Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#2191 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

I'm a little more conservative in my estimates about HoFers I guess because I would only put Brady and (Peyton) Manning in the "shoe-in" category at this point. The rest that everyone's mentioned certainly have the potential but they're definitely not there yet.

#2192 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

You don't think Brees is already in?

#2193 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

yeah I say Brady Peyton and Brees are shoe-ins at this point. Rodgers will be if he keeps decent production.

#2194 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Wtf Flacco over Jacoby for mvp? Hell half of his WRS made good catches and made something out of nothing from some really garbage throws

Would have gone with Anquan Boldin myself. 6 catches for 100+ yards and that clutch catch was 100% him being a stud.

Disappointed SF couldn't complete the comeback, but I am finally optimistic that they've returned to being legitimate championship contenders after a few years of nothing special. Kapernick is still green and it showed tonight, but Harbaugh was a miracle worker with Alex Smith, who showed massive improvement (right up to the injury) once Harbaugh took the helm. No doubt that he can do the same for Kap.
Posted Image

#2195 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Belichick might be one of the best coaches to ever coach in the NFL but he really is just kind of a jerk. Plenty of coaches will do the duty and get interviewed after a big loss but nope, not Belichick. We already saw Mike Smith go out and give the interview after his loss, but apparently Belichick can't be bothered.

Yup like Shannon said your not gonna win every fucking year so act like you have some class ffs

Jim Harbaugh bailed on his postgame interview. Your move.

#2196 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Then he should own up to it, but nice and at the same time pathetic of you to have those quotes on speed dial just in case Jim did the same even though this is like Jims first time compared to what Belichic's 29 times?

#2197 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Would have gone with Anquan Boldin myself. 6 catches for 100+ yards and that clutch catch was 100% him being a stud.

Disappointed SF couldn't complete the comeback, but I am finally optimistic that they've returned to being legitimate championship contenders after a few years of nothing special. Kapernick is still green and it showed tonight, but Harbaugh was a miracle worker with Alex Smith, who showed massive improvement (right up to the injury) once Harbaugh took the helm. No doubt that he can do the same for Kap.

Jacoby Jones had 2 touchdowns, the first touchdown and that 108 yard kickoff return. Pretty impressive performance. I can't disagree with Flacco for MVP though, since he orchestrated those drives when the Ravens needed them the most.

If you had to give the MVP award to anything, it would've been given to the Power Outage, since that made it a game.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2198 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

Jim bailed on the Championship Game interview too.

Also, has anyone ever heard of Redd's Apple Ale before tonight?

#2199 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Then he should own up to it, but nice and at the same time pathetic of you to have those quotes on speed dial just in case Jim did the same even though this is like Jims first time compared to what Belichic's 29 times?

I just wanted to see if your self righteousness paled at all in the face of Ray Lewis's. Looks like it hasn't.

#2200 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

why do you guys even bother with renique's posts? Just put him on ignore already. Has he ever contributed anything to a sports thread, ever?

That turned out to be a hell of a game and I thought it was going to be a laugher after the ko return. Flacco for MVP was the safe call. I'd like to have seen Boldin win it. He's been so big in clutch situations.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2201 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hey guys with Ravens winning, guess what we get for the next 9 months like we did with Eli when he won a ring,

We get "is Joe Flacco Elite" until next season, hell no he ain't.

He is getting paid like he is though. That is for sure.

#2202 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Jim bailed on the Championship Game interview too.

Also, has anyone ever heard of Redd's Apple Ale before tonight?

Nope, but I really want to try it now. I bet they see a huge upswing in sales, at least for a short while.

#2203 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

why do you guys even bother with renique's posts? Just put him on ignore already. Has he ever contributed anything to a sports thread, ever?

That turned out to be a hell of a game and I thought it was going to be a laugher after the ko return. Flacco for MVP was the safe call. I'd like to have seen Boldin win it. He's been so big in clutch situations.

No shit. He cries about the refs in the NFL thread, he cries about the refs in the NBA thread, and he cries about the umpires in the MLB thread. He's obviously lacking in sports knowledge, among a lot of other things. Whatever team loses, he puts LOL in front of their name, like it's the most clever thing in the universe. I honestly hope no one takes him seriously.

#2204 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Says the guy with the classy Ray Lewis is off stabbing people in power outage jokes, if that was true its just too bad it wasnt you as much as your keep bringing it up.

#2205 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

Nope, but I really want to try it now. I bet they see a huge upswing in sales, at least for a short while.

I actually saw it at the grocery store for the first time tonight and passed on it :lol:

Funny to see the commercial for it.

Great game tonight. Glad they didn't focus so much on Ray Ray afterwards. He played a horrid game tonight. He has definitely lost a stab.

Edit: Wow! Best autocorrect ever! :lol: I slam want step and my iPhone switched it to stab!

#2206 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

No shit. He cries about the refs in the NFL thread, he cries about the refs in the NBA thread, and he cries about the umpires in the MLB thread. He's obviously lacking in sports knowledge, among a lot of other things. Whatever team loses, he puts LOL in front of their name, like it's the most clever thing in the universe. I honestly hope no one takes him seriously.

He also thinks calling teams by their "funny" nickname is super clever too. The SF Whiners! Get it? Get it?

I still have no idea what team he roots for or if just roots against everyone. I finally had to put him on ignore but people keep responding to him like it's worth their time.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2207 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Turned out to be a pretty good game, that power outage was a pain in the ass though. I'm fine with the no-call on the 49ers 4th down play. The problem with situations like this is that if they had called the hold and the 49ers ended up winning, that would be one of the most defining plays of the game anyway, the only diference being that it would be Ravens fans bitching that the refs "bailed them out". It's a lose-lose either way, so I'm glad the refs kept the flags in their pockets.

