Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1141 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

this game is already lol worthy as it is and now we get playclock at 0 for about 2 seconds and nobody notices

#1142 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

If the Redskins lose by 7 or less tonight, the missed delay of game will become a very hot topic.

#1143 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

If the Redskins lose by 7 or less tonight, the missed delay of game will become a very hot topic.

Yep including the hold by the offense line, as Romo was scrambling, you can blatenly see the hold.
Posted Image

#1144 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

This Alfred Morris sure doesn't play like a rookie

#1145 jello44

jello44

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

This Alfred Morris sure doesn't play like a rookie

Shanny has a knack for picking up stud running backs in the 6th round.

#1146 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

That one last diving tackle on the Alfred Morris touchdown run looked like something from NFL Blitz. He really committed to that.

#1147 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Heckert might have stayed if he had used the picks from the Julio Jones trade better. One great player, a reach at QB (and probably the deal breaker), two fringe players, and the last used in a rather uneccesaary trade.

If they had drafted more above average players in the deal besides Phil Taylor (or if Weeden lit up the NFL like Luck did), Heckert might have stayed.

His major picks from his tenure:

Joe Haden - #1 CB
TJ Ward - Starting S
Shawn Lauvao - Starting RG
Phil Taylor - Starting DT
Jabaal Sheard - Starting RE
Greg Little - Starting WR
Buster Skrine - Nickel CB
Jason Pinkston - Starting LG
Trent Richardson - Starting RB
Brandon Weeden - Starting QB
Mitchell Schwartz - Starting RT
Josh Gordon - Starting WR

The Julio Jones trade turned into Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Brandon Weeden, and the last pick went to Minnesota in the Trent Richardson trade, so most of that worked out in their favor. Drafting guys like Billy Winn and John Hughes at DT paid off after the Phil Taylor injury as both guys played very well for rookies being thrust into the starting spotlight from the start and now play valuable relief roles in the DT rotation.

Undrafted rookies was another area of success with guys like LJ Fort, Craig Robertson, and Tashaun Gipson playing big roles on defense throughout the season due to injuries. Free agents like Frostee Rucker and Juqua Parker were successful opposite of Sheard on the defensive line, combining for 10 sacks this year. They had some notable failures at FA with Jayme Mitchell, Usama Young, Brandon Jackson, and Dmitri Patterson.

Off-season Browns talk:
Spoiler

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#1148 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

I can't believe my Redskins won the NFC East! I'm so damn happy right now.

No Cowboys. No Giants.

Only. WASHINGTON. :D

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1149 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

LOLMO strikes again!

good riddance

GJ Skins

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1WccXNarv2I

#1150 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Starting =/= good. Taylor is a good pick, but Marecic only lasted a few years and Little was a reach and a bust. Only the Browns were going to take Weeden in the first round. They could have drafted him in the second or maybe even the third. And he is going to have to be as good as Luck/Wilson/RG3 next year if the Browns are going to have a shot. And while Trent Richardson is a great RB, Cleveland fell for Minnesota's buff and made an uncessary trade. The Browns desperately needed play makers and only got one (perhaps another if Josh Gordon continues to develop). As currently construed, they are a poor man's Minnesota except with an older QB and merely a very good RB.

#1151 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Starting =/= good. Taylor is a good pick, but Marecic only lasted a few years and Little was a reach and a bust. Only the Browns were going to take Weeden in the first round. They could have drafted him in the second or maybe even the third. And he is going to have to be as good as Luck/Wilson/RG3 next year if the Browns are going to have a shot. And while Trent Richardson is a great RB, Cleveland fell for Minnesota's buff and made an uncessary trade. The Browns desperately needed play makers and only got one (perhaps another if Josh Gordon continues to develop). As currently construed, they are a poor man's Minnesota except with an older QB and merely a very good RB.

Marecic's the only bust of that bunch. Greg Little's picked it up big time after a poor start due to the weird chaos at WR, where Shurmur had no clue who to play or focus on for the first half of the season until Josh Gordon broke out and Greg Little followed right after that, so they're the playmakers at WR. Trent Richardon got a ton of catches early on due to that WR chaos, but they stopped that once Gordon and Little became the focus of the passing game.

The Richardson thing at the end of the season was weird because Shurmur gave up on him as a passing option, which seemed to affect Weeden a lot since he didn't have that safe dump option when no obvious targets appeared right away. That lead to a lot of sacks and bad passes when he held the ball for so long.

#1152 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

LOLMO strikes again!

good riddance

GJ Skins

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1WccXNarv2I

I like this video if Philly did something similar we'd lose half our population.
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#1153 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'm gonna try being a texans fan next year...

#1154 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Fuck you Green Bay! The one time in my life I wanted you to win and you crap out.

Please Bears FIRE LOVIE SMITH! He's been there way too long. Should've been fired after the Superbowl when he refused to see how shitty Rex Grossman was.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1155 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Does anyone really believe Romo is a good quarterback?

#1156 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Delusional Cowboys fans.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1157 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

He has good games but has even more shittier games he's an alright QB. He's not as bad as Sanchise though

#1158 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Jerry Jones, so don't expect them to get back to the glory hole days until Romo retires.

#1159 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Not a vikings fan but almost cried when I saw that AP didn't break the rushing record. 9 freaking yards!!!

#1160 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Romo isn't in the Brady or Manning class, but he is still a good QB. Though once Dez Bryant went out the Cowboys chances of winning went to nil.

Not a vikings fan but almost cried when I saw that AP didn't break the rushing record. 9 freaking yards!!!

You're not the only one.

#1161 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Jerry Jones, so don't expect them to get back to the glory hole days until Romo retires.

This might've been the wake up call that he needed to see what many people have been saying for a long time. Then again, Al Davis was clueless until he died so maybe there's no hope for old rich dudes in the NFL.

I know the stats and the numbers show him to be above average by a good degree but the man's inability to produce when it is most vital that he do so is staggering.

I'm happy about it though; my favorite two teams sucked this year so I'm all about seeing history in the form of dominant rookies.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1162 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I forget which one, but one of the ESPN bloggers said, before Kapernick took over, that Romo would be absolutely deadly in San Francisco.

#1163 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

As a redskins fan that lives in packer country (obviously root for both teams since I can't watch 90% of the redskins games) I don't want Lovie Smith to get fired. He's the best thing to happen to the packers in awhile.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1164 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Pink slips! Pink slips for ev'rybody!

Reid, Shurmur, Lovie, Crennel and Bailey all out as head coaches. Tannenbaum is the fall guy for the NYJ front office and Gene Smith out as the Jags GM.

#1165 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Black Monday is here...is Norv gone yet?

#1166 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Black Monday is here...is Norv gone yet?

Yes.

Ken Wisenhunt as well.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1167 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Jason Garrett needs to be fired next.

#1168 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Can't believe the Bears actually did it! It's about time!

EDIT: How the hell wasn't Norv Turner first in line to get canned? Also shocked Peoli wasn't shown the door at the same time as Romeo.

NM, Norv was cannned. Not sure what I was looking at.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1169 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

I'm really curious where Steven Jackson is going to be playing next year... I would love for him to stay a Ram, but I think he deserves a chance to play for a winning team. I'll have no hard feelings regardless of what he decides to do.
Posted Image

#1170 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

http://www.cleveland...94-3f08a81adc4f

The Jimmy Haslam press conference announcing the firings of Shurmur and Heckert, which isn't a surprising move. They're going after a new coach first and GM after that, so it'll be interesting to see who they choose and how long they take to get both done.