Photo
- - - - -

Dragons Dogma 5/22/12 Updated with Expansion details

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#31 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Just read that as well. Looks like they're pulling a Sony and sending another game to die, like Starhawk was just now. I've seen zero advertising and releasing a week after Diablo III isn't going to catch very many people seeing as it will dominate the month in sales for action/RPG. I'd expect to see a $40 or less pricepoint very quickly.

#32 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

I haven't played the demo, but I wasn't too excited based on what other people have said. Then I heard that the demo was old and I saw these 3 videos, which really intrigued me (I love listening to this guy talk):

#33 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Wow, the demo took two and a half hours to install. I downloaded it the night before last and started the install at 9am, it wasn't done installing till 11:30am. All that time for a 60 second mission (kill the griffon). Not really impressed, but I do so totally want this game. And it releases on my birthday...LOL.

it is a pretty big fu as far as time goes especially when you create 2 characters then go into where you an use them and end it in just a few minutes. it could be fun to buy when its 20 or 30 but with the way capcom is with dlc i can only imagine how they will milk this game.

#34 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, ok. Seeing that classes video sold me and now that Amazon is giving a $10 credit, I'm in.

#35 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

I haven't played the demo, but I wasn't too excited based on what other people have said. Then I heard that the demo was old and I saw these 3 videos, which really intrigued me (I love listening to this guy talk):

added these to OP :) thanks:bouncy:
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#36 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Deciding if I wanna grab the game now or just wait for a price drop. I enjoyed the demo and I like the idea of the game, and the $10 Amazon credit, but I have Diablo 3 and well Diablo 3 is a fucking timesink.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#37 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

Anyone who is getting it from GS just a reminder they are doing Midnight release for it at some stores (got a call last night)

#38 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Anyone browse the strategy guide or know if it's any good?

Saw a sealed copy behind the counter at Walmart but it's only $12 on Amazon.

well one thing for damn sure Capcom this one is gonna fall WELL SHORT of expectations & reach nowhere near 10 million sales.....

Not that they are to be trusted, but I saw one of those pre-order/reserve reports a few weeks ago and Dragon's Dogma had around 120k.

It was similar to this one.

#39 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Not that they are to be trusted, but I saw one of those pre-order/reserve reports a few weeks ago and Dragon's Dogma had around 120k.

It was similar to this one.

I see them post updates all the time but I expect them to be off somewhat just b/c they only have some info to go on. But overall they're usually in the right ballpark. I'm just kinda confused on how they could have such high expectations on a new IP without really backing it with ad money to help it. Even bulletstorm was aidded with the Gears beta which at least helped the 360 versions sell. But they were stupid enough to release on the same day as KZ3 so even the best laid plans go off.

I hope the game does well it's nice to see new IP's get some love so we don't keep getting the same rehash over & over.

#40 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

I canceled mine. Partially because Capcom is annoying me, and partially because I still need to play Witcher and Xenoblade anyways.

#41 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

GT review says the story sucks but if you're the type to get lost in open world sandbox games with rewarding combat, you will eat this up. Boy if that doesn't describe a game like Demon's Souls, I don't know what does. My body is ready.

#42 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Still looking forward to this, but I'm not going to hope it's anything like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. That road leads to disappointment.

#43 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Still looking forward to this, but I'm not going to hope it's anything like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. That road leads to disappointment.

It looks the part and I'm especially partial to the bit where you can stumble onto tough enemies without warning. I never give up until it's dead once I set my eyes on it.

Doubtful it would ever surpass the game, but as long as it's more in the same vein I'm game.

#44 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Good point. I guess what I meant is that I am not getting my hopes up that the combat will be as satisfying or solid. But I do like the general idea about it being open and allowing you to fight hard enemies and explore where you want without holding your hand.

#45 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

Its a very good game about 10hrs in. Very remenicent of DS however I do find it weird that you have to change class to get on a big monster (fighter only) but changing your "vocation" is pretty simple. Only thing I am not really feeling is the (controls in the bottom corner) I am sure there is a way to get rid of it but it kind of annoys me. Its definitely worth 50$ but not 60 and I can forsee it dropping by end of June.

