GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3091 lotusmonk

lotusmonk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Guys, not trying to kick a hornets nest, but has anyone kept an unused FO:NV key that they wouldn´t mind giving away? I managed to buy it, get keys for this + Skyrim, but did not load the key to FO:NV into steam. Now they´re all gone.

#3092 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Got my key for TC:GR DE as well, but I was refunded the BC that I was charged for it. I had already sent them a message about it, asking them if I could still get it for the same price now, but free is even better. I won't be butt-hurt if they do end up taking the BC out of my account though. I'll keep you updated.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#3093 zippybox

zippybox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I envy you, is Real Warfare 1 and 2 included?

Yes, Real Warfare: 1242 and Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

#3094 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I got the refund email 9 hrs ago but I dont have the money back in my account/paypal. How long does it take?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#3095 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

What I find scary about that is that supposedly(?) they are the largest digital distributor on the planet? (That's what the CEO said anyway, if I understood right...)

In that case maybe they have enough money to weather this and not go out of business. It'd be nice to continue to have them around so I can download my games in the future, but I'm not counting on that right now.

But it isn't hard to imagine doing a ton of business with a small staff and light resources. Things are handled automatically, with little labor needed. The problem is that mistakes are handled automatically as well, leading to them in a situation beyond what they can handle.

Until I'm confident they'll be around later this year, I'm avoiding buying anything from them that isn't a Steam code.

#3096 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I snagged AC2 off Steam the other day during the AC franchise sale, just in case my copy of AC2 on GG isn't around much longer...

Thankfully my TW2 activated on GOG.com

Someone posted some directions up-thread on how to backup your installers. It's better than just losing the games.

#3097 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

FWIW I think that "largest digital distributor" is a bit of tricky wording on their part that is actually referring to the largest number of games in their catalog (ie they are the distributors of the largest number of games by a single online retailer) and not largest in dollar amount.

I don't have their financial figures but I would be extremely shocked if they were above Valve's for Steam. They do have a very extensive catalog but mostly because they'll pretty much take anything.

steam_sig.png

#3098 despair1991

despair1991

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

I find it unlikely they are the largest digital distributor on the planet, but if they are, man should they invest in updating their infrastructure lol

And considering they are refunding most of the BL2 orders, I doubt they are going to go out of business from the 2 mistakes at least. If it is just the Bethesda (with them canceling any order that didn't get steam keys), they should be fine.

I wish I had stayed up and picked up a BL2 steam key :( Once I got the order in, I thought I was golden so I went to sleep. Was just refunded my money by GG. No email though. I understand why they have to do the refund but the least they should do is email and notify me of the situation instead of doing a stealth refund.

#3099 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I got the refund email 9 hrs ago but I dont have the money back in my account/paypal. How long does it take?

2-3 working days at most, if by the 5th working day still nothing, start the process to file for a chargeback with paypal

#3100 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

2-3 working days at most, if by the 5th working day still nothing, start the process to file for a chargeback with paypal

ok thanks
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#3101 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Finally got my refund for Borderlands and Ghost Recon after submitting a ticket. I noticed they canceled another game from November (that I never downloaded) and never gave me a refund. Submitted a ticket for that too, and so far nothing. Also saw that two games I downloaded in 2011 were canceled and I doubt they gave me a refund. Shitty way to do business.

#3102 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

My situation is:
-Bought 2 Bethesda packs.
-Got keys for Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout New Vegas from both packs.
-All games are still on my account page, the above 3 and the rest.
-No refund, no email from GamersGate.

I don't know what to think. For now I'll be hopelessly optimistic and assume I'm getting the rest of my keys.

#3103 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

My situation is:

I don't know what to think. For now I'll be hopelessly optimistic and assume I'm getting the rest of my keys.

Same situation here, game for game. I'm patient, so I'll hold out for a little while longer before I contact PayPal and GG.

