to go for the ball, violently punch at it. Don't pitty patter that shit back up into the air. Otherwise you're better off just getting in somebody's way and letting the ball hit you in the back.

Also, all the people calling the games more "entertaining" with these refs makes me sick. You know what else is called "sports entertainment"? Professional wrestling. If you're that big of a drama queen that you can't enjoy sports without having intrigue and wrongdoing, then go watch a fucking soap opera. Real sports are supposed to be about fair competition. The garbage they're giving us every week now is a disgrace to the game.

#515 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#516 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

So you're supporting the regular refs and thus unions, huh? Interesting...

I think the issue here is more than the NFL hired replacements too late in order to train them properly, thus creating a problem with the product on the field. It'd be the same thing if they had replacement players come in off the streets two days before the season started.

The replacement referees have gotten worse as the season has gone on, not better. That's a problem.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#517 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Chris mortinson reports the deal with the refs is done and they could be officiating this weekend. He hasn't confirmed it. He heard it from one reliable source.

#518 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

I knew once Goddell was in on the sessions the owners had told him to get a deal done. I expect this done by tonight, scab ref send off tomorrow night one last hurrah, hopefully they don't blow that game.

#519 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I still think that calls are still going to be criticized now more than ever..even with the regular refs

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#520 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Everyone's forgetting how bad the regular officials have been the last few years too. Of course, not AS bad, but still.

Hey, maybe that was the plan all along... if you're a conspiracy theorist type...

#521 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

yeah, once the refs come back expect to see tons of stories about how "the refs need preseason too" and other excuses for all of the horrible calls we will still see on a weekly basis. However, as long as they get the factual basics right (down and distance, challenges remaining, etc.) it will be a huge improvement.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#522 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

A crazy thought I just had, but once the original referees come back, won't they still be replacement refs themselves? Because they'll be replacing the current refs. :razz:

card.png

#523 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

Slap yourself, JStryke.

#524 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

yeah, once the refs come back expect to see tons of stories about how "the refs need preseason too" and other excuses for all of the horrible calls we will still see on a weekly basis. However, as long as they get the factual basics right (down and distance, challenges remaining, etc.) it will be a huge improvement.

The games being 30 mins shorter will be enough of an improvement.

Everyone can blow a call, but these guys didn't know procedures, and in some cases, rules all together. That's just not gonna cut it.

#525 packerfan10

packerfan10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

As a Packerfan I am quite worried about the next game. I think the Saints are more hungry for a win so they will be a bit more daring in the play calling.
Posted Image

#526 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

As a Packerfan I am quite worried about the next game. I think the Saints are more hungry for a win so they will be a bit more daring in the play calling.

I figured the Pack would go in there and beat down the Saints. They would take out their aggression on them from the Monday night game. I'm going against a guy who has Aaron Rodgers and the Packers Defense in fantasy football, and I've already committed to the fact that I'm going to lose this week just because of those two factors.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#527 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

Both teams are pretty hungry for a win right now...so this game is gonna be unpredictable. Entertaining and nerve-wracking at the same time haha

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#528 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Alot of good games today. Here's hoping the Eagles don't decide to get their asses in gear against my Giants.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

#529 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, a great football Sunday so far!

#530 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Wilfork is such a beast.

Posted Image

New sig coming soon.

#531 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

Helps when you get the high quality of play we've come to expect from the Bills.
Posted Image

#532 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

Wow, Giants HAD that game.
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#533 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

And just as I expected, the Eagles woke up, and the Giants take the loss. 2-5 start coming for the Giants with Cleveland, San Fran and Washington their next 3 games.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

#534 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Gotta love how everyone was whining about the replacement refs yet the real ones shit the bed almost as bad today. That Green Bay Saints game was atrocious and I'm glad GB won so they could stop whining LOLsaints. Scam Buston letting the Fraudcons come back was hilarious. Hell i don't even know which was funnier, Cam fumbling giving ATL a chance or the flagrant holding that happened during that 50+ yard heave that allowed ATL to get into field goal range in the first place.

Props to Redskins for having 2 players injure themselves in fucking warm ups lmao

#535 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Jesus those flags were killing me at the end and Andy Reid why the hell are you calling time out?

I hate when coaches do that time out bullshit on field goals at the end of games. Most of the time the dude misses the first kick and nails the second attempt. I couldn't believe we pulled that shit. So dumb and almost cost us the game.

The Eagles dodged a bullet but that def pass interference call on Asomugha was kinda sketchy in my opinion.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#536 packerfan10

packerfan10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

If all the Packer game end like this this season just throw my in the straight jacket right now.
Posted Image

#537 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

#538 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

And just as I expected, the Eagles woke up, and the Giants take the loss. 2-5 start coming for the Giants with Cleveland, San Fran and Washington their next 3 games.

Individual Team Matchups are important so 3-4.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#539 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Posted Image

9 seconds into the game... someone is amped

#540 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Wilfork is such a beast.

Posted Image

Its refreshing to see nice form tackles. Not this, "Lets hit him as hard as I can and hope he goes down" crap a lot of players do nowadays.