#46 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

I'm really hoping it's Nothing like Demon's Souls, I want a fun game, not something where I'd bash my head against the wall after playing for twenty minutes. Waiting till this hits $20 or so, or GS has a really great trade-in deal for non-Edge members.
Praxus_07.png

#47 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Started this last night, I think I'm hooked. Someone rent my pawn!

Its a very good game about 10hrs in. Very remenicent of DS however I do find it weird that you have to change class to get on a big monster (fighter only) but changing your "vocation" is pretty simple. Only thing I am not really feeling is the (controls in the bottom corner) I am sure there is a way to get rid of it but it kind of annoys me. Its definitely worth 50$ but not 60 and I can forsee it dropping by end of June.

I am a Strider and I definitely could grab on to a big monster. Also I'm pretty sure you can turn off the controls display in the options.

#48 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I got a rental at Blockbuster and 2 hours in it's a great game. Only things I don't like are the interface and the weak voiceovers. The graphics are kinda rough but I don't mind.

#49 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Started this last night, I think I'm hooked. Someone rent my pawn!

I am a Strider and I definitely could grab on to a big monster. Also I'm pretty sure you can turn off the controls display in the options.

Hmm I guess Mages are the only ones that cannot then. Thanks for the info :)

#50 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

sorry to bump the thread, but how is this game compare to dark souls or demon souls, is it hard? also is there any difference between 360 and ps3 version?

#51 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

I have for PS3 but I have heard it is almost unplayable on XBOX unless you install it.

#52 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

So I just got this tonight, and am totally lost. I took three missions from a board in a tavern, but can't seem to locate anything on my map even with the mission selected....I'm supposed to kill 5 rabbits?
Praxus_07.png

#53 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

So I just got this tonight, and am totally lost. I took three missions from a board in a tavern, but can't seem to locate anything on my map even with the mission selected....I'm supposed to kill 5 rabbits?

Maybe the game isn't going to hold your hand and you just go out to find rabbits to kill. Haven't had a chance to play yet so I could be wrong, but people tend to forget when RPGs didn't have quest markers these days.

#54 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Maybe the game isn't going to hold your hand and you just go out to find rabbits to kill. Haven't had a chance to play yet so I could be wrong, but people tend to forget when RPGs didn't have quest markers these days.

This.. the game likes you to adventure off the path and then totally destroy you. Also something to keep in mind there is no Auto save so if you die you might have lost Hours of gameplay if you did not previously save or go to an Inn. I learned that the hard way tonight. Just lost 3hrs.

#55 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

If it's not going to hold my hand then I'll be incredibly unhappy that I just wasted $60. I happen to like quest markers, waypoints, and all that good stuff that make games enjoyable to non-sadomasochistic gamers.

Actually think I'll have to print out a guide for this, after a couple hours of wandering around I still haven't found any damn rabbits.
Praxus_07.png

#56 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

If it's not going to hold my hand then I'll be incredibly unhappy that I just wasted $60. I happen to like quest markers, waypoints, and all that good stuff that make games enjoyable to non-sadomasochistic gamers.

Actually think I'll have to print out a guide for this, after a couple hours of wandering around I still haven't found any damn rabbits.

The game does give you markers, checkpoints, etc, for most quests. The quests that involve killing X rabbits/goblins/ogres don't have markers, and you're not supposed to do them right away. Know that you will come across all the different creatures eventually, so just make sure to kill some rabbits the next time you come across them.

#57 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

And beware the ones with big, pointy teeth. . .

#58 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Right when you exit Cassardis for the first time, there is a big tree to the left, about 15 meters away with rabbits dancing around it.

Nice thing about creature killing quests is that you don't have to go to the listed location and can kill them anywhere.

#59 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Right when you exit Cassardis for the first time, there is a big tree to the left, about 15 meters away with rabbits dancing around it.

Nice thing about creature killing quests is that you don't have to go to the listed location and can kill them anywhere.

I'll check that out in about five minutes, Thanks.

Quick question, are the pawns roaming around the countryside roads also other players pawns or are they built by the game devs? Asking because every time I cross paths with one the Connecting to Servers (or something like that) message pops up wether I stop to talk to one or not.
Praxus_07.png

#60 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Pretty sure they all belong to other people. I think if you're offline, they will be replaced by built-in pawns.