Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#91 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

If Belichick is trading up twice, you know he loves these two players. I'm quite pleased.

33126.png

#92 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

Cincinnati takes Kevin Zeitler from Wisconsin.

Edit: Green Bat picks Nick Perry out of USC.

Edit 2: Minnesota traded up to the 29th pick and gave Baltimore their 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick in return. They took Harrison Smith from Notre Dame.

#93 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Big Thanks to Frisky for actively updating draft results all night
Posted Image

#94 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

The latest WTF pick is WR AJ Jenkins from Illinois to San Francisco.

#95 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

Most people said we'd take a WR. Not a crazy high jump, they might have been able to trade down, definitely wouldnt have been there for our 2nd round pick.

#96 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

They could've traded down to get him since Tampa was looking to move up.

Tampa Bay traded up to take Doug Martin from Boise State with the 31st pick.

#97 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

The Giants picked David Wilson from Virginia Tech. That's the end of the first round. The second round begins tomorrow at 7 PM EST.

#98 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'm watching the press conference with Tom Heckert and Pay Shurmur and it sounds like Weeden's going to be the starter unless something happens to him in camp/pre-season.

#99 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

I'm watching the press conference with Tom Heckert and Pay Shurmur and it sounds like Weeden's going to be the starter unless something happens to him in camp/pre-season.

Pathetic!!

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#100 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

Only makes sense because a lack of WRs was the eventual downfall of the Niners. I can only speculate that nothing sensible came about if they thought about shopping the pick around.

#101 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

The good thing about the Browns' next pick is that they'll have their pick of the tackles (Glenn, Martin, Adams) and receivers (Hill, Randle, Jeffery) that are left, though I'm not really sold on any of the receivers at the moment.

#102 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

Supposedly, Trent Baalke had his name written down and sealed in an envelope prior to the draft. This was the guy they wanted all along.

#103 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

Supposedly, Trent Baalke had his name written down and sealed in an envelope prior to the draft. This was the guy they wanted all along.

At least they were committed to reaching. Better that than panicking at the end.

#104 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Browns basically traded 3 bench warmers for a guarentee for Richardson.

If you think about it, its not a horrible trade. Yeah the Vikings are clearly the winner but sometimes you got to do what you have to do.

They were pretty much sure that someone, probably TB, was going to trade to get Richardson ahead of the Browns. I don't hate the trade, I just wonder if it was worth trading picks for him if the Vikes were really going to move their spot. Trent should be a day one starter and a spectacular, explosive back and anything to jump start the offense in Cleveland is fine by me.

Weeden is 29, but he's a hell of a quarterback. If he starts in Cleveland soon, I wouldn't be against it but I -really- wish they'd make their mind up at QB. With McCoy, Wallace, and Thaddeus whatshisname on the roster, none of them jump out as a lock to start. Should be a fun summer.

#105 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Aldon Smith DE was their 1st round pick last year at 7 and a lot of people looked at it as a headscratcher but he turned out to be great pick just based on his rookie season thus far alone.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#106 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

At least they were committed to reaching. Better that than panicking at the end.

:lol: feels good knowing the Niners got the guy they wanted. Now the real judgement comes from what he does on the field.

#107 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

:lol: feels good knowing the Niners got the guy they wanted. Now the real judgement comes from what he does on the field.

Luckily he has a good group of guys this year to learn from. We'll wait until camp to see if he even breaks the top 3 this year.

Posted Image

#108 icp_00_111

icp_00_111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'm not sure what to think of the Bears taking Shea McClellin. I thought we would have taken a OL with the pick instead considering the best guard and second best tackle were still on the board. Hopefully the pick works out alright, I was also kinda hoping we would have taking Chandler Jones if we went DE, just because he has about the same size as peppers after getting a couple of pounds on in the weight room and had a perfect person to try to emulate on the other side, and it doesn't hurt his pedigree is phenomenal.

#109 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Luckily he has a good group of guys this year to learn from. We'll wait until camp to see if he even breaks the top 3 this year.

Anybody that can give Smith a target will be a help. But with Crabtree, Manningham and Moss on the roster, he'll have to tough it out to see any sort of regular season snaps this year.

#110 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

The Rams had Jenkins rated almost as high as Blackmon. Baalke and Harbaugh haven't mis-fired on personnel decisions once yet. They let Manny Lawson, Aubrayo Franklin and Nate Clements walk and their defense only got better. Baalke ran the draft in 2010 and got Navarro Bowman in the 2nd round, he only had a better year last year than Patrick Willis. They took Aldon Smith out of nowhere and he only missed the rookie sack record by a half sack playing half the snaps on the season.

I'm perfectly confident in anything they decide to do until they make big mistakes. They haven't even made a small one yet.

#111 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

The Rams had Jenkins rated almost as high as Blackmon. Baalke and Harbaugh haven't mis-fired on personnel decisions once yet. They let Manny Lawson, Aubrayo Franklin and Nate Clements walk and their defense only got better. Baalke ran the draft in 2010 and got Navarro Bowman in the 2nd round, he only had a better year last year than Patrick Willis. They took Aldon Smith out of nowhere and he only missed the rookie sack record by a half sack playing half the snaps on the season.

I'm perfectly confident in anything they decide to do until they make big mistakes. They haven't even made a small one yet.

That still doesn't mean that most people wouldn't say WTF at that pick. Like I said before, it's good that they're confident enough to make the pick they wanted.

#112 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Biggest regret I ever had was when we let Garcia walk :cry: I have no idea why they had any faith in Tim Rattay. Garcia had a few more good years, he could have been a lot of help getting Alex ready instead of just throwing him to the wolves :cry:
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#113 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Biggest regret I ever had was when we let Garcia walk :cry: I have no idea why they had any faith in Tim Rattay. Garcia had a few more good years, he could have been a lot of help getting Alex ready instead of just throwing him to the wolves :cry:

That's all ancient history. Shouldn't even be in your memory banks.

#114 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Why did the Bucs waste a first rounder on Doug Martin when they already have Blount?

#115 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

He wasn't used much for whatever reason. He's #20 in terms of attempts last season behind Matt Forte, so they could have their eyes on a two-back system.

#116 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

The Rams picked Brian Quick from Appalachian State.

Edit 2: The Colts selected Coby Fleener from Stanford, so Andrew Luck gets to throw to his favorite receiver this season.

Edit 3: Baltimore takes Courtney Upshaw from Alabama.

Edit 4: Denver picks Derek Wolfe from Cincinnati.

Edit 5: Cleveland picked Mitchell Schwartz from Cal.

Edit 6: The Jaguars have selected Andre Branch from Clemson.

Edit 7: The Rams have taken Janoris Jenkins from North Alabama.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 27 April 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#117 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Jets trade up to the 11th pick to take Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech.

#118 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

I'm not a fan of this whole 2nd round green room thing. It's slow enough in the first round, so we don't need these picks to take longer than they should.

#119 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

It wouldn't be the NFL draft if Bill Belichick didn't draft a guy nobody had ever heard of.

33126.png

#120 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Why did the Bucs waste a first rounder on Doug Martin when they already have Blount?

You do realize most teams utilize two-back systems now.