Commercials were OK, nothing great. I really liked the Montana stain commercial and the Leon Sandcastle one. I'm probably in the minority on this, but the GoDaddy Bar Rafieli commercial was my absolute favorite.

Flacco as MVP was a cop out, just like it almost always in when they give the QB the MVP award. Personally I'd have given it to Jones before Flacco, and would have even considered Boldin before Flacco as well.

The halftime show was really bad.

Edited by tylerh1701, 04 February 2013 - 05:59 AM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2208 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

I almost gave up at the game at Halftime. Let the kids watch a show after Beyonce's performance (featuring Kelly Roland, and that other girl). Came back to the blackout and an exciting game.

Flacco did a good job for a guy I had zero opinion of before. He's definately not in the Manning/Brady tier but he's up there. Kapernick did seem really nervous and shaky at first but came around somewhat after the blackout. 49ers had several missed chances especially during those last few downs when they were within scoring range.

Giving the 49ers the safety was a clever move too.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#2209 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

the officiating being uneven was what bothered me. if they called the niners on PI then they should have called the ravens on the PI because it looked like the same amount of contact to me. the last one wasn't the worst because there were more blatent non calls on the Ravens that should have gotten some PI's. ugh this is frustrating. weird. i can't quite put it into words but i'm more mad after this game but last year i was more sad.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#2210 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

I can't say much about the call, as a 49er fan I'm disappointed and if the call would have gone the other way it may have been a game changer. I will still give it to the Ravens, they had an awesome first half and the 49ers let too many plays go, especially a 108 yard return. >_< There is always next year, go niners!

#2211 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

I think it was a good non-call. Referees are taught not to call offsetting penalties on players in direct conflict with one another, which was what happened. The Ravens guy was holding his jersey while Crabtree pushed off. Not to mention that the ball was completely overthrown and wouldn't have even been catchable under perfect conditions.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2212 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

lol Terrell Suggs sounding stupid as hell in the press conference saying that nobody had them beating Denver, Texans, Patriots.

#2213 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Turned out to be a pretty good game, that power outage was a pain in the ass though. I'm fine with the no-call on the 49ers 4th down play. The problem with situations like this is that if they had called the hold and the 49ers ended up winning, that would be one of the most defining plays of the game anyway, the only diference being that it would be Ravens fans bitching that the refs "bailed them out". It's a lose-lose either way, so I'm glad the refs kept the flags in their pockets.

Commercials were OK, nothing great. I really liked the Montana stain commercial and the Leon Sandcastle one. I'm probably in the minority on this, but the GoDaddy Bar Rafieli commercial was my absolute favorite.

Flacco as MVP was a cop out, just like it almost always in when they give the QB the MVP award. Personally I'd have given it to Jones before Flacco, and would have even considered Boldin before Flacco as well.

The halftime show was really bad.

Yeah I think a no call was the right move as well, enough other contact plays hadnt been called that it was clear the refs were keeping the flags in their pockets and I'm okay with that. Crabtree was definitely pushing off on the Ravens corner anyway. I agree Jones would have been my vote for MVP, that return was huge and actually ended up being the difference in the game.

I thought the commercials were pretty bad this year, hardly any of them made me laugh. The Doritos goat was funny I guess?

#2214 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think it was a good non-call. Referees are taught not to call offsetting penalties on players in direct conflict with one another, which was what happened. The Ravens guy was holding his jersey while Crabtree pushed off. Not to mention that the ball was completely overthrown and wouldn't have even been catchable under perfect conditions.

And not to mention that the Ravens brought the house on the play and at least 2 49ers O-line should've been called for holding. Saying that, at that point you just gotta let them play.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2215 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Wish the halftime show would have been better.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#2216 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

As a Niner's fan, that was clearly a hold but it is what it is. If it went the other way it's just as bad as far as impact in the game. Especially considering how haphazard that play was? I'm not surprised to not see the flag even though it's a definite by the rule hold.

The 49ers defense hasn't been good since Justin Smith got hurt, I put this game at the feet of the D, they just weren't any good until it was too late, and even then they didn't make all the plays they needed to.

If I were the NFC though I'd be pretty nervous about next year, I only see them getting hungrier and after the compensation picks are given they have something like 14 draft picks lol

#2217 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

You don't think Brees is already in?

Nah, not yet. Brady and Manning have both been performing at the top for about a decade now. Brees has about 4-5 years of being at the top so I'd say he's close but not yet on their level. Same thing goes for Rodgers, but even less time at the top for him.

#2218 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

The toughest obstacle that the HOF has moving forward is figuring out how to weed out potential HOF quarterbacks.

Based on stats a dozen or so NFL quarterbacks that played or are currently playing the past few years are going to have a case to be elected and that number is only going to grow now that the NFL is a pass happy league and defenses have their hands tied with the "hands off the quarterback" rules and the "protect the receiver" rules.

#2219 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

^So much this. I'm not so concerned about the HoF, but passing stats are really being inflated thanks to all the new rules. I don't necessarily agree with Bernard Pollard that the NFL will be gone in 30 years, but you'd have to be blind if you aren't seeing that the game is already changing.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2220 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

it's only a good non-call if you think suddenly the rules should be thrown out in the last 2 minutes. Why not allow everything then?