Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#901 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and call that a pretty satisfying half.

33126.png

#902 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

I live in New England, been around the Pats craze more than most people since 2001.

I just don't see New England winning. I can see maybe a 2 or 3 point favorite due to home field.........but Houston is going to tear apart New England's horrible pass defense. When the Pats D finally steps up to stop the pass, Arian Foster will go around the outside to avoid Wilfork & Crew.

In lighter news: Sucks being a Panthers fan. Don't know how they lost to the Chiefs.

hehehe.. hohoho.. hahaha..

Patriots don't have a horrible pass defense; they just haven't been cohesive or consistent.

#903 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

Who runs play action down 21-0?

#904 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

This game is far from over.

33126.png

#905 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

hehehe.. hohoho.. hahaha..

Patriots don't have a horrible pass defense; they just haven't been cohesive or consistent.

Right.......:roll:
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#906 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Texans and Falcons are starting to slip at the worst of times. I could see both going one and done.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#907 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Already pretty drunk and I have a final tomprrow. This has been Schaub's absolute WORST game so far this season. Texans finally score at halfway in the fucking 3rd quarter. The only positive in this that I can see for the Texans is that they will be out for blood if they meet the Pats in the playoffs.

They (Houstonians) mostly used to shit all over the Texans and now that they've managed to start getting winning seasons they're suddenly the greatest team ever. Worst fairweather fans ever. It's one thing to not support your team as strongly when they're losing but to actively shit all over them while their losing just to do a 180 as soon as they start winning is beyond fucking annoying.

You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the Texans' fanbase. You can't be the youngest and 5th most valuable team in the NFL and have fairweather fans at the same time.

Edited by PimpLimp, 11 December 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#908 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

28-7, time to run with Ridley and give me that fantasy win this week!

And Brady just ran for the 1st. Man I love this team.

#909 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Already pretty drunk and I have a final tomprrow. This has been Schaub's absolute WORST game so far this season. Texans finally score at halfway in the fucking 3rd quarter. The only positive in this that I can see for the Texans is that they will be out for blood if they meet the Pats in the playoffs.

You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the Texans' fanbase. You can't be the youngest and 5th most valuable team in the NFL and have fairweather fans at the same time.

Yeah, at this point that might be the case but 5 years ago they weren't. They've been winning for a couple seasons now so of course their value has gone up, as well as their fans' interest. Hey, I've been a fan of them since the beginning, I can even send you a picture of my David Carr jersey, I'm just sayin' there's a lot of people that haven't been their fans since the beginning though.

Edit-Had to wiki him to see if he was still playing and not only is Carr still a backup for the Giants but he also got a Super Bowl ring with them... Who'd have thought...

#910 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I'll say this for the Texans: JJ Watt is playing some of the best defensive end I've ever seen.

33126.png

#911 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Yeah, at this point that might be the case but 5 years ago they weren't. They've been winning for a couple seasons now so of course their value has gone up, as well as their fans' interest. Hey, I've been a fan of them since the beginning, I can even send you a picture of my David Carr jersey, I'm just sayin' there's a lot of people that haven't been their fans since the beginning though.

Edit-Had to wiki him to see if he was still playing and not only is Carr still a backup for the Giants but he also got a Super Bowl ring with them... Who'd have thought...

He's still playing. Had some rough time with the Texans and that horrible offensive line they had for years. His brother plays too currently at Fresno State. Had a pretty good season for them

#912 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Oh I'm pretty much in the same boat as you and I agree for the most part. But I think of the Texans fanbase as pretty diehard and who I was responding to just made a pretty dumb generalization IMO. And this is Texas we're talking about, anytime ANY football team does moderately well you're going to see bandwagoners.

And Fuck David Carr. I knew the moment the Giants won last year that he was getting a ring that he didn't deserve.

Done watching this game too. I'd rather just not go to bed in a shitty mood.

#913 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

By the way, this is the Patriots offense playing without their best receiver. Just some food for thought.

33126.png

#914 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Oh I'm pretty much in the same boat as you and I agree for the most part. But I think of the Texans fanbase as pretty diehard and who I was responding to just made a pretty dumb generalization IMO. And this is Texas we're talking about, anytime ANY football team does moderately well you're going to see bandwagoners.

And Fuck David Carr. I knew the moment the Giants won last year that he was getting a ring that he didn't deserve.

Done watching this game too. I'd rather just not go to bed in a shitty mood.

Uh yeah, that was me that made that "dumb generalization" and followed up with the post you agreed with...

Already pretty drunk and I have a final tomprrow.

haha, now it all comes together... ;) Good luck on that final tomorrow.

#915 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hahaha well screw you then. But yeah that second quote speaks for itself. Thanks for the good wishes.

#916 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Big deal Pats win at home ( all their "tough " games are at home ) and still have 3 losses with the NFLs easiest schedule against a team who had nothing on the line.

#917 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Big deal Pats win at home ( all their "tough " games are at home ) and still have 3 losses with the NFLs easiest schedule against a team who had nothing on the line.

Texans had nothing on the line?

If they lose both games to Indianapolis the Texans go from a #1 seed to a #5...

So I'd say there was a lot on the line in this game.

Although if the Texans want to stay positive about the loss, the same thing happened to the Jets 2 years ago. Get hammered 45-3 on Monday Night late in the season to New England and then beat them in the Playoffs the same season.

