GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3241 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

These are not glitches anymore. They are setting some games at 88 and 95% for a very short amount of time, just to get publicity going.

Whatever it is, it's not bad. I mean, as long as I get the key.

#3242 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

the changed the games an hour before they were supposed to
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#3243 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

What the hell, I'm gonna grab New Vegas as well.

#3244 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Don't do it, man. Hold fast!

There's only one day left in the steam sale and they wouldn't dare have a big sale without having the Fallout series.

#3245 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Don't do it. Hold fast, man.

There's only one day left in the steam sale and they wouldn't dare have a big sale without having the Fallout series.

i hope so.....

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#3246 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

I got a second copy of Alan Wake at the "mistake" price. I'll sell it for $4.38, buy at your own risk.
Sold.

Edited by slainviper, 04 January 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#3247 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Don't do it, man. Hold fast!

I'm worried, what if they not put fallout on sale?
:bouncy:

I'm gonna wait 6 hours then.

#3248 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Buy the blue coins and then get New Vegas for 4,000BC at the UK site instead. :P

#3249 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Buy the blue coins and then get New Vegas for 4,000BC at the UK site instead. :P

Do I save something by using the blue coins (in general)?

#3250 Shandil

Shandil

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

New Vegas is 2.49 Euros in the european (main continent) shop, even cheaper than the UK site.

#3251 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

New Vegas is 2.49 Euros in the european (main continent) shop, even cheaper than the UK site.

I'm pretty sur that it's a region locked game

#3252 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

The only region locks on Bethesda's stuff are the russian versions. You're fine buying it from the UK or EU stores.

#3253 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Only a small amount. You can apply the discount code when you buy the coins and get them for a reduced rate... and then apply the code to your purchase as well.

76561197971332172.png

#3254 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I got a second copy of Alan Wake at the "mistake" price. I'll sell it for $4.38, buy at your own risk.

PM sent.

#3255 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Can Fallout from the UK and Euro site still be activated on Steam? I'm thinking about buying it at that price, but I was originally planning on waiting until Ultimate is cheap.

#3256 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

It will make absolutely sure that you don't pay a transaction fee on credit card or suffer through Paypal's piss-poor exchange rate, plus you can buy Blue Coins with a 5% discount using IAMANELDERGEEK

Plop the wanted game into the cart on the UK site, go to checkout, use IAMANELDERGEEK, and look at the total price in Blue Coins to see how many you need first. ^^

#3257 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Some of the New Vegas DLC is quite good. I think you guys should wait for the Ultimate. You know you are going to want the DLC. Don't get yourselves in a position where you have to rebuy the game in the Ultimate pack when it goes on sale because that option is cheaper than buying all the DLC separately.

mdUFwSE.png

#3258 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

It will make absolutely sure that you don't pay a transaction fee on credit card or suffer through Paypal's piss-poor exchange rate, plus you can buy Blue Coins with a 5% discount using IAMANELDERGEEK

Plop the wanted game into the cart on the UK site, go to checkout, use IAMANELDERGEEK, and look at the total price in Blue Coins to see how many you need first. ^^

Thanks, but you can disable that.

Also, I can't get any proxy to work on gg...

#3259 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I think you guys should wait for the Ultimate.

Definitely. There's no reason to go for the lone version.

#3260 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Definitely. There's no reason to go for the lone version.

Well, I mean, if you actually want to PLAY the game anytime soon, that seems to be a pretty good reason. Seems like Bethesda is for whatever reason getting stingy with discounting the Fallout games. Might not have a ton of opportunities to score it cheap.

#3261 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Aside from the above, you can also use your blue coin rewards to top off your purchase. If a game is $6.50 and you have 500 bc's, you can buy $6 worth of blue coins (6000) for $5.70, add in your existing 500 coins and have the game for a whopping 80¢ cheaper than paying cash.

The down side is that any refunds will be in blue coins. This shouldn't matter much unless you're buying $25 Bethesda bundles ;)

#3262 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

These are not glitches anymore. They are setting some games at 88 and 95% for a very short amount of time, just to get publicity going.

Yeah, for a while now it's been obvious that something else is going on.

#3263 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

If that was the case, I'd think they'd move the roll-over time to something that's not the dead of night for their largest market. I understand they're in Europe but there has to be a better middle ground than 3am-5am in the States. How much "excitment" do you drum up when much of your customer base is in bed?

Be cautious in attributing malice to what can be explained by incompetence.

#3264 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Obviously neither of us have their numbers, but if I had to guess from their catalog, I'd say that Europe is their largest market. They have a lot of games that have a much wider following in Europe than in America; the Bus/Truck/Farming Sims come to mind. It also makes sense for them to update early in the morning local time so that any bugs can be caught and fixed quickly (in theory) while there are people in the office.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3265 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

It also makes sense for them to update early in the morning local time so that any bugs can be caught and fixed quickly (in theory) while there are people in the office.

Yeah, but we were working under the premise that these aren't "bugs" but rather intentional.

Doing the flip at 2am Central US time makes sense if you want to fix the bugs while a lot of people are snoozing. Doing the flip at 2am (and relatively early local time) makes a lot less sense if you're using it as an opportunity to make everyone say "OMG go to GamersGate for 38¢ Far Cry 3!!!"

#3266 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

If that was the case, I'd think they'd move the roll-over time to something that's not the dead of night for their largest market. I understand they're in Europe but there has to be a better middle ground than 3am-5am in the States. How much "excitment" do you drum up when much of your customer base is in bed?

Be cautious in attributing malice to what can be explained by incompetence.

Europe also has stronger pro-consumer laws and all. My "something else is up" covers incompetence.

All I am saying is, be malice or incompetence, it's not a normal way to handle a business.

#3267 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well it's after business hours on Friday in Sweden and you know their asses aren't working on weekends.

I guess next week turned into next next week.

#3268 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

They insist they are working

"Hi Partek, sorry about missing your posts right now we're also trying to not communicate anything incorrect and focussing on first getting the whole situation sorted out so we can let you know exactly what's happening."

Found on the FB feed.
https://www.facebook.com/GamersGate

I would translate that "situation sorted out so we can let you know" bit as we will let you know what's up when there is little or nothing you can do about it.

#3269 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

They insist they are working
I would translate that "situation sorted out so we can let you know" bit as we will let you know what's up when there is little or nothing you can do about it.

Pretty much.

I would at least like to know what their intentions are, or even if there is any particular line that they just absolutely won't cross (ie getting the pubs to revoke already registered keys) but they are being CYA PR Bullshit asshats and refuse to say anything be double talk and linking you to that damned page which is also double talk.

I also think it would be nice to know what they are doing before they do it for once.

mdUFwSE.png

#3270 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the UK/Euro store tip. Needed to get rid of some blue coins just in case...

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal