GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3301 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Did they ever make a legitimate response to all the price mistakes? I'm pretty sure they said they would this week.

No. Just another vague "update".

#3302 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

The sale is still on?? Then what the heck with the email on 3rd stating that it was the last chance to grab a refund...err...sale?!

#3303 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Did they ever make a legitimate response to all the price mistakes? I'm pretty sure they said they would this week.

Nope. Just more vague bullshit.

#3304 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hey, what's wrong with Macy's? That's where I like to shop. :)

Checkin' out the soccer moms?

#3305 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

The sale is still on?? Then what the heck with the email on 3rd stating that it was the last chance to grab a refund...err...sale?!

Well they sent an email out Thursday saying it was ending but I guess they saw that Valve was extending their sale with a 'best of' weekend and it's not like GG works on weekends anyway so they probably figured they'd let it run until Monday now I'm guessing.

steam_sig.png

#3306 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Or, not everything is a conspiracy and Gamersgate has always ended their sales/started new ones on Sunday/early Monday or something.

The email even mentions something like "all this week."

#3307 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Or, not everything is a conspiracy and Gamersgate has always ended their sales/started new ones on Sunday/early Monday or something.

The email even mentions something like "all this week."

Stop making sense and let me put on my tinfoil hat! :lol:

Fair enough. The headline on that mail they sent Thursday said "End of the Year Sale Ends!" so I had been thinking, oh, within 24 hours and they were doing last call but re-reading the fine print it does mention checkout the offers section for deals all this week as you said.

steam_sig.png

#3308 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well they sent an email out Thursday saying it was ending but I guess they saw that Valve was extending their sale with a 'best of' weekend and it's not like GG works on weekends anyway so they probably figured they'd let it run until Monday now I'm guessing.

Yeah probably, I guess it's only fair that GG get the chance to extend their glitches.

#3309 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Today's deals that no one has mentioned...

Need for Speed: The Run $5 (Origin key) easily worth it at this price

Tom Clancy Collection - $7.50 (Uplay? Securom?)
GRAW 1
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
EndWar
HAWX
Rainbow Six Vegas

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3310 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm waiting for The Run to be free after coupon from Amazon myself.

#3311 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Tom Clancy Collection - $7.50 (Uplay? Securom?)

Worse. Tages.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3312 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Not a great deal on the collection either unless you really want them all. Vegas has been like $1.24 elsewhere, and I'd expect they're all old enough to be worth about that price. Coupled with the Tages... no thanks.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3313 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

I'm waiting for The Run to be free after coupon from Amazon myself.

Are you seriously expecting this to happen?

#3314 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Are you seriously expecting this to happen?

Video game speculation is 90% wishful thinking, so yes I think he is.

#3315 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Need for Speed: The Run $5 (Origin key) easily worth it at this price

Is this still active? It's showing as 100% off (no price/purchase option) for me.

#3316 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

It's been $5 a couple times already, just need a .us based retailer to have it that price by the end of the month. If not, I'm sure EA will Fuck up some promo soon enough and it'll be free on Origin. I'm fine with waiting. =)

#3317 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Is this still active? It's showing as 100% off (no price/purchase option) for me.

EA games are frequently region-locked. It's not available in your region, sorry!

#3318 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

HoMM6 is taunting me with that $12 pricetag. But uplay!

Oh... D=

Uplay isn't that annoying, I've found, and the developers added in some changes so you can use your save games offline or on. (Although the online weapons and stuff are still online only).

The game is easily worth twelve bucks, and the 'online' doesn't make the game lag or anything. I've probably put sixty hours into it, which is more than I've put into any of them since three.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3319 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

It's been $5 a couple times already, just need a .us based retailer to have it that price by the end of the month. If not, I'm sure EA will Fuck up some promo soon enough and it'll be free on Origin. I'm fine with waiting. =)

Wait until the next Origin summer sale, everything will be free.

#3320 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'd post that Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is $2.72 (DRM-FREE), but that'll probably just provoke more threadcrapping.

Personally I was disappointed with the steam demo. 640x480 resolution, and nowhere near the charm of Persona 3 & 4.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3321 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Wait until the next Origin summer sale, everything will be free.

LOL!
Nice sig. :D

#3322 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I just saw that Ship Simulator Extremes Collection is $3.75. Been kinda wanting the game for a while now. Any idea if its Steam redeemable? I know some Paradox games are, but say they aren't, etc...
Posted Image

#3323 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

I just saw that Ship Simulator Extremes Collection is $3.75. Been kinda wanting the game for a while now. Any idea if its Steam redeemable? I know some Paradox games are, but say they aren't, etc...

It's not.

steam_sig.png

#3324 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

It doesn't, but it's the best deal out there. I bought it retail (activates on steam) and the ferry dlc from Amazon, but i went ahead and bought it here again because $3.75 is cheaper than you'll ever get the game and all the DLC on Steam.

#3325 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

it doesn't, but it's the best deal out there. I bought it retail (activates on steam) and the ferry dlc from amazon, but i went ahead and bought it here again because $3.75 is cheaper than you'll ever get the game and all the dlc on steam.

sold!

EDIT: See sunghost's sig. Suddenly its "COMING SOON!" Won't let me purchase. :(

Edited by janlazer, 06 January 2013 - 06:27 PM.
EDIT: See sunghost's sig. Suddenly its "COMING SOON!"

Posted Image

#3326 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

They just pulled it while I was debating getting it.

The realist part of me knows I was just interested because it was dirt cheap. The deal-hunter in me is plenty annoyed.

#3327 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

The realist part of me knows I was just interested because it was dirt cheap. The deal-hunter in me is plenty annoyed.

I was actually trying to get the eldergeek code in when they pulled it. Damn my slowness. Buy first, check Steam later..New rule. lol.
Posted Image

#3328 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

It's been up for like 8 hours or so at least at that price. I noticed it was that price before I went to bed and figured it was a mistake but I didn't mention it because it wasn't Steam and it's kind of a nichey game. *shrug*

steam_sig.png

#3329 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Keeps me from getting in trouble with the wife, at least.

"ANOTHER GAME?!"
Posted Image

#3330 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm trying to get the deal-hunter instinct under control 'cause I have way way way too many games. A couple of days ago I bought Supreme Ruler 2020 from GG because it was only $1.25 even though I know I'll never play it. I managed to get the Bethesda pack from GG *and* redeem all the codes and still haven't downloaded anything. Hell, I have games sitting unplayed in my Steam, GG, etc. accounts from over three years ago...