Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1111 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Actually, recent trends have shown that teams entering the playoffs with a long winning streak don't advance very far. It might be smarter money to bet on anyone in the AFC EXCEPT the Broncos.

#1112 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

^ Totally wrong on the Tebow thing. Strictly a marketing move by the owner, nothing more to it.

Marketing is another reason why as well. But at the same time you kinda have to wonder a bit on my theory as well. I'm more than likely wrong but it kinda makes sense.

New sig coming soon.

#1113 Aldogg

Aldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

There's a part of me that thinks the Jets (and more likely Rex Ryan) took Tebow more in fear of him going to another team where he might of been not only an instant upgrade but could have turned that team into a threat to the Jets (ie: Dolphins). Of course who know really why the Jets grabbed him. In the end it's more proof on why the Jets are going to be the bottom of the barrel team in the AFC East for years to come. Bad management, bad draft choices, and just a bad sense of moral on the team as a whole.

Only problem with that train of thought was the only other team who was looking at Tebow is the Jags, who were looking to get Gators fans into the stands. Tebow might be an upgrade from Gabbert, but not a game changer that would have put them into wild card contention and they would have still been looking at a top 5 pick.

#1114 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Only problem with that train of thought was the only other team who was looking at Tebow is the Jags, who were looking to get Gators fans into the stands. Tebow might be an upgrade from Gabbert, but not a game changer that would have put them into wild card contention and they would have still been looking at a top 5 pick.

Very true. I couldn't remember if the Dolphins were in the mix for Tebow or not. I would not have been surprised if they had at least considered "kicking the tires" a bit on Tebow since honestly he can't be any worse then what they got now (Tannehill, Moore).

Speaking of the Jets looks like they are now hitting CL for a new starting QB.

http://newjersey.cra...3504709471.html

New sig coming soon.

#1115 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Speaking of the Jets looks like they are now hitting CL for a new starting QB.

http://newjersey.cra...3504709471.html

:lol: That's good stuff. :applause:

#1116 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Actually, Tannehill, outside of the rookie wall in the middle of the season, has been pretty good this season. RG3, Luck, and Wilson have overshadowed him, but Miami will most definitely NOT be QB shopping this offseason.

#1117 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Actually, Tannehill, outside of the rookie wall in the middle of the season, has been pretty good this season. RG3, Luck, and Wilson have overshadowed him, but Miami will most definitely NOT be QB shopping this offseason.

Yeah I don't know how much you have actually watched the Dolphins, but Tannehill is without question a player. I can't say he is definitely their QB for 12 years, but he certainly has the chance to be.

#1118 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

He'd be a lot better if he had a reliable WR to throw to. Hartline is OK, but you need more than that.

Part of me is hoping the Cowboys win tomorrow, but with that patchwork defense, I just don't see it. But, hey, the Cowboys have proved me wrong in the past.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1119 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

And the routine continues:

http://espn.go.com/n...ert-report-says
Posted Image

#1120 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

This was expected with a new owner coming in. New head honchos always want to bring in their own guys.

#1121 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Tom Heckert being fired is the most offensive part of the whole thing. He's done a great job of turning over the roster from one that was old, slow, and bad to one that is young, fast, and on the verge of being good with more time. Shurmur was to be expected, as he was basically auditioning the team for a new coach, but if they blow up the roster, then I don't know what else a GM could be expected to do besides be absolutely perfect with every pick and free agent signing.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#1122 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Heckert might have stayed if he had used the picks from the Julio Jones trade better. One great player, a reach at QB (and probably the deal breaker), two fringe players, and the last used in a rather uneccesaary trade.

If they had drafted more above average players in the deal besides Phil Taylor (or if Weeden lit up the NFL like Luck did), Heckert might have stayed.

#1123 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

The Weeden pick really is mind-boggling. He did get Josh Gordon though who looks like he can be a huge playmaker.

#1124 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Absolute bullshit call on the Andrew Luck fumble. Not only was he clearly not throwing the ball, he was facing the opposite way with fucking NOBODY near him.

#1125 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Time for Houston to put TJ Yates in for the playoffs.

#1126 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

looking like it will Denver and New England with first round byes in the AFC. Houston is backsliding big time...

#1127 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Well, positive way for the Titans to close out a lackluster season with a win against the Jags. Darius Reynaud and Zach Brown went OFF! 2 punt return TDs and 2 pick 6's, respectively. Brown recorded a sack as well. He is going to be a beast for this team next year. I just hope Jake Locker puts in the work to be both physically and mentally ready for next season. It also wouldn't be a bad idea for the Titans to make sure that o-line is shored up for both Locker and CJ's sake. It'll be interesting to see what moves the front office makes this offseason.

#1128 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Looking forward to Cowboys\Redskins. It should be a good one!

#1129 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Brandon Weeden, 1st round pick.
Russell Wilson, 3rd round pick.
18 starting quarterbacks since 1999.

Forever condemned to a top 5 pick.

#1130 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

For making his first start, Terrelle Pryor hasn't played all that bad today.

Peterson needs 45 yards for the single season rushing record. 2:54 left in regulation. I'd love to see him do it.

#1131 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

For making his first start, Terrelle Pryor hasn't played all that bad today.

Peterson needs 45 yards for the single season rushing record. 2:54 left in regulation. I'd love to see him do it.

Yea me too, maybe pull a Favre/Straham laydown disaster

He wont get rushing record in regulation, but if they go into overtime then he will get it no doubt.
Posted Image

#1132 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Who is this Christian Ponder on the Vikings? did their starting QB get injured in this game? Because this backup is pretty fantastic, because their starting QB is garbage.
Posted Image

#1133 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Loving the inept play calling in this game.

AP is shredding the defense left and right converting 1st down from 2nd and 27

then follows up with to more runs for 5+ to make it 2nd and 4

Vikings Logic? Herp derp play action incomplete passes to go 3 and out lmao

#1134 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

I like that, AP just blast his O line to get a few extra yards, AP must run hard.
Posted Image

#1135 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Fuck the Qbs, ship that mvp trophy to AP already.

Dammit only 9 yards

FU Ponder, that first play on that drive could have been 9 yards from ap not some dump off pass sigh oh well good shit Vikings, cant believe they won despite all the ineptitude from the Defense and the coach.

Also wtf are you finger wagging at Raji? You've been fat and useless for the entire year and now your acting like your JJ watt just cause you manage to tackle AP for a loss of 1 yard on a couple of plays LOL

#1136 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Was he under the impression that he broke the record? In that postgame interview, he acted surprised when Pam Oliver told him he was nine yards away.

#1137 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Was he under the impression that he broke the record? In that postgame interview, he acted surprised when Pam Oliver told him was nine yards away.

I wonder that myself, when his team lifted him up after his last run....Im like dont you do that after you broke the record. I blaim it on his team if he thought he broke it, AP can do no wrong after this super human season.
Posted Image

#1138 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Just got back from the Broncos game, they took care of business and got the #1 seed. Whoop!

#1139 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

argh just thinking about that 3 and out in the 1st half when they needed 4 yards for the 1st down on 2nd and 4 he could have had it by now.

LOL Andy Reid gone already, that was fast.

Oh goodness, Redskins blow a timeout on the first possession of the game and then tony lolmo strikes again, this game could be good for all the wrong reasons

Edited by renique46, 31 December 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#1140 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

cowboys stink