Witcher 2 Xbox 360 $30 at Micro Center - Ad Listing Error?

prnceofpwng

CAGiversary!
So Micro Center's ad has the Witcher 2 for PC listed at $29.99 but it also states that it's available for 360. So I took the ad to Wal-mart to see if they would price match it cause it clearly doesn't show any price for the 360 version on Micro Center's ad.

To my luck (and after 2 managers approvals and trying to call Micro Center) they gave me Witcher 2 for $29.99 for Xbox 360.

So I would say it's really worth a shot for one of my favorite games (If not) of last year.

GL Everyone.:D

cause Micro Center is like 40min's away from my house and just in case someone does not have a Micro Center close I guess.

Gee I was just trying to help people out with this deal, I didn't know everyone would just turn on me like this, so much for the awesome CAG community I have followed for the last 2 years or so.

Micro Center clearly marked their ad wrong and I was just pointing it out to everyone.

[quote name='prnceofpwng']Gee I was just trying to help people out with this deal, I didn't know everyone would just turn on me like this, so much for the awesome CAG community I have followed for the last 2 years or so.

Micro Center clearly marked their ad wrong and I was just pointing it out to everyone.[/QUOTE]

This community is full of the old lady type you see at stores trying to get everything handed to them for the cheapest price. Its best to not contribute at all and just look at the deals.

[quote name='prnceofpwng']Gee I was just trying to help people out with this deal, I didn't know everyone would just turn on me like this, so much for the awesome CAG community I have followed for the last 2 years or so.

Micro Center clearly marked their ad wrong and I was just pointing it out to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting OP. Anyone with a Microcenter nearby, do they have any signs up in store saying this was a misprint?

I'd have to agree with the OP on this. Microcenter should specify the regular price for the 360 version of the game when saying it's available at
$29.99 for another platform as opposed to the other if there is that big of a discrepency in pricing for both platform versions. It's not our fault that the ad interprets to us as both versions as being $29.99.

It's just like they'll call you a vulture if you shop at one of their favorite retail/rental chains that are closing. Like me, and Blockbuster video. I dont hoard every copy of something I find at a closing sale (i'm happy with getting one copy of w/e), but damn if I dont get my moneys worth in a little of everything else. It's almost like a catch 22. I'm here to be a cheapass in every sense of the word to save money anyway I can. Getting a price match on a misprinted ad is no exclusion. If you're (the person who disagrees with it) gonna critisize me, and whoever else for it, then why the hell are you here on these forums? Just save yourself some money, and quit pissing and crying about it. It's a one time shot. If you're a hoarder then that's another story.

[quote name='Distrato']This community is full of the old lady type you see at stores trying to get everything handed to them for the cheapest price. Its best to not contribute at all and just look at the deals.[/QUOTE]

This.

Here is a pic of the ad BTW.
bNzxGX

[quote name='iduncurr']A scan of said ad would be helpful...just saying.[/QUOTE]

Ad scans are not allowed on CAG. Also the ad is not on their website that I can find.

[quote name='prnceofpwng']Gee I was just trying to help people out with this deal, I didn't know everyone would just turn on me like this[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, Wednesday is Be a Dick Day here.

The ad is there. You got to click the tab that reads "Hot Ad Deals". That will take you to the online catalog, which in turn has a link that reads "April Specials". That will bring up the ad.

Damn, I don't have any Microcenters near me. Oh well. Thanks, OP.

(I agree that a lot of the CAGs are little bitches, complaining about something so stupid that they'll just forget about in 2 minutes. I agree with the other poster that said you should just browse deals, because there will always be someone who complains. #FirstWorldProblems)

[quote name='ephermal']and possibly a scam as well! I assume the 29.99 is for the original edition (which allows a free upgrade)![/QUOTE]

there is no crime in playing stupid.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Went to the one in Santa Clara, ca they didn't have any. Trying my luck price matching at best buy[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they got any to begin with. I remember that store would be crappy in getting games on a timely manner a couple years ago.

[quote name='prnceofpwng']Gee I was just trying to help people out with this deal, I didn't know everyone would just turn on me like this, so much for the awesome CAG community I have followed for the last 2 years or so.[/QUOTE]
At least you tried to help out the community and not just lurk like 90% of the registered users here do.:applause: So for that I definitely commend you. As for the people getting on you for posting this, I say don't worry about what some random people on the internet think about you.
[quote name='Distrato']This community is full of the old lady type you see at stores trying to get everything handed to them for the cheapest price. Its best to not contribute at all and just look at the deals.[/QUOTE]
It's also full of the soapbox white knights that get on your ass for doing something 'shady', yet I'm sure they've also done their fair share of stuff that other people would consider unscrupulous without even a second thought.

[quote name='Wario64']I wonder if they got any to begin with. I remember that store would be crappy in getting games on a timely manner a couple years ago.[/QUOTE]

They said none in stock til tomorrow

The way the ad is set up ambiguous. It is made to seem like both the PC and 360 version are 29.99 and even 29.99 for the PC EE would be a deal so who knows. Has anyone actually been able to purchase it at Microcenter?

OP, first of all I appreciate this b/c I live in a city with a Microcenter. I would have given you money if I could have ordered this online, but alas, its not even listed on their .com.. ;)

I'm not sure why I want this game, not even really my genre, maybe b/c all the negative press for ME3 has me down I'm not even really playing it, and this Witcher 2 is getting mad props and supposed to have a great story..

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Thanks, you've just saved me a trip. I got credit there so I don't care if I get it for $30 or not.
I just really want the game.[/QUOTE]

Got target to match it though :) thanks OP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread got me excited. then found out it was a YMMV. then found out it's people trying to scam the system...

[quote name='dirtyvu']this thread got me excited. then found out it was a YMMV. then found out it's people trying to scam the system...[/QUOTE]

Welcome to slickdeals . . . um, I meand CAG. :lol:

I don't think asking a store to honor their ad is scamming anyone. Price matching to another store with an ad isn't scamming either. Playing dumb? Yes. YMMV? Definitely.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't think asking a store to honor their ad is scamming anyone. Price matching to another store with an ad isn't scamming either. Playing dumb? Yes. YMMV? Definitely.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not a scam unless u force print an ad or have a fake ad ;)

I've never even heard of a micro center, but i'll be at wally world tomorrow to try and get my copy... thanks man...

[quote name='JimmyBagODonuts']I've never even heard of a micro center, but i'll be at wally world tomorrow to try and get my copy... thanks man...[/QUOTE]
Then you missed out on their insane trade in values, too bad some jerk ruined the trade in for the OC microcenter

[quote name='TooPoor']Then you missed out on their insane trade in values, too bad some jerk ruined the trade in for the OC microcenter[/QUOTE]
If the nearest one to me wasn't two hours away(Philly), I woulda likely been one of those trade value ruining people too. I woulda taken so many copies of Brink n all the other really cheap but high tiv games to that one.:evil:

said the suspicious looking fox :whistle2:#

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't think asking a store to honor their ad is scamming anyone. Price matching to another store with an ad isn't scamming either. Playing dumb? Yes. YMMV? Definitely.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If the nearest one to me wasn't two hours away(Philly), I woulda likely been one of those trade value ruining people too. I woulda taken so many copies of Brink n all the other really cheap but high tiv games to that one.:evil:[/QUOTE]
My strategy was to not overdo it so that I wont kill the host, if you kill the trade in yeah that's a lot of profit for 20+ Brinks on one day, but just diminished returns in the long run. But sadly not everybody thinks like I do and now all SoCal gets nothing:(

[quote name='TooPoor']Then you missed out on their insane trade in values, too bad some jerk ruined the trade in for the OC microcenter[/QUOTE]

I think it was a parade of jerks. I was told during one visit about how an entire family tried to trade Brink, each person coming in after the last person finished their trade.

hence the name site name "cheapassgamer"
why get it at full price when u can get it cheapest price.

Hey come on down to microcenter... we got the Witcher2 for 30 bucks on PC, also on Xbox 360.

Oh I'm sorry ma'am you want Xbox360 Version for your 14 year old son, well that'll be 60$...

This scenario falls into the grey area of bait and switch. And depending on the laws in your state.. Well who knows, I don't care that much.

But what I am saying. Simply going down and asking for an item at advertised price is not a scam. Not sure why there would be all the haters in here, your simply asking a store to honor an ad that could be perceived to be both versions of the witcher2 for 30$.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Hey come on down to microcenter... we got the Witcher2 for 30 bucks on PC, also on Xbox 360.

Oh I'm sorry ma'am you want Xbox360 Version for your 14 year old son, well that'll be 60$...

This scenario falls into the grey area of bait and switch. And depending on the laws in your state.. Well who knows, I don't care that much.

But what I am saying. Simply going down and asking for an item at advertised price is not a scam. Not sure why there would be all the haters in here, your simply asking a store to honor an ad that could be perceived to be both versions of the witcher2 for 30$.[/QUOTE]

agreed. it's totally debatable.

bread's done
Back