7798 replies to this topic

#3181 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

AssCreed II Deluxe is $5 on GG:

http://www.gamersgat...-deluxe-edition

Seems like a good deal - does anyone know if the always online DRM is still there in the GG version?
Or if Ubi provides an update to patch it out?

Edit: I guess I should have checked here first:

http://www.gamersgat...or?issue=239776

Edited by seamoss, 03 January 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#3182 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

So guys can we expect that Gamersgate calls Valve (Steam) for revoking keys (Bethesda Pack and Borderlands 2 - 4 pack) ?

If it did happen, it would be Zenimax/Bethedsa that would contact Valve.

#3183 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Ok thanks, I hope that it doesn't happen!

#3184 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

AssCreed II Deluxe is $5 on GG:

http://www.gamersgat...-deluxe-edition

Seems like a good deal - does anyone know if the always online DRM is still there in the GG version?
Or if Ubi provides an update to patch it out?

Edit: I guess I should have checked here first:

http://www.gamersgat...or?issue=239776

Always online was patched out years ago.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3185 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I have had games removed from my steam list before. Though it wasn't anything like this. Steam just removed games that it gave us even though it didn't accept our pay.

#3186 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Using my crystal ball and reading between the lines of that apology makes me think this isnt going to end well

GG dont want to piss off customers. More importantly, they dont want to piss off the publisher. GG might not pay the publisher for the keys they mispriced so the publisher will have to contact steam and invalidate the keys.

GG needs to step up and eat this, its their mistake, not the customer, not the publisher. Instead, they are hiding behind an apology that isnt an apology and refunds that are in store credit.

I have some experience with this, bethesda invalidated my retail serial for Fallout Vegas due to a Gamestop employee reporting it as a duplicate key after id registered it. (The gamestop i used to work in employees would take photos of the gutted PC game manuals and register the serials on steam before the game sold).

I had to jump through so many hoops to prove it was legit. Took 2 weeks and 3 different photos signing different code words on the manual to prove i owned it before they would give me my game back.

#3187 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Using my crystal ball and reading between the lines of that apology makes me think this isnt going to end well

GG dont want to piss off customers. More importantly, they dont want to piss off the publisher. GG might not pay the publisher for the keys they mispriced so the publisher will have to contact steam and invalidate the keys.

GG needs to step up and eat this, its their mistake, not the customer, not the publisher. Instead, they are hiding behind an apology that isnt an apology and refunds that are in store credit.

I have some experience with this, bethesda invalidated my retail serial for Fallout Vegas due to a Gamestop employee reporting it as a duplicate key after id registered it. (The gamestop i used to work in employees would take photos of the gutted PC game manuals and register the serials on steam before the game sold).

I had to jump through so many hoops to prove it was legit. Took 2 weeks and 3 different photos signing different code words on the manual to prove i owned it before they would give me my game back.

If they do this on a mass basis though the results will not be pretty and the press may get wind and run with it. I don't think they are stupid enough to bring that hammer down upon them for Gamersgate's screw up.

mdUFwSE.png

#3188 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Just had a Bethesda New Year's Bundle (no keys, of course) added to my shelf.

I never bought one, but...such are the times.

Edited by cheapo72, 03 January 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#3189 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

What what in the butt? :-s

mdUFwSE.png

#3190 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

LMAO, are you sure it wasn't gifted to you?

#3191 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

GASP!!! I JUST GOT THE EMAIL:

Hello *******!
Now it's your last chance to pick up a ton of great deals before the End of the Year sales ends.

• 8 New Daily deals each Day
  • Bundles
  • Purchase 4, pay only for 3

Check out the offers section on GamersGate for all deals this week.

For the latest updates and news, follow us on Twitter @gamersgate, and join us on Facebook.

Game on!
GamersGate Team

So nice to see the are not slammed, to try and sell me more of the same, I know what is your game GG, I now know....

#3192 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yeah I got that too.

Well on the upside, they should have significantly less screw ups for a while because far less stuff will be on sale.

mdUFwSE.png

#3193 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

LMAO, are you sure it wasn't gifted to you?

No gift email, no GGate messages, nothing in my order history. Who knows? I never got refunded for Borderlands, so maybe my customer ID ended up on an incorrect list somewhere in Sweden.

