Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#841 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

In lighter news: Sucks being a Panthers fan.

Yes it does. :cry:

#842 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I still dont understand how they have not gotten a solid number 2 receiver. I mean the 2005 nfc championship game proved that they needed one. Keyshawn and Moose were solid but there was never a long term solution sought out.

#843 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

I should clarify... I'm HOPING the Texans win as my Broncos can go 4-0 or at worst 3-1 depending on the Ravens game, so they can get home field. I expect the Pats to win though. Honestly PimpLimp, I'm not that worried by Arian that much if I'm the Pats. His numbers are inflated just because of the insane amount of touches he gets. His YPC is down a lot when he goes up against decent run defenses this year (GB, Chi, heck Ten twice). I think the defense has to prevail or risk letting Schaub duel it out againt Brady (an option I wouldn't think most Texans fans are too thrilled about.)

It's going to be a good game but I honestly think the Texans defense will be the difference maker. And I agree with pretty much everything you say about Foster. They haven't been throwing him the ball much this year and he hasn't really had that many plays for big yards this year as well, but he is absolutely LETHAL in the red zone. Which is something you have to account for.

And now with Ben Tate back, and Forsett being pretty good the last couple games, the Pats have a stable of backs to worry about.

In the end, for all the people bitching earlier about the NFL showing "weak" primetime games, this is probably going to be one of the best MNF games of the season.

#844 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I still dont understand how they have not gotten a solid number 2 receiver. I mean the 2005 nfc championship game proved that they needed one. Keyshawn and Moose were solid but there was never a long term solution sought out.

You and me both. Hell, if they wait long enough, they'll need to start looking for a number 1 receiver. :lol:

#845 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

And now with Ben Tate back, and Forsett being pretty good the last couple games, the Pats have a stable of backs to worry about.

Posted Image

His body is ready.

In the end, for all the people bitching earlier about the NFL showing "weak" primetime games, this is probably going to be one of the best MNF games of the season.

No doubt.

33126.png

#846 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well, my guess was pretty close.

http://sports.yahoo....40857--nfl.html

#847 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

You and me both. Hell, if they wait long enough, they'll need to start looking for a number 1 receiver. :lol:

89 had four guys on him that game because he is so nasty. He should be a hall of famer when he retires but I think his lack of a QB is going to hurt him.

#848 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Redskins' Griffin suspended 4 games for performance enhancers.

:(

http://espn.go.com/n...nded-four-games
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#849 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Do you get credit for click through's from ESPN? That is the most misleading post I have seen in a long time.

Posted Image

#850 gamingcamelcliente

gamingcamelcliente

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

What's with this whole "adderall" is a performance enhancing drug...I'm not denying that on a very minimal level it is...but isn't it overstepping the boundaries of why these anti-doping committees were set up... seems like they are just power hungry...let the kids play

#851 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Do you get credit for click through's from ESPN? That is the most misleading post I have seen in a long time.

He probably does. I thought it was Robert Griffin III there for a bit.

#852 gamingcamelcliente

gamingcamelcliente

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I thought exactly the same thing, had to go back and re-read it.

#853 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

What's with this whole "adderall" is a performance enhancing drug...I'm not denying that on a very minimal level it is...but isn't it overstepping the boundaries of why these anti-doping committees were set up... seems like they are just power hungry...let the kids play

The NFL never releases what drug it was, so the player will almost always say it was "Adderall" even if it was something else. Why? To get reactions exactly like yours: "Adderall? What's the big deal?" Make no mistake, the vast majority of guys who say they got busted for Adderall, it was really something worse.

It's an easy excuse, I'd imagine it's rarely true, especially considering the NFL allows Adderall with a prescription. These guys aren't that dumb.

33126.png

#854 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Misleading post is misleading.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#855 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

This one along with the Pats/49ers game the following week on SNF... yeah finally some good competitive games in prime time. Sorry I wasn't even counting the Pats/Jets game from a few weeks ago going into it as "competitive" since I knew my Pats were going to tear the Jets apart.

New sig coming soon.

#856 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...-at-seasons-end

It seems that Norv Turner and AJ Smith are finally getting the hook after the season is over.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#857 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...-at-seasons-end

It seems that Norv Turner and AJ Smith are finally getting the hook after the season is over.

Only 3 seasons too late!

#858 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Only 3 seasons too late!

No shit. Took em long enough. It's like the Chargers loved failure.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#859 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

89 had four guys on him that game because he is so nasty. He should be a hall of famer when he retires but I think his lack of a QB is going to hurt him.

If Tim Brown and Cris Carter get denied, I'd be less than optimistic at his chances.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#860 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

If Brown and Carter aren't somehow both enshrined by the time Steve Smith is Hall eligible, first ballot is out of the question. Also, Smith is going to potentially be in contention with the likes of Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Marvin Harrison; a WR logjam similar to what has kept Brown and Carter out of the Hall.

#861 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

If Brown and Carter aren't somehow both enshrined by the time Steve Smith is Hall eligible, first ballot is out of the question. Also, Smith is going to potentially be in contention with the likes of Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Marvin Harrison; a WR logjam similar to what has kept Brown and Carter out of the Hall.

It's pretty easy to get into the NFL HOF in camparson to the MLB HOF but they are going to need to start judging WRs a lot stricter based on how much more of a passing league it has become based on the rule changes.

