Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#31 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

If it happens, I think the city of Cleveland earns the moniker of 'Shittiest Town to Be a Local Pro Sports Fan' for the decade just 3 years in. Indians being mediocre can't make up for the piles the Cavs and Browns are primed to remain.

Now I'm hearing the Jets are considering trading their next two years entire draft boards for the #4 cause Richardson is their highest rated player. Doubt it happens but if so lolz.

#32 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Now I'm hearing the Jets are considering trading their next two years entire draft boards for the #4 cause Richardson is their highest rated player. Doubt it happens but if so lolz.

Peter King nails it:

This Richardson stuff is so silly--a great example of the circle-jerking of a jillion of us covering the draft for far, far too long.

These are just wild rumors because Sal Palantonio was allowed to see the Jets' draft board and said who was at the #1 spot. We need the draft to just start now so we can finally get to the picks.

#33 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

For a good laugh, Vikes P Chris Kluwe is registering for NeoGAF right now with the intention of posting about some criticism he got from them recently.

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

It's because of this article he wrote for Game Informer about wanting Xenoblade Chronicles to get an HD upgrade.

#35 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

Peter King nails it:

These are just wild rumors because Sal Palantonio was allowed to see the Jets' draft board and said who was at the #1 spot. We need the draft to just start now so we can finally get to the picks.

Peter King said "Circle-jerk"? LMAO

#36 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

The Browns absolutely need to land one of the top 2 RB and one of the top 3 WR with the first three picks and do NOT get Weeden. Wouldn't kill us to end up with Claiborn or the 2nd rated positions at RB or WR pending some weird trade situation, but going QB with one of the top three is a waste because they will still suck ass this year no matter what and can most likely make the move up for a QB next year if need be. Let's get some pieces in place.

I think Heckert knows how to draft but I definitely have fear that some kind of override knee jerk command will come from Holmgren at some point.. it sounds like Holmgren already scared away free agents.
Posted Image

#37 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

The Browns absolutely need to land one of the top 2 RB and one of the top 3 WR with the first three picks and do NOT get Weeden. Wouldn't kill us to end up with Claiborn or the 2nd rated positions at RB or WR pending some weird trade situation, but going QB with one of the top three is a waste because they will still suck ass this year no matter what and can most likely make the move up for a QB next year if need be. Let's get some pieces in place.

I think Heckert knows how to draft but I definitely have fear that some kind of override knee jerk command will come from Holmgren at some point.. it sounds like Holmgren already scared away free agents.

It's been said that they both agree on the pick that they'll make, so there won't be an issues unless an Atlanta happens again with a deal that's far too good to ignore. Holmgren seems to have full confidence with what Heckert's doing to let him handle things.

Here's his response to being asked about if everybody in the front office is on the same page:

"I know who that four is going to be if we stay there. We are all on the same page. We know we are getting a really good player no matter what happens at three. We know we are getting one of two guys. We don't know who is going to go at three, but we are extremely happy and excited with whoever is going to be there at four."

#38 jello44

jello44

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

For a good laugh, Vikes P Chris Kluwe is registering for NeoGAF right now with the intention of posting about some criticism he got from them recently.

I'm sure everything will have blown over by time they activate his account six months from now.

72768.png

#39 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

I'd much rather see the Browns address their QB issues by signing a solid free agent rather than drafting another young kid and playing trial by fire again.

#40 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

They weren't interested in any of the free agents, which is why they didn't pursue anybody but the 2nd pick for RG3. Heckert's shown that he's not the kind of guy to just sign or draft anybody so he can say that he signed/drafted somebody.

#41 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

As a Dolphins fan, I'm really worried we're going to pull the trigger on Tannehill. I like the kid, but I think picking him at eight is a HUGE reach. I'd much rather we grab someone like Ingram or Coples to help Cameron Wake. Or better yet, get Blackmon if he somehow slips to eight or Malcolm Floyd to help out Moore (who I think is better than people give him credit for). I'd rather do any of those, then try and get someone like Kirk Cousins in the later rounds when him, Osweiler, or Weeden are bound to be available.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#42 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

if anyone is in the NYC area, I am giving away tickets to day 3 of the draft:

http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=9577334

#43 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

As a Dolphins fan, I'm really worried we're going to pull the trigger on Tannehill. I like the kid, but I think picking him at eight is a HUGE reach. I'd much rather we grab someone like Ingram or Coples to help Cameron Wake. Or better yet, get Blackmon if he somehow slips to eight or Malcolm Floyd to help out Moore (who I think is better than people give him credit for). I'd rather do any of those, then try and get someone like Kirk Cousins in the later rounds when him, Osweiler, or Weeden are bound to be available.