Also, what's up with this thread's tags?

#3194 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

No gift email, no GGate messages, nothing in my order history. Who knows? I never got refunded for Borderlands, so maybe my customer ID ended up on an incorrect list somewhere in Sweden.

Oh stop that, I got gifted a thing called Volvo The Game and you don't see me bluffing all over the place

:lol:

#3195 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Probably mods spotting tag abuse from people whining about the bethesda fiasco so they put those up to prevent more tags from being added.

#3196 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Do you know if the Legacy of Kain series on Steam have controller support? Can't imagine playing SR1 with keyboard :S

#3197 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

If they do this on a mass basis though the results will not be pretty and the press may get wind and run with it. I don't think they are stupid enough to bring that hammer down upon them for Gamersgate's screw up.

I don't think 2K, Bethesda and Valve want such a bad amout of bad press and the shitstorm is gonna come over them if they start removing games from people's accounts.

Tretton.png

#3198 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Reviews are locked when I think there's been 500 reviews for the game and they won't be accepting any new reviews. Forgot where I saw it but I know many of the games on my 1C pack can't be reviewed because so many people have bought it and review many of the games in it.

Blue coin are the same as money, but more FUN! :lol:

Posted Image

The simpsons reference was glorious.

#3199 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Do you know if the Legacy of Kain series on Steam have controller support? Can't imagine playing SR1 with keyboard :S

From what I've read in the Steam forums, they don't have native support, but you can easily get the XBox controller to work with key-mapping programs.
Posted Image

#3200 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hey, guys, did you saw this? :

"Update 03 Jan 2013:

We are still working on this issue but since there are several parties involved and there have been non-working days mixed in, it is taking a little while to get everything sorted out.

Please keep in mind that this page is the only source of correct information from GamersGate as of today and we will continue to update this page with new information as soon as we are able.

We want you to know that this is our top priority and we want to resolve it as soon as possible."

gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

Another useless update.

#3201 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

From what I've read in the Steam forums, they don't have native support, but you can easily get the XBox controller to work with key-mapping programs.

Yeah, I bought it anyway since this was a great discount. I have a Logitech F710 so I might use the Direct Input function for key-mapping. I might try with Xpadder. 8-)

Edit: I've just installed SR1 and as far as I can see, there's a gamepad config in the menu, so it might support it natively. Later I'll try with the gamepad, ran out of batteries lol :)

#3202 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, I bought it anyway since this was a great discount. I have a Logitech F710 so I might use the Direct Input function for key-mapping. I might try with Xpadder. 8-)

Edit: I've just installed SR1 and as far as I can see, there's a gamepad config in the menu, so it might support it natively. Later I'll try with the gamepad, ran out of batteries lol :)

DirectInput should work just fine. I can't speak for SR2 directly (but GTA:VC & SA, & DMC3 I can), but most games with controller support that pre-date the 360 work great with DirectInput. With Xpadder you lose the advantage of dual analog sticks. DirectInput is a great advantage of the F310/F510/F710.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3203 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yes it does, it's a bit too sensitive tough

I am aware that Front Mission Evolved got less than stellar reviews, but is it even $4 worthy, or no?

It's one of the few modern, non strictly online, mecha games

#3204 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Isnt "Settlers 7 Deluxe Gold Edition" at $5.84 best price ever?

#3205 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Isnt "Settlers 7 Deluxe Gold Edition" at $5.84 best price ever?

Must have been, so frigging good their site is down.

BTW
There was activity from GG on their FB feed in case any one wants to check it out.

#3206 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Same here,

So basically, everytime GG is 404, I "must" have missed a deal (or price mistake). :(

EDIT: back up but 35%, did the MSPR change?

EDIT2: Steam has it for $19.49 (same 35% off)

#3207 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

GG is 'OK' for me and can see the link above showing $5.84 fine.

#3208 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

yeah, it's back up, then it was not the greatest sale.

#3209 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

You guys actually want Settlers 7? You know it has that crappy always online DRM, right?

#3210 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

You guys actually want Settlers 7? You know it has that crappy always online DRM, right?

But is CHEAP! Can't...resist...game..on..sale :drool:

anyway, don't have enough blue coin to burn on the game AND don't want to spend real money on GG until they get their act together.