Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1981 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

3 days later and I still hate Bernard Pollard, Ravens will extend his contract just because he is one player that causes Mayhem (latterly every game) to the Patriots, no matter the year or situation.

Flacco is an avg quarterback no doubt, he is in the same beer league as Tony Romo. They both have shinning moments where analyze will get a hard on "OMGZ did you seez dat, I think he is an elite QB" one week, but then a week later shit all over Romo because he is in fact a avg to below avg QB.

If Romo had Flaccos running game he wouldnt get near the hate he does. Also Romo is not an average QB. He is just prone to having a bad game. He needs a running game and a better playcaller to truly shine.

#1982 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hi John Fox

oh I am sure John Fox definitely cares about Flacco's play. Nice try though, One game doesn't make a career. Geez you probably think Dilfer should be in the HOF too.

#1983 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

oh I am sure John Fox definitely cares about Flacco's play. Nice try though, One game doesn't make a career. Geez you probably think Dilfer should be in the HOF too.

Dilfer didn't lead the Ravens to their SB win. The Ravens wouldn't be in New Orleans if not for Flacco. Yes, the running game has helped, but the Ravens passing game has done 80% of the damage. His postseason so far has factually been one of the best any QB has ever had. If he somehow manages to throw 4 TDs without an INT, it WILL be the best.

Ravens should have sacked Cam Cameron 2 years ago. Team would have won the Super Bowl last year.

#1984 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

LMAO seriously NFL is investigating the slide by Tom Brady, when he made slight contact with Ed Reed. Brady has since called and appologize to Reed, but we all know Brady is top 3 in the most uncoordinated players in the NFL. Pollard (Yea that saint of a player) says Brady knew exactly what he was trying to do when he tried to clip Reed.

NFL, no clue why your wasting time on such a none factor play where nothing even happened........dont you guys got a Pro Bowl to worry about.....The world is watching lol
Posted Image

#1985 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I honestly wouldn't think anything of the play personally, except for that extra leg kick/extending motion when he makes contact with Reed. Other players have been fined for similar plays during the year, I don't see why Brady shouldn't.
Spoiler

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1986 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Wasn't the Bronco's one of the leading defenses in the league while the Ravens sat in the middle of the field this year in defense ranking?

Way to read :roll:, Ravens had key defensive players out all year, while Denver was off playing the raiders and the chiefs twice.

Manning and the Broncos put up 35 on the Ravens, that doesn't make the defense look very good..

Wow an elite QB put up lots of points dispite playing a good defense, unheard of.
I guess The 49's must have a bad defense also bad because Rodgers and Brady put up points against them.

Flacco pretty much made the big play of that game with that last series with a minute left in the 4th quarter not the D.

You mean that lob up into the air to wide open recier, after the defense managed to get the ball back after only losing about 1:30 in time on the clock.

You know what though, he has to face the 49ers defense which will probably be a lot more scarier than facing Baltimore's D.

I agree.

LOL...WTF??? Did you just suggest that the Texans and Bears don't have good defenses? Are you serious?

No just that they rather have some of Baltimores defensive talent, rather than a QB that is probably no better than the ones that the currently have.

The Ravens defense doesn't make Flacco complete 60% of his passes and throw 3 TDs with 0 INTs.

No he made some good plays on defenses known for giving up big plays. He also threw at least 3 ball straight in to the hands of the defenders with the game on the line and was saved by their inability to hold on or stay in bounds.

Sure, they're not numbers that blow you away. But he didn't make the mistakes that Peyton or Brady did either.

And Peyton and Brady where both up against a much better defense.

He's a solid QB and he makes the plays when he needs to. In today's NFL, that's good enough.

Which is my point, he is not elite, nor do the Ravens need him to be elite to win.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#1987 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Way to read :roll:, Ravens had key defensive players out all year, while Denver was off playing the raiders and the chiefs twice.

Webb is the only guy who was out all year. Suggs, Lewis, and Ngata were only about 70% healthy, but the rest of the Ravens players that had good years last year sucked this year, specifically the DL. They have been unable to destroy an offensive line with relative consistency all year. I will admit that Danell Ellerbe and Corey Graham have stepped up huge. Especially glad for Ellerbe since Baltimore wanted him gone last year.

Wow an elite QB put up lots of points dispite playing a good defense, unheard of.
I guess The 49's must have a bad defense also bad because Rodgers and Brady put up points against them.

To be fair, Manning only put 21 points on the Ravens D. The other 14 points were on the normally-awesome special teams.

You mean that lob up into the air to wide open recier, after the defense managed to get the ball back after only losing about 1:30 in time on the clock.

And who else would be able to throw it like that?

No just that they rather have some of Baltimores defensive talent, rather than a QB that is probably no better than the ones that the currently have.

That is like saying the Saints want to trade for Kapernick because of the bad year. Nobody is going to trade for someone when they have the position filled. I highly doubt Denver would be willing to trade Dumervil or Miller for Suggs/Kruger or Bailey/Moore for Graham/Reed.

No he made some good plays on defenses known for giving up big plays. He also threw at least 3 ball straight in to the hands of the defenders with the game on the line and was saved by their inability to hold on or stay in bounds.

And? I have seen Manning, Brady, and Rodgers do that all the time. And Brees did that all year this year.

Which is my point, he is not elite, nor do the Ravens need him to be elite to win.

And how exactly DO they win then? The 49ers greatest strength on offense (their rushing) is the Ravens greatest weakness (their crappy run defense). The Ravens run game is a shell of its former self. Pierce has been great, but Rice has been a horrible runner this year and works best off of screen passes. The only the Ravens win without Flacco leading the way is if every ball bounced their way.

#1988 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Come now, people. Flacco was SitLite but he is rapidly approaching PreLite

What the Fuck is that shit? That article is so dumb.

I honestly wouldn't think anything of the play personally, except for that extra leg kick/extending motion when he makes contact with Reed. Other players have been fined for similar plays during the year, I don't see why Brady shouldn't.

Spoiler

Agreed. It should at least be looked at by the league.

#1989 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Spoiler

I agree with a fine, I mean Reed and Brady talked so it was water under the bridge, then His ravens teammate Pollard comes out and talks how Brady meant to do it, and it was a malisous act upon Reed. It had nothing to do with the Pollard, but he tries to put his two sense into everything.
Posted Image

#1990 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Anyhow I see Payton is playing in the Pro Bowl, anywhere I can the lineup, trying to see if Brady or any other Patriots are playing in the game.

Nevermind found the pro bowl roster for Patriots.

-Brady (injured)
-Gronk (injured)
-Mankins (injured)
-Wilfork (injured)
-Welker (injured)
-Jarod Mayo (only Patriot who will play)

lol Belichick be killing it on these injury reports, not surprising since he put Brady as questionable(questionable) on injury reports every game for the pass 4 years.
Posted Image

#1991 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yes because that's totally what i said rotf stfu bro and hold that loss and stop being butthurt that Manning once again choked in the playoffs. Something that somehow only Denver fans were shocked to see happen.

#1992 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I agree with a fine, I mean Reed and Brady talked so it was water under the bridge, then His ravens teammate Pollard comes out and talks how Brady meant to do it, and it was a malisous act upon Reed. It had nothing to do with the Pollard, but he tries to put his two sense into everything.

You say that like Pollard posted it on Twitter or something. He said it on his radio show here in Baltimore when asked about this play.

#1993 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Twitter, facebook, radio, whats the difference?
Posted Image

#1994 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Twitter, facebook, radio, whats the difference?

Because he didn't do it unprompted. Somebody asked him and he gave his honest answer on his own radio show. Would you be happier if he lied and gave a PC answer? Or are you one those people who believe all athletes should be mute?

#1995 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Nothing wrong with Pollard's comment on something that happened to a teammate. Poor's just mad that Ridley tried to run Pollard over and got knocked out instead.

#1996 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

You do know that John Fox went to a Super Bowl and NFC Championship game with Jake Delhomme as his QB, right? Just because ESPN doesn't constantly state that someone is elite doesn't mean that they can't be a solid/great QB. A lot of good QBs have won Super Bowls.

The Ravens did to him what he did to the Bears in 06.

Posted Image

#1997 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Nothing wrong with Pollard's comment on something that happened to a teammate. Poor's just mad that Ridley tried to run Pollard over and got knocked out instead.

Your right :lol:
Posted Image

#1998 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

If you're talking top 4 QBs, you should probably nix Brees in favor of Rapelisberger since he's actually won a couple important games.
Posted Image

#1999 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

If we did that then we would have to take out Rodgers for Eli. Then we would have to rename the list "most super bowl wins by a current QB" and also take out Peyton.

#2000 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Brady got fined $10,000 for his kick, which is $500 less than Frank Gore was fined for wearing his socks too low in the NFC title game.

#2001 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

The NFL really set themselves up to be mocked hard with this one. Gore getting an arbitrary $500 more for a uniform violation just drives it home.

#2002 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Not really. Everyone knows the NFL has uniform rules, and if they're broken, players are subject to fines. It comes down to "safety regulations" and marketing. They don't really mention the last one, but that's the real reason since every piece of the uniform is branded, and companies like to see their logo on uniforms presented proudly. If Nike can't say 'our socks were worn by NFC Champion Frank Gore to score the game-winning TD, you should buy these socks because of that' they get pissed and tell the NFL about it.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2003 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Still something intrinsically wrong in "We'll fine this guy for doing something unsafe, but we'll fine this other guy more for not flashing a logo on his socks.

#2004 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Brady got fined $10,000 for his kick, which is $500 less than Frank Gore was fined for wearing his socks too low in the NFC title game.

When I saw this on ESPN I started laughing - Golden Boy indeed.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2005 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

If we did that then we would have to take out Rodgers for Eli. Then we would have to rename the list "most super bowl wins by a current QB" and also take out Peyton.

Not necessarrily.. my point being that Brees will panic and throw stupid interceptions where Ben will stand in the pocket and let a defender bounce off his gut before taking off in similar situations. Keep stats all you want, I'd take Ben over Drew any day.

And I hate saying that as a Browns fans considering he's shoved down our throats in this area as if we're sorority girls.
Posted Image

#2006 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'd go Brees over Burger. Speaking of fat boys we need another big running back like the Bus in the NFL.

#2007 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'd go Brees over Burger. Speaking of fat boys we need another big running back like the Bus in the NFL.

I was thinking today about the last Super Bowl the 49ers were in, and it made me think of Natrone Means.

#2008 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hey, Trent Williams, you just got selected to your first Pro Bowl! What are going to do now?

"I'm going to fly to Hawaii, get in a club brawl, get cracked over the head with a bottle, and miss the game!"

#2009 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I can't believe we have another week of Super Bowl coverage to go. Is anyone outside of 49ers fans going to be rooting for them?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2010 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I don't really have an interest in either team. I'm hoping for a good game. I'd like to see Ed Reed or Randy Moss get a ring finally.