The problem is, Tannehill is said by a lot of people to have better skill sets than Barkley, which if true, means the Dolphins should draft Tannehill. In my opinion.

Edited by DestroVega, 26 April 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#44 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

The Pro Bowl could be cancelled if the NFL and Players Union if they can't figure out a way to improve the game. The big issue is that there's no competition between the defense and offense like there is in any normal game, so it entertaining at all like regular season/playoff games. I'd love to see them try some new rules of the NFL Blitz variety (4 downs to go 30 yards, pass interference is fine) to balance it a bit more while also encouraging the creative/big plays that already happens with the short preparation time anyway.

#45 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

The Pro Bowl could be cancelled if the NFL and Players Union if they can't figure out a way to improve the game. The big issue is that there's no competition between the defense and offense like there is in any normal game, so it entertaining at all like regular season/playoff games. I'd love to see them try some new rules of the NFL Blitz variety (4 downs to go 30 yards, pass interference is fine) to balance it a bit more while also encouraging the creative/big plays that already happens with the short preparation time anyway.

I'd take anything, right now. The Pro Bowl is a snoozefest.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I honestly haven't watched an entire Pro Bowl in my entire life. Hell, I haven't even watched a single minute of one in at least 5-6 years. THE single most boring sporting "event" on the planet. I'd prefer if they eliminated the game and just had players do various skill competitions. I miss those old ESPN broadcasts of quarterbacks doing random throwing drills and whatnot.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#47 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

I think they still do those, but without a Pro Bowl, those wouldn't happen anymore. It was because they had all of those players gathering in one spot that they could have those competitions.

#48 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Had no clue they still did those. I knew they happened where the Pro Bowl was at because all the players were there. I figured they could still do them though, but put more emphasis on them. They were always more entertaining than the actual game itself.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#49 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I checked in for a bit on the ESPN coverage of the draft and they were talking about Andrew Luck not being able to start practicing with the Colts until mid-June because he's in his final semester before graduation. He could've been done by now, but he had to skip the previous semester due to prep for the combine and workouts. He can only participate in one practice next weekend before graduation, so he gets to just study the playbook for the next couple of months until he can actually start working with the team.

#50 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Browns and Vikes swapped picks (MN also gets three other draft picks from Cleveland).

@Adam Schefter
Vikings got the Browns picks in rounds 1, 4, 5, 7. Cleveland gets the No. 3 overall pick.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#51 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Browns and Vikes swapped picks (MN also gets three other draft picks from Cleveland).

Why?
Posted Image

#52 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Affter the first few picks, it is going to be wide open. I think cleveland gave up too much. Richardson is very good though.

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#53 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Cleveland definitely gave up WAY too much. The Vikes weren't going to draft Richardson, that means the Browns were apparently shitting themselves in fear of someone else moving up. I didn't really see that happening, I guess they did. Great move for Minnesota though as they'll still get their guy.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#54 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

Not sure how much truth the rumor about tampa wanting richardosn was, but I am pretty sure the vikings was playing them a little. Tampa if they were trying to get him, I am sure they were going to give up quite a bit. I think the rumor was bullshit personally.

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#55 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Keyshawn just said the Browns will fight for the division this year. He must be smoking the good stuff. :)

#56 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm not sure why they'd trade up unless they thought Minnesota was going to pick a player they wanted (Blackmon).

#57 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Anybody else hear Chris Berman screaming at the top of his lungs when they went to the intro video for the draft? I know he like to overdo it at times, but that topped everything else he's done.

#58 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Na I am watching nfl network, I like them a lot better than espn, thanks to redzone. Greatest thing inevented.

Luck looks good in Colt blue

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#59 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

RG3 goes to the Redskins as expected. Shouldn't the NFL be fitting these players for hats so you don't see somebody set it on top of their head because it doesn't fit?

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Cleveland picks Trent Richardson with the third pick. I'm hoping that Kendall Wright is still around with that 22nd pick.

Robert Griffin III already passed the Jim Zorn test with the maroon and gold socks.

Edit: Again, there's another player whose hat doesn't fit him.