Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#871 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Jeff George has one of the strongest arms ever. When moss is spreading the field it's pretty easy to be open.

Maybe I am biased because of what Randy did to Dallas.

Again, Carter was dominant even before Moss. Even more so considering he didn't have to share as much. The fact he stayed relevant at an old age and adjusted is more credit to how great he was. And please, stop implying George was anything less than a complete bust. Doesn't matter how strong an arm he had when he was an egomaniac and team-cancer. Delhomme over him every day.The most notable thing about CC is how good of a TD receiver he was. Besides Jerry Rice and perhaps Michael Irvin, he's the one guy I'd throw the ball to for 6, awesome route-runner and legendary hands.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#872 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

http://sports.yahoo....56872--nfl.html

Police charged Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent with intoxication manslaughter Saturday after he flipped his car in a pre-dawn accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#873 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

An amazing stat for Phil Dawson:

Among all NFL kickers who have made 300 or more field goals, #Browns kicker Phil Dawson ranks first in field goal percentage

http://twitter.com/D...842953022619648

That TD punt return by Travis Benjamin seemed like it could be a passing of the torch from Cribbs to Benjamin.

#874 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I can't believe how badly they just blew that Luck sack/interception TD replay in the Colts-Titans game.

#875 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

The level of officiating in this Colts game is at replacement ref level.

#876 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

lol How was that an illegal hit on Dez? fucking joke

#877 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Great game for the Browns, though Weeden still needs to work on not making those cocky throws into tight coverage that could easily be INTs if the DB holds onto the ball. The defense has stepped up since the 80 yard TD run by Jamaal Charles by containing the running game and taking out the one decent WR option for Brady Quinn in Bowe.

Trent Richardson's tied the Browns franchise record for rushing TDs as a rookie, which was held by Jim Brown. I'm sure Jim Brown's happy to see he was wrong about Trent. He hasn't done well as far as yards or yards per carry, but that's not a surprise against a good defensive line.

It's great to see that Josh Gordon and Greg Little have settled into their #1/#2 roles, which has been a huge problem for the passing game over the past few years when nobody's stepped up to give the WR core some stability.

#878 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Because it's Dez Bryant. :bouncy:
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#879 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I get the feeling that Pat Shurmur could run the table to go 8-8 and he still couldn't save his job. It feels like the second half of this season is a big advertisement to potential new coaches.

If Tom Heckert and Dick Jauron aren't able to stay on after whatever changes they'll make, then I don't understand what more the new management could want from them. Heckert's done a fantastic job turning over the roster from a slow, old team to one that's young, faster, more talented and they're getting better with each game. Dick Jauron's done a fantastic job with the defense since he came in and having all of these rookies to work with makes it more impressive to see how they've performed sooner than you'd expect.

#880 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I don't know how Bobby Three Sticks was still able to play after that nasty hit to his knee, but that's extremely impressive. He's not getting Byron Leftwich-level of support from his team though.

Edit: Now Mike Shanahan doesn't look so crazy for the RGIII/Kirk Cousins picks in the draft.

#881 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Glad my Panthers could get the big win against the Falcons!

#882 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Glad my Panthers could get the big win against the Falcons!

And it only took Cam Newton having to run 116 yards to do it lol.

#883 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

HUGE win for the Cowboys today!

#884 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Seattle is giving the Cardinals a pretty epic beatdown.

#885 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

HUGE win for the Cowboys today!

Wins by the Redskins, Seahawks, and Giants diminish it. I was really hoping they would gain some ground on other teams after today.

Posted Image

#886 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Ravens fall to 9-4. If Houston beats NE, they'd be 9-4 too and if Denver beat the Ravens they'd be in excellent place to lock up the second seed with the Browns and Chiefs to finish.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#887 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Wins by the Redskins, Seahawks, and Giants diminish it. I was really hoping they would gain some ground on other teams after today.

It's still a big win. A loss from the skins next week and a win for the Cowboys could make this victory count even more. There are a lot of scenarios though.

#888 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

It's still a big win. A loss from the skins next week and a win for the Cowboys could make this victory count even more. There are a lot of scenarios though.

Giants still have to play the Falcons and the Ravens too, so there is a chance they can slip. RG3 being banged up could also hurt the Redskins chances.

I think I am a little down on the Boys because I am waiting for December to do them in like it has in past years. Plus they just keep losing players to IR.

Posted Image

#889 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Effing Giants. So hard to watch.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#890 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

I'm surprised that the Redskins won. I'm even more surprised that it was by the hand of KC1, not RG3. I'm also surprised because it was the first time the Redskins beat the Ravens in the regular season.

But even before this week's game took place, I was more concerned about next week's game at Cleveland. The Browns are playing somewhat decently right now, and this is one of those games looks to me like a typical 'Skins play down to the opposing team's level' games. They've done it so many times in the past and I just can't help but look at it and see the same thing happening again on Sunday.

Happy the Panthers won too. They wanted it, Atlanta didn't. Fuck the Cowboys though.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#891 jello44

jello44

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

A Texans win tonight would do quite nicely, yes.

#892 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

That was a disgrace. I think one of the announcers even said at this point the defense just has to allow him to catch the ball. I was trying to explain to my 5 year old why there was a penalty and all I could come up with was "because the refs are blind."

So pretty much everyone in the NFC won yesterday which was disappointing, other than the Giants of course. ;)

#893 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Ravens fire offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and replace him with QB coach Kim Caldwell.

Congrats Ravens fans.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#894 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ravens fire offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and replace him with QB coach Kim Caldwell.

Congrats Ravens fans.

Wow really? At 9-4? Oh no you've lost 2 games in a row for the first time in THREE YEARS. Time to panic! LOL. The Ravens are total frauds but still, why now?

#895 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Nah, go right ahead and leave Hernandez wide open at the goal line.

#896 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Nah, go right ahead and leave Hernandez wide open at the goal line.

I pity anyone who went ahead and rolled with the Texans defense.

33126.png

#897 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Seeing the Patriots kick the shit out of the Texans so far makes me hope that maybe all those Houston fans who became master shit-talkers all of a sudden will shut up. At least wait until they actually win something. Patriots fans never shut the Fuck up, but at least they have a right to brag with their titles.

#898 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I pity anyone who went ahead and rolled with the Texans defense.

I would never start a defense against the Patriots. Never. It's rare that the Patriots offense loses them games and much more often that they run the score up to the fucking clouds.

Seeing the Patriots kick the shit out of the Texans so far makes me hope that maybe all those Houston fans who became master shit-talkers all of a sudden will shut up. At least wait until they actually win something. Patriots fans never shut the Fuck up, but at least they have a right to brag with their titles.

They (Houstonians) mostly used to shit all over the Texans and now that they've managed to start getting winning seasons they're suddenly the greatest team ever. Worst fairweather fans ever. It's one thing to not support your team as strongly when they're losing but to actively shit all over them while their losing just to do a 180 as soon as they start winning is beyond fucking annoying.

#899 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Totally a bright idea for me to start Freeman over Brady this week. I'm glad I wasn't making the playoffs anyway.

#900 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Patriots fans never shut the Fuck up, but at least they have a right to brag with their titles.

I dunno, I remember being pretty quiet on February 4th, 2008. :cry:

33126.png