Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#2251 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Ahh typical keyboard warrior talk that wouldn't dare be said in person, always amusing:applause:

in other news, you knew it was coming

There was some guy at the bar I was watching the game at who made a joke like that. To be fair though, if some smartass sound guy would've played the opening to his theme during that the stadium would've went nuts. Assuming that was one of the sections that still had power for some reason. I would've laughed.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2252 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Well let's race bait in the NFL thread.... bravo.

I was trying to bring some humor in here amongst all the "blackout" "momentum" and "Ray Lewis" banter.

Thank you for ending it one post later.

BS, you can claim it was to resolve banter all you want but when that is at the expense of bigotry toward homosexuals it becomes offensive. That's like bombing a building on fire and going "well at least the building's not on fire anymore.”

#2253 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

BS, you can claim it was to resolve banter all you want but when that is at the expense of bigotry toward homosexuals it becomes offensive. That's like bombing a building on fire and going "well at least the building's not on fire anymore.”

But he put "Not that there's anything wrong with that"! As long as you put that, you can say anything about homosexuality, right?!

#2254 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

The audio of Flacco telling his teammates on the sidelines to tackle Ginn if he broke loose on the punt return is pretty amusing...

#2255 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

The audio of Flacco telling his teammates on the sidelines to tackle Ginn if he broke loose on the punt return is pretty amusing...

Interesting video of Joe Flacco telling his team mates to tackle Ginn (from the sidelines) if he was to break out. I actually wish that happened, it would stop people from talking about the "Blackout-gate" and all the whining. :drool:

http://sports.yahoo....26030--nfl.html
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#2256 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

What is more amusing is all the butthurt people going off about it. Flacco's a cheater! Flacco has no class! I'm sure Flacco is the first person ever to say something like that in a moment of stupidity. He/they didn't do it so what's it matter what he said?

all-banner.jpg

#2257 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I thought the responses he was getting from his teammates was funny.

#2258 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

What is more amusing is all the butthurt people going off about it. Flacco's a cheater! Flacco has no class! I'm sure Flacco is the first person ever to say something like that in a moment of stupidity. He/they didn't do it so what's it matter what he said?

an "elite" QB knows the rules

#2259 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

an "elite" QB knows the rules

I'm not certain how much of it was serious talk or him just venting frustration that the game comes down to that final play and just saying something stupid. I'm not saying he was joking, but more questioning his intent on actually doing something. I also don't believe he is elite, either way he still should've known the rules. He's above average, and if he can tone down the inconsistency in the regular season and make at least one more Super Bowl appearance/win, I might be willing to give the elite title. I don't believe he is worth a $100 million contract either. I'm a huge Baltimore Ravens fan, but the guy hasn't earned that big of a contract or the elite title yet in my mind. Best quarterback the Ravens have ever had, hands down. That also doesn't say much.

all-banner.jpg

#2260 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

No one would have done anything on the Ravens sidelines. And if they did they would have lost the game.

#2261 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm not certain how much of it was serious talk or him just venting frustration that the game comes down to that final play and just saying something stupid. I'm not saying he was joking, but more questioning his intent on actually doing something. I also don't believe he is elite, either way he still should've known the rules. He's above average, and if he can tone down the inconsistency in the regular season and make at least one more Super Bowl appearance/win, I might be willing to give the elite title. I don't believe he is worth a $100 million contract either. I'm a huge Baltimore Ravens fan, but the guy hasn't earned that big of a contract or the elite title yet in my mind. Best quarterback the Ravens have ever had, hands down. That also doesn't say much.

eh, I was just riffing on the "what it take to be elite" lame discussion I've been hearing on sport talk radio about Flacco. But I pretty much agree with your assessment. I know his agent was just being an agent but saying he is the best in the NFL is crazy talk.

#2262 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'm already sick of the "elite" and contract talk about Flacco. I'd have a lot of respect for Flacco if he takes less than the $100 million his agent seems to be angling for and works out a decent deal so they can keep Ed Reed and a few other guys around, ones Baltimore might not be able to afford if Flacco tries to bend the team over the table.

all-banner.jpg

#2263 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

http://espn.go.com/e...ger-damage-done

Really good article imo

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#2264 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I'm already sick of the "elite" and contract talk about Flacco. I'd have a lot of respect for Flacco if he takes less than the $100 million his agent seems to be angling for and works out a decent deal so they can keep Ed Reed and a few other guys around, ones Baltimore might not be able to afford if Flacco tries to bend the team over the table.