Edited by Nate Nanjo, 11 December 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#918 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

The 49ers vs Seahawks week 16 game got flexed to Sunday night. So the next two Sunday night football games will be 49ers at Patriots and then 49ers at Seahawks.

#919 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

The 49ers vs Seahawks week 16 game got flexed to Sunday night. So the next two Sunday night football games will be 49ers at Patriots and then 49ers at Seahawks.

Be interesting to see how San Fran looks to stop the Patriots.

#920 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Be interesting to see how San Fran looks to stop the Patriots.

Exactly how the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl twice, pass-rush the day lights out of them without having to blitz guys out of coverage.

#921 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I brought that point up to my dad last night. They always seem to play big games at home and consistently have one of the easiest schedules in the league (or so it seems to me that is). Kind of... strange... if you ask me...
Posted Image

#922 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

It's not like they go out and schedule games with Division II schools. There is a formula to the NFL schedule, and they play what they're given. Their schedule strength isn't helped by the shitty division they play in. I can't believe you buttheads are making me defend the Patriots.

#923 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I feel the same way right now pitfall...they've played the ravens, broncos, seahawks, rams, colts, texans and have the 49'ers coming up. It isn't like they are playing a weak schedule. You play the teams that you are given, and win the games in front of you.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#924 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

It's not like they go out and schedule games with Division II schools. There is a formula to the NFL schedule, and they play what they're given. Their schedule strength isn't helped by the shitty division they play in. I can't believe you buttheads are making me defend the Patriots.

I feel the same way right now pitfall...they've played the ravens, broncos, seahawks, rams, colts, texans and have the 49'ers coming up. It isn't like they are playing a weak schedule. You play the teams that you are given, and win the games in front of you.

There are those who are a little delusional that think the NFL is staged just like the WWF (now WWE). My favorite theory is that the NFL handpicked the Patriots to go on a 10+ year run of success in response to the 9/11 attacks... (Patriots.. Patriotism.. Good for ratings... Good for business...)

Schedules are picked years in advance and worked around the TV networks. The patriots play the same amount of home and away games as every other team the NFL. I really doubt NFL executives try to guess what teams will be good and which ones won't over the next few years so that they can give the Patriots the easiest possible schedule.

Bottom line the patriots most likely aren't as good as they played against the Jets or the Texans and for sure the Texans aren't as good as their two loss record suggests.

#925 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I brought that point up to my dad last night. They always seem to play big games at home and consistently have one of the easiest schedules in the league (or so it seems to me that is). Kind of... strange... if you ask me...

Agreed. It's total bullshit that everyone else in the NFL has to play the mathematically determined schedule and the Patriots get to pick who they play and where. :roll:

Schedules are picked years in advance and worked around the TV networks.

This is a common misconception. There is absolutely nothing about what teams are scheduled to play which that is "picked". The only manual part of the process is when the games are played (and I suppose which gets banished to London), but never who or where.

Every team plays:
- Home and away against every team in their division
-2 home and 2 away against a division in their conference which rotates every three years. The home/away in this series alternates as well.
-1 home and 1 away against teams from the other two divisions in their conference, corresponding to which teams finished in the same spots the prior year (so the 1st place teams always play the other 1st place teams, etc)
-2 home and 2 away against a division from the other conference which rotates every 4 years. These also alternate home/away.

There is zero choice involved, which makes the "why do they always have an easy schedule" thing one of the most bizarre conspiracies in sports.

The reason the Patriots always seem to have an easy schedule is because the rest of the teams in their division have been mediocre for the last decade. There is no mystery to it.

Edited by bvharris, 11 December 2012 - 05:55 PM.

33126.png

#926 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

If you want to see a creampuff schedule, look at the Broncos.

#927 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Well its like how playing the NFC West always seemed like to be give me wins, this year its a division you really don't want to play. Well aside from Arizona, but injuries and poor planning are playing a factor there.

Patriots schedule has been pretty tough, its not their problem the rest of the AFC East has a problem establishing a good team and that the NFC West has looked really bad the last couple of years. If the playoffs started now, the Pats have played 4 of the other 5 teams in the playoffs, the Steelers being the only team they haven't played.

#928 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

If you want to see a creampuff schedule, look at the Broncos.

that's idiotic. Atlanta, Texans, New England, Baltimore,

plus close to Playoff teams like Cincy, Steelers, TB

yeah they have KC but only 2 games.

Plus the Broncos have to actually go on the road for their though games unlike the Patsy's. The good teams the Patsy's played on the road = a loss.

#929 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

that's idiotic. Atlanta, Texans, New England, Baltimore,

plus close to Playoff teams like Cincy, Steelers, TB

yeah they have KC but only 2 games.

Plus the Broncos have to actually go on the road for their though games unlike the Patsy's. The good teams the Patsy's played on the road = a loss.

Only good team the Broncos have beaten all year is Pittsburgh, at home.

Their last 11 games:

San Diego 5-8
New Orleans 5-8
Cincinnati 7-6
Carolina 4-9
San Diego 5-8
Kansas City 2-11
Tampa Bay 6-7
Oakland 3-10
Baltimore 9-4
Cleveland 5-8
Kansas City 2-11

Cream. Puff.

#930 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Patriots lost to Arizona, nuff said. ;)
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.