#862 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I don't see Smith getting in before Brown, Carter, Harrison, Owens, or Moss. Depending on when Reggie Wayne calls it in, him too. Come to think of it, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt will be eligible soon too. Not looking good for him.

I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#863 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

The logjam of WRs waiting to get into the Hall of Fame is crazy. Rod Smith should also be a lock for the Hall of Fame at some point.

There are three semifinalists at WR for the 2013 class (Cris Carter, Andre Reed, and Tim Brown). It's also noteworthy that this is the first year for Terrell Davis as a semifinalist for the Hall of Fame selections.

http://en.wikipedia....r_Class_of_2013

#864 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

If Tim Brown and Cris Carter get denied, I'd be less than optimistic at his chances.

Cris Carter sucked in the playoffs and spent the second half of his career with Randy Moss. Randall Cunningham Jeff George and Culpeper were all better qbs than delhomme.

#865 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Cris Carter sucked in the playoffs and spent the second half of his career with Randy Moss. Randall Cunningham Jeff George and Culpeper were all better qbs than delhomme.

... Did you seriously just cite playing with JEFF GEORGE as a reason why CC SHOULDN'T be in the HOF? :lol: Don't you think Carter made George better and not vice-versa? Besides, they were only together for 10 games so that point is moot. I know Delhomme sucked near the end, but he was very respectable for a stretch in Carolina. Smith also has a pretty solid up-and-coming QB slinging it to him now. I get you wanna see your guy get in, but let's be real now. :hot: I can relate, too many Broncos greats have been denied or had entry delayed because of Cleveland's disdain for them. See Randy Gradishar, Terrell Davis (if Gale Sayers gets in under the argument of 'he would have been in if not for injuries, Davis should get in. He was dominant), Shannon Sharpe not getting in until the THIRD try despite retiring as the greatest TE ever. And how is playing alongside Moss in his prime bad? Carter wasn't a scrub along for the ride, he had two 1000 yd and double-digit TD receiving seasons in 98 and 99 playing with Moss. Moss has often cited that time as a learning experience for him. Carter was also a central piece of that (at the time) record-breaking Vikings offense too. There's close to 7 or 8 guys that should go in before Smith gets considered.

Edited by RealDeals, 08 December 2012 - 11:15 PM.

Posted Image

#866 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

What do the Cleveland Browns have to do with Broncos players not getting in right away? Members of the media for each city picks who does or doesn't get in each year.

#867 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

What do the Cleveland Browns have to do with Broncos players not getting in right away? Members of the media for each city picks who does or doesn't get in each year.

http://sports.espn.g...mike&id=2958207

If not for a few years ago, Elway would have been the only Bronco HOFer. Given their history and track record, that seems a little absurd. It may not be significant, but I've heard rumors that some Broncos players were pre-disposed not to get in because of the many times they'd burned the Browns. May not have any creedence to it, but I still wonder. I should clarify, I don't believe that was the biggest point (if at all) of why those guys didn't get in, much of that I'd attribute to never really getting nationally recognized despite playing on a level similar to other HOFers.

Posted Image

#868 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

... Did you seriously just cite playing with JEFF GEORGE as a reason why CC SHOULDN'T be in the HOF? :lol: Don't you think Carter made George better and not vice-versa? Besides, they were only together for 10 games so that point is moot. I know Delhomme sucked near the end, but he was very respectable for a stretch in Carolina. Smith also has a pretty solid up-and-coming QB slinging it to him now. I get you wanna see your guy get in, but let's be real now. :hot: I can relate, too many Broncos greats have been denied or had entry delayed because of Cleveland's disdain for them. See Randy Gradishar, Terrell Davis (if Gale Sayers gets in under the argument of 'he would have been in if not for injuries, Davis should get in. He was dominant), Shannon Sharpe not getting in until the THIRD try despite retiring as the greatest TE ever. And how is playing alongside Moss in his prime bad? Carter wasn't a scrub along for the ride, he had two 1000 yd and double-digit TD receiving seasons in 98 and 99 playing with Moss. Moss has often cited that time as a learning experience for him. Carter was also a central piece of that (at the time) record-breaking Vikings offense too. There's close to 7 or 8 guys that should go in before Smith gets considered.

Jeff George has one of the strongest arms ever. When moss is spreading the field it's pretty easy to be open.

Maybe I am biased because of what Randy did to Dallas.

#869 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Nowhere does that suggest Cleveland is the reason for Broncos not making the Hall of Fame. The team didn't have a great relationship with the people that run the Hall itself until Mike Holmgren ran the team and made that a priority. I really don't see any way that there's a bias for all of the voters when only one person that votes for the committee is affiliated with the team, so I'll chalk that up as a nonsense conspiracy.

Four of the remaining 15 are Broncos (Davis, Atwater, Mecklenberg, and Lynch). I'd agree with the notion that you also suggested where they don't have a ton of household names outside of players they've had since the 80s (Elway, Mecklenberg, Atwater, Rod Smith, Terrell Davis, Sharpe, Zimmerman, Nalen, Champ Bailey). There aren't many well-known players from before then, which would be the choice of the senior committee that gets just two selections a year to make that even harder. They'll get more players now because those guys have retired and are now up for enshrinement. Elway retired way earlier than the rest of his teammates, so that's one reason for the disparity there.

#870 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Steve Smith is not Chris Carter, please.