Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1621 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

I don't even fucking care if we extended his contract this season, Matt Schaub has got to go. He will NOT lead the Texans anywhere and he's one of the least mobile QBs in the game today. Is it sad that I want TJ Yates to start next season?

I'm sure Eagles wouldn't mind trading you Vick for Schaub in a heartbeat.
Posted Image

#1622 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

I'm sure Eagles wouldn't mind trading you Vick for Schaub in a heartbeat.

Vick's accuracy is god awful, no thank you. Not to mention Yates has actually won a playoff game more recently than Vick. Fuck, I'd even be willing to see Case Keenum out there even if it's strictly for Houston fan appeal. No team in the NFL respects Matt Schaub and if the pocket collapses, he's useless. Even when he manages to break out of a collapsing pocket, he still just throws the ball away, like he did multiple times this game.

#1623 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

I am pretty sure the Eagles wouldn't take that trade. Seems like they will stick with Foles. Why would they trade for Shaub? Makes no sense.

#1624 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image

33126.png

#1625 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

^ LOL. I saw that live and was laughing my ass off....

#1626 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Anyone want to place bets on which Patriots player Bernard Pollard injures next week?

Edelman's on IR, right? Then it'll be one of the running backs.

Also, the Ravens like the Pats as much as they do the Steelers, which is why those tweets were made.

#1627 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Posted Image

Priceless, Foster is just shaking his head :D
Posted Image

#1628 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Brandon Spikes looks to have a dancing career after his NFL career ends.

New sig coming soon.

#1629 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Also, the Ravens like the Pats as much as they do the Steelers, which is why those tweets were made.

Right, I know how inferiority complexes work. ;)

33126.png

#1630 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

SO HYPE!. Bring on them dirty birds!!!

My prediction at the beginning of the season was a Jim and John Harbaugh-Bowl. 2 wins away!. So i'll be rooting for Ravens.

WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOBODY!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#1631 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

There is no 1A and 1B when it comes to QBs Brady is #1 by himself. Manning just doesn't do it in the playoffs. Proving that he is the modern day Marino. He was lucky to meet an overmatched Bears team in the Super Bowl and got his title.

No he was lucky the Bears QB was Rex Grossman. If Orton starts that game & Hester still returns the opening kick for TD, Bears win.

#1632 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Posted Image

I hate the Pats, but that's hilarious. Love Foster's reaction.

#1633 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

wild card: 3-1
division picks: 3-1

My friend and I played the division round playoff games earlier last week in Madden and the outcomes where hella close to the real games.

* Ravens at Broncos: he won with the Ravens in overtime.
* Packers at Niners: it was a close game until the second half when I won big with the Niners.
* Seattle at Falcons: I won with the Falcons with hail mary as time ran out.
* Texans at Patriots: I smashed him with the Patriots. Turned the game off at halftime.

#1634 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I hate the Pats, but that's hilarious. Love Foster's reaction.

LOL same here. Yeah I saw that live and was like WTF is he doing?

I think the announcers said something like he should stop celebrating the turnover and help in the pile.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#1635 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Late to the party but I'm really glad that Seattle's attempt to ice the kicker led to them losing. It seems like it will go one of two ways.

a. Kicker makes the kick, now has the confidence to do the same motion again and make the kick again.

b. Kicker misses the kick, now knows what adjustments to make to make the kick on his second attempt.

I realize that the pressure was very, very high at the end of that game but these guys are professionals. They train to do basically one thing in life, kick footballs. Why would you give them two chances?

TL;DR - If you ice the kicker, I hate you and hope that you lose.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1636 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

The whole point of icing the kicker though is to do it before he gets the kick off, just in case you can make him over think a little bit. I've always hated teams that do it without enough time to stop him from kicking the first time, that's stupid for the reasons you list.

#1637 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Kickers expect it now, so it seems to me like you would get in their heads more by not calling it and leaving them wondering whether you will.

#1638 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Alright - who ya got this weekend?

(2) Pats over (4) Ravens
(2) 49ers over (1) Falcons

These teams blow.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1639 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

I realize that the pressure was very, very high at the end of that game but these guys are professionals. They train to do basically one thing in life, kick footballs. Why would you give them two chances?