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. If they offer him over 100 million, he would be ignorant not to accept it. Money talks, and the higher, the better. But who knows, though, maybe he will.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2265 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

This kind of stuff happens all the time on NFL sidelines and airs regularly on NFL films, but nobody pays attention.

#2266 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. If they offer him over 100 million, he would be ignorant not to accept it. Money talks, and the higher, the better. But who knows, though, maybe he will.

I doubt that Baltimore starts at the 100 million mark. I figure they'll start at $85 million. Even if they could keep him at $90 million that might be just enough room to hold onto some key players.

all-banner.jpg

#2267 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Seriously his WR's have been bailing him out a LOT this season with those floaty passes. They made him look a lot better than he was. And if he can get that money
then Matt Ryan shouldn't be too far behind those numbers.

It's like way back when Daunte Culpepper had what Randy Moss, Jake Reed and Chris Carter ALL on the same team I believe. That really helped Randall Cunningham's comeback too. At least that's what I do remember from the late 90's/early 2000's. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

#2268 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

To the surprise of, well, almost everyone, the Ravens signed Flacco before free agency. Flacco is getting over $120 million over 6 years. As a Ravens and a Flacco fan, I have to say that is freaking nuts.

#2269 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

To the surprise of, well, almost everyone, the Ravens signed Flacco before free agency. Flacco is getting over $120 million over 6 years. As a Ravens and a Flacco fan, I have to say that is freaking nuts.

Joe Flacco is the highest paid player in NFL history? Every player in the league just called their agent.

33126.png

#2270 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

I have to believe that Aaron Rodgers' next contract will be higher than this.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2271 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

You have to wonder how high these contracts will go before it starts impeding building the rest if the team. Hopefully before the NFL becomes the NBA.

#2272 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Man the NFL is weird. Had the broncos DB Moore had done his job, Flacco probably makes 5 million less a year.

#2273 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

I can't believe the Chiefs gave up two picks for Alex Smith. I think he's decent but I was thinking they'd have to give up a 3rd round pick max.

Hell of a deal for the 49ers though. They have Kapernick and they got two picks for a guy they were probably going to cut anyways.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#2274 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

How much guaranteed is the real number we want to know, not this fake 120+ he will never get.

#2275 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

I can't believe the Chiefs gave up two picks for Alex Smith. I think he's decent but I was thinking they'd have to give up a 3rd round pick max.

Hell of a deal for the 49ers though. They have Kapernick and they got two picks for a guy they were probably going to cut anyways.

Niners weren't going to cut him. Alex has been playing some good football lately and the Chiefs offer reflects that. It also helps to have what seems to be a weak rookie QB class and free agents.

I wonder what the Niners are going to do with all the picks they have. I think I read that only two of last years rookies played a down last season. I'm hoping they turn the Chiefs second round pick into a first rounder for 2014 draft. Also no Revis.

#2276 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

Is Flacco seriously making more than Rodgers? Dude owes alot of that contract to John Fox

#2277 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Not surprised Flacco got paid. Now I'm curious to see if Flacco's new contract affects retaining their WRs. If the Ravens have to part ways with Boldin or Jacoby Jones next season, the real test of Flacco's contract justification begins.
Posted Image

#2278 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Not surprised Flacco got paid. Now I'm curious to see if Flacco's new contract affects retaining their WRs. If the Ravens have to part ways with Boldin or Jacoby Jones next season, the real test of Flacco's contract justification begins.

Well, apparently the deal allows the Ravens to tender their RFAs and will allow them to sign Ellerbe. More than likely they will try to restructure/extend Boldin so that his cap hit isn't as bad.

#2279 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Joe Flacco is the highest paid player in NFL history? Every player in the league just called their agent.

My thoughts exactly.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2280 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I wonder what the Niners are going to do with all the picks they have. I think I read that only two of last years rookies played a down last season. I'm hoping they turn the Chiefs second round pick into a first rounder for 2014 draft. Also no Revis.

Yeah only LaMichael James played a good chunk and that's only because of the injury to Hunter. The only other rookie to play was AJ Jenkins, if you want to call it that.

My guess is they package those two 30something picks into a mid-teen pick and take another impactfull DL player or CB.

The only trade I would make if I'm the 49ers is for Percy Harvin. I don't touch Revis, and I don't know how they could even pay him if they acquired him. They are going to have to make some tough decisions in the next two years on who they keep and who they can't afford as it is without Revis devouring a chunk of payroll.