Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1171 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

http://www.cleveland...94-3f08a81adc4f

The Jimmy Haslam press conference announcing the firings of Shurmur and Heckert, which isn't a surprising move. They're going after a new coach first and GM after that, so it'll be interesting to see who they choose and how long they take to get both done.

This report from a week or two ago said Nick Saban has already been interviewing potential assistant coaches he would take to the Browns, and would be announced as the new Browns coach the day after the BCS title game.

#1172 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm really curious where Steven Jackson is going to be playing next year... I would love for him to stay a Ram, but I think he deserves a chance to play for a winning team. I'll have no hard feelings regardless of what he decides to do.

New England would mean another 16-0 Patriots season. Maybe 19-0, considering their schedule.

Denver would mean 15-1 because they'd rest everyone the final week. No Super Bowl because of Peyton's curse.

The Giants perhaps because they need a RB that can stay healthy.

Beyond those 3, there's not really a Playoff Contender out there that doesn't have a RB.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1173 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Ken Wisenhunt as well.

I really like Ken Wisenhunt as a person-- he seems genuine, and gives a good interview for the weekly local show they have about the Cardinals. But it's clear there's been something wrong with the Cardinals for a while, so I'm happy they're trying to fix the issue.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1174 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

As a redskins fan that lives in packer country (obviously root for both teams since I can't watch 90% of the redskins games) I don't want Lovie Smith to get fired. He's the best thing to happen to the packers in awhile.

As a Giants fan, I felt the same way about Andy Reid. I'm going to miss that guy.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1175 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Raiders fire four assistant coaches

Offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, offensive line coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.

#1176 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

New England would mean another 16-0 Patriots season. Maybe 19-0, considering their schedule.

Denver would mean 15-1 because they'd rest everyone the final week. No Super Bowl because of Peyton's curse.

Beyond those 3, there's not really a Playoff Contender out there that doesn't have a RB.

If you need a RB that can stay healthy SJAX is not the answer. He pulls a hammy running untouched into the endzone! He's a beast but you can expect to get 1/2 to 2/3 of a season out of him tops.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1177 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

But it's clear there's been something wrong with the Cardinals for a while, so I'm happy they're trying to fix the issue.

This one article once said "The Cardinals QB is a stationary catapult made of damp balsa wood held together with string and duct tape.It's really quite sad."

If Kolb had stayed healthy all year, they would have been fighting for a wild card.

#1178 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

This report from a week or two ago said Nick Saban has already been interviewing potential assistant coaches he would take to the Browns, and would be announced as the new Browns coach the day after the BCS title game.

I find that extremely hard to believe. He's also a defensive-minded coach when they need one that will push the offense to new levels.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1179 jello44

jello44

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Can't believe the Bears actually did it! It's about time!

EDIT: How the hell wasn't Norv Turner first in line to get canned? Also shocked Peoli wasn't shown the door at the same time as Romeo.

NM, Norv was cannned. Not sure what I was looking at.

Hah, well, he kinda was canned before this all started. Rumors were swirling weeks ago he would be fired at the end of the season.

I'm severely disappointed he was fired though.

#1180 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Also shocked Peoli wasn't shown the door at the same time as Romeo.

According to some tweets by people at a sports radio show who interviewed Clark Hunt, Pioli hasnt been brought up yet because he wants to find a head coach first that he feels would be best for the Chiefs in the long run. But I guess Pioli has let him down tremendously and he is making some changes that will put the new head coach on equal ground with the GM and the HC will report to Hunt directly, possibly to pursuade Pioli to leave.

Hunt says by February, he is hoping to have the GM figured out completely.

#1181 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

I think the Pats are fine with Ridley he hit 1200 yards and is a lot cheaper.
Posted Image

#1182 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

I don't understand firing Lovie Smith after going 10-6.

#1183 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Sucks that he got cut with a record that would have been admirable in any other division but failing to get into the playoffs 5 of the past 6 years is a glaring black mark for him. Also the offense hasn't really clicked under him so it's sort of understandable that the owner would want a change of coach. However, to reiterate, really sucks to get fired after a good regular season.

#1184 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

I bet 10-6 gets you to the playoffs 85% of the time.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1185 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

How quickly we forget...the Bears started out 7-1 in the first half of the season. A 3-5 second half and choking away a playoff berth is what most will remember. Can't blame the Bears front office for being upset about that.

#1186 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

The Chargers fired Marty Schottenheimer after going 14-2, so it's not unprecedented.

#1187 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Sucks that he got cut with a record that would have been admirable in any other division but failing to get into the playoffs 5 of the past 6 years is a glaring black mark for him. Also the offense hasn't really clicked under him so it's sort of understandable that the owner would want a change of coach. However, to reiterate, really sucks to get fired after a good regular season.

Very true. If anyone had said the most hotly contested division this year would be NFC North they would have been laughed at. What's particularly amusing is that every analyst picked it almost completely different (aside from Packers winning it) with the Vikings being picked to be dead last.

How quickly we forget...the Bears started out 7-1 in the first half of the season. A 3-5 second half and choking away a playoff berth is what most will remember. Can't blame the Bears front office for being upset about that.

Yeah, but on the other hand, its not like they saw a resurgence of the Vikings coming either. If it hadn't been for the Vikings, the Bears would have made the playoffs.

#1188 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Yeah, but on the other hand, its not like they saw a resurgence of the Vikings coming either. If it hadn't been for the Vikings, the Bears would have made the playoffs.

That seems like sound logic. If it hadn't been for other good teams that they had to play, they would have made the playoffs. Lol...ok.

#1189 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

The Chargers fired Marty Schottenheimer after going 14-2, so it's not unprecedented.

And the Redskins fired him after going 8-8. Both were terrible mistakes, in my opinion.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1190 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

The event the led to them bringing in Norv Turner, fresh off two straight sub-.500 seasons with the Raiders. Fucking asinine.

#1191 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I think the Pats are fine with Ridley he hit 1200 yards and is a lot cheaper.

No shit, anyone thinking the Pats need to upgrade at RB, have you watched Ridley this season?

As for Lovie Smith, it's probably time for a change. They crashed and burned last year as well although that was all about Cutler/Forte getting hurt.

#1192 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

No shit, anyone thinking the Pats need to upgrade at RB, have you watched Ridley this season?

Yeah, they are all set. They also have Vereen and Woodhead whose skills compliment Ridley. They've developed one of the better running games in the league, certainly top 10. Upgrading there would be a total waste of resources.

All the Pats need to be concerned with is resigning Welker or otherwise replacing his production and then continuing to work on the secondary (keeping Talib would be a huge boost there).

#1193 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Don't leave out Brandon Bolden. He could be a really good back for a lot of teams that would give him more carries than the Pats do.

#1194 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Lovie being fired opens the door for Gruden to Chicago. ;)

#1195 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Bills owner Ron Wilson ceded control of the team to Russ Brandon.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1196 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Gruden and Cower top my wish list. Seems like everyone is hot and heavy for McCoy from Denver's staff. Seems just about every team is talking to him or setting up an interview (except for AZ who seem to have their heart set on the Walrus...)
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1197 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

I would support any course of action which takes Gruden off of commentary for games...

#1198 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Bills owner Ron Wilson ceded control of the team to Russ Brandon.

Ralph Wilson.

#1199 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

I would support any course of action which takes Gruden off of commentary for games...

Seconded. Especially if Jaws comes back.

#1200 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Ralph Wilson.

Eh...I don't really care enough about the Bills to correct that.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image