#3104 lotusmonk

lotusmonk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

My situation is:

I was hopelessly optimistic before sh*t hit the fan. I managed to get keys for FO:NV (opened within the bundle) and Skyrim (gifted to myself). Then they took the whole bundle off my shelf and refunded me full price. The gifted Skyrim was still there so I am playing it now, but I didn´t load FO:NV into steam and so I lost it. Bright side sure is - Skyrim for free.. I looked forward to FO:NV however.. I don´t even want to mention that I could have gotten keys for all of the games but did not for some weird reason (hindsight is a b*tch).
TL: DR version - Write down your keys before they take them off without any warning OR gift them to yourself.. or me :roll:

#3105 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Write down your keys before they take them off without any warning OR gift them to yourself.. or me :roll:

No matter where I purchase from, I record all of my keys as soon as I get them anyway. Otherwise, I'll forget I have them.

#3106 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Ok, I just posted 'cause I wasn't seeing anybody else in quite the same "limbo" status I seem to be in, but I guess there are quite a few of us in this boat.

If they're planning to give refunds they should really get rid of the message that says "The developers have been contacted and we will supply keys as soon as they are delivered to us."

Yeah, it still says that. :roll:

#3107 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Ok, I just posted 'cause I wasn't seeing anybody else in quite the same "limbo" status I seem to be in, but I guess there are quite a few of us in this boat.

What limbo are you talking about? Have all keys, no refund message is about the only one that I haven't seen explicitly mention here on CAG.

Edited by Detruire, 03 January 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#3108 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Did they ever claim they were the largest distributor? I thought they just said they were running the biggest sale, which I think they just base on the number of games they have on sale at one time.

#3109 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Did they ever claim they were the largest distributor? I thought they just said they were running the biggest sale, which I think they just base on the number of games they have on sale at one time.

Haven't found an avatar you like yet? ;)

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3110 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

He made it pretty clear he was talking about "inventory selection" and not sales volume:

We manage the world’s largest catalogue of games for digital sales, this years holiday sale was the biggest on the net.
[...]
We handle the biggest digital store on the net, with more than 4000 games and thousands and thousands of transactions every day.

#3111 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

A shitty (and shady) business that can't even refund customers for canceled games without being bombarded with emails.

#3112 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

He made it pretty clear he was talking about "inventory selection" and not sales volume:

Well it could be argued that the second quote implies volume but granted if taken within the context of the whole interview and the first quote it pretty much means catalog size.

I still think he could have phrased the second quote better. Things get taken out of context all the time with interviews and if I just heard "the biggest digital store on the net" my first thought would not be one of catalog size.

Admittedly I'm nitpicking a bit here and that whole interview was so chuck full of PR bullshit anyway, but I do distinctly remember the first time I read that interview thinking that particular response was a bit misleading.

steam_sig.png

#3113 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

That's what I thought too. Some people in this thread are so quick to jump on negativity or misconstrue things :roll: To each their own I guess.

#3114 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Show me on the doll where Gamer's Gate touched you.

#3115 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Show me on the doll where Gamer's Gate touched you.

You'd have to turn the doll inside out. :-#

#3116 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

My ass. They're giving me a pain there. And my wallet too.

Look I said it was nitpicking and the entire interview was PR bullshit anyway so for me to single that out is a bit like fishing for one particular turd among an entire cess pool.

steam_sig.png

#3117 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Hmm, so what are the odds they really do get the missing keys for partially redeemed bethesda bundles? I already received a refund for my bundle without any keys used, but I'm hoping for keys for my remaining games in the first bundle.

#3118 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Hmm, so what are the odds they really do get the missing keys for partially redeemed bethesda bundles? I already received a refund for my bundle without any keys used, but I'm hoping for keys for my remaining games in the first bundle.

Only time will tell. (Because GamersGate sure isn't.)

#3119 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Oh and Mooby I will just save you the trouble now. :-P

Posted Image

steam_sig.png

#3120 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well they have keys for those games because they are selling them now.

I think the only way they will back fill the keys for those price mistake orders at this point is if the publishers cut them a deal on some new keys either free or at drastically reduced costs which probably ain't gonna happen.

steam_sig.png