Grantland had looked at this mutiple times and believe that coaches do it because it is a low risk move. They know it rarely works, but the first kick being a miss happens almost as often, so they basically figure "Why not?"

#1640 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Alright - who ya got this weekend?

(2) Pats over (4) Ravens
(2) 49ers over (1) Falcons

These teams blow.

Same here. Hoping for Ravens and 49ers wins.

#1641 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Ravens and 49ers. I think the Ravens know how to play the Patriots. The 49ers are my team so there's that and the fact that Atlanta's DBs can't tackle.

#1642 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I think everyone outside of NE is sick of the Pats

Ravens win
49ers win

#1643 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Ravens win
49ers win

It'll be nice to be at the bar and having people cheer with me for the Ravens. Well not so much cheer for the Ravens as much as it is cheering against Tom Brady. The amount of hate he riles up in Indianapolis is hilarious. I'm really hoping for a Harbaugh Bowl. I just wish it wouldve happened last year.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1644 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ravens win
49ers win

I'm indifferent to the Patriots. I used to really hate them but there's turning out to be much more despicable teams out there these days. The Saints, for one.

Also, even though I don't even like the guy, Belichick is a damn amazing coach and certainly one of the biggest keys to their success.

If you're gonna cheer for the 49ers though; they're really just the 90s version of the Patriots. Despite their strong season the only real "underdogs" left in the playoffs are the Falcons.

#1645 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

As a 49er fan, the fact everyone sees that game as a cakewalk scares the shit out of me. This is the NFL and usually that means they will lose since everyone is all over them.

#1646 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm indifferent to the Patriots. I used to really hate them but there's turning out to be much more despicable teams out there these days. The Saints, for one.

Also, even though I don't even like the guy, Belichick is a damn amazing coach and certainly one of the biggest keys to their success.

I don't know... I'm so sick of the Patriots which is I'm sure how every baseball fan feels about the Yankees... I get it now. I do respect what they have been able to accomplish over such a long period of time (even though I still feel like they are handed the division every single year due to total incompetence of the other 3 teams).

Brady is the only player from the 2001 team still left and I think maybe Wilfork and one or 2 other guys are all that's left from 2004. So they have been able to field an extremely competitive team for over a decade in a league where you are lucky to get 2 or 3 "peak" years from any given team. Belichick is a guy who always seems to be one or two steps ahead of the rest of the league. Watch, in 2015 when every single team is starting 2 gigantic TEs the Pats will be killing you in some other way. Since I'm not a fan I'm probably just bored at this point.

I really dislike the Ravens though - both Harbaugh brothers seems like they are gigantic assholes in real life and they still employ a dude who probably stabbed and killed 2 people and everyone seems to be giving him a lifetime pass because he found Jesus or something. I also think I hate them from when they beat the Giants in 2000. I like Ray Rice and Torrey Smith though - they are beastly.

#1647 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'm indifferent against the Patriots. I know when to root for them (against teams like the Texans, being a Cowboy fan and all) and against them (against Baltimore, because Ray Lewis is my dude and one of the best linebackers of all time). And for that reason I think Baltimore will win, and I will pick another "upset" with the Falcons over the 49ers. Matty Black Ice will have a huge game. As will Julio Jones.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1648 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

No he was lucky the Bears QB was Rex Grossman. If Orton starts that game & Hester still returns the opening kick for TD, Bears win.

I thought I was the only person in the world wondering why they yanked Orton that season after he got the job done the rest of the year.

Cheers to you good sir.
Posted Image

#1649 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Brady is the only player from the 2001 team still left and I think maybe Wilfork and one or 2 other guys are all that's left from 2004.

2004 was Wilfork's rookie season. Still my favorite Patriots draft pick ever (at the time) since it was amazing he slipped all the way to 21st. Deion Branch is the only other current Patriot who was there in 2004, in fact he was the MVP of the game. He left and came back of course, but he was also on the 2003 squad. There are only a few guys from that team who are still in the league period (Ben Watson, Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Dan Koppen, Asante Samuel and of course Vinatieri are the only ones I'm aware of) which goes to show how long ago it was in football terms.

33126.png

#1650 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Wilfork was a nice pick but I think you'd be happier with Brady in the millionth round with the billionth pick. That one worked out.