Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Best Buy LE (360/PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

I'm interested in doing the play and trade it in with Amazon. Do you think Amazon will accept it since it doesn't pull up the game by UPC?

I've traded in JD3 from BB (katy perry tracks were on there as a BB exclusive) to Amazon without any problems...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#182 leeyum

leeyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

I think deal is dead showing $59 on website now

#183 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

I think deal is dead showing $59 on website now

Yep. Hence "Deal of the Day"

#184 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

crap , how did I miss this.I didn't see this when I read all the topics Wed morning.

#185 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I beat the game on professional with four other friends. I think this game is a blast with some team mates with mics. I'd recommend everyone go into quick play first and find some people like I did. After you meet a few people, ask them if they will start over with you and go from there. Professional will take a bit longer so you need teammates that get use to dieing... a lot lol. I was even playing as the medic with maxed out abilities. Only thing I don't like, enemy soldiers are bullet spunges. I can walk right up next to him and shot him in the face with a shotgun, doesn't die, just falls over. Takes a full clip to kill him... with a shotgun at 5 inches away lol.

#186 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Shucks, missed it. Oh well, I would never pay $30 for a crappy game anyways.

#187 alihoopz43

alihoopz43

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

I've been hearing a lot about how much of a disappointment this game was...not surprised it's down to $30 already. But seriously, shame on you people for paying full price...NEVER pay full price for a game, EVER! The turn around on prices is so quick these days. Just be patient.

#188 oldschool990

oldschool990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Played this game with friends for couple of days online and it gets boring as hell, I say it's not worth $30 at all... This game is going to drop to $20 soon, so when it does that's when you should pick it up!

#189 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

I buy games at full price if I really like them. $10/20 off credits from Amazon make it worth it usually.

#190 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I understand why people get frustrated at this game, as it is FILLED with bugs...

Sometimes it is hard to tell whether something is a bug or actually doing what it was programmed to do.. Perfect example is when my friend and I played through the campaign on professional we came across the Nemesis who just wouldn't die.. We didn't think anything of it as normal AI eat bullets on professional, but we literally fought the Nemesis for an hour without anything happening... So eventually I googled if there was something special we were supposed to do, turns out that after a few minutes of battling the nemesis a cutscenes is supposed to interrupt us... So we restarted at the checkpoint and in our next encounter the Nemesis refused to even shoot at us... It was actually quite entertaining seeing him casually walk around and ignore us.

But the bugs aside, this is one of those games I absolutely had a blast playing with friends... I do believe the campaign was a tad too short, as it only took five hours or less for me to finish the campaign with only one other person throughout the professional campaign. I am sure if you had a full crew on professional it would be an even quicker play through... I also agree that it is a shame that they are charging so much for the new DLC, especially when all the junk I got in the Special Edition isn't really that great... But I guess I can't really complain in that aspect as I only paid $34 bucks for the SE... If I hadn't bought the SE for that price, I would have probably waited for the GOTY edition at a decent price, lol.

On a different note, if anyone has already bought it or will get it in the near future, feel free to look me up on XBL. Oh but before I forget, I do have to warn you that my friends enjoy killing each other in campaign mode in the mist of a zombie battle.

#191 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

oh wow, thought this was a week sale. glad i grabbed it yesterday while i was out.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#192 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

oh wow, thought this was a week sale. glad i grabbed it yesterday while i was out.

Yeah, I wish someone would have mentioned it was a deal of the day. Would have ordered last night for store pick up.

#193 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

SOB! should have bought it yesterday.

#194 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I was pretty excited to see this as the deal of the day. Not to mention the last time I ordered a deal of the day they gave me 100 reward points on top of the savings which is 40% of the points need for a $5 certificate! Plus they still gave me a point for every dollar!

Someone technically did (page 3), it was the main reason why I jumped on it.
If it had been a week deal TIV would have plummet and I probably wouldn't have bothered considering all the bugs.

Although OP could have edited their first post for clarification. They got caught up in the whole SE/LE mix up though.

#195 fallenjedi

fallenjedi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm glad I bit on this deal yesterday! However, I can't say the experience at Best Buy was great. I did a store pick-up, got the game on my way back from work and and then found out that the case had a cut right across the spine. I'm just one of those that expect the packaging to be largerly undamaged from things like a person not using the boxcutter correctly during stocking, especially when I'm buying brand new product. I went back to exchange it, and they found out all the copies in stock were slashed. Fortunately, I was able to exchange it for an undamaged copy at another BB closer to where I live.

Way too much effort for a game with so-so reviews. I'm still happy I held off on buying it on release.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#196 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I know I mentioned it being a Deal of the Day on page 5 as well, but no one really looks through all the pages, esp if they are on a phone.

I have this on PSN if anyone is looking for co-op players. If you add me, please be sure to mention you are from CAG. PSN: xBarritx

#197 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

I wasn't totally sure if this was a one day deal, but glad I bought it yesterday using trade credit.

Also on PS3 looking for friends. Look for me as jiggyteddy and please mention you're from CAG. No offense, but I delete empty friend requests.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#198 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Resident Planet -or-
Lost Evil

#199 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Need to be moved to Deal Graveyard.....so it may be resurrected later as a zombie lol.