GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3331 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

It's been up for like 8 hours or so at least at that price. I noticed it was that price before I went to bed and figured it was a mistake but I didn't mention it because it wasn't Steam and it's kind of a nichey game. *shrug*

I saw the discount was 75+50% and assumed someone meant 50, entered 75, said "Oops!" and then entered 50... you know, the usual story in that hive of mental retardation.

I was out all morning and, honestly, it only appealed because it was so cheap. I probably would have never installed it.

Spoiler

#3332 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Right now, my main thing keeping me from splurging too much is the 4 for 3 sale. If I see one game I like on a daily, I won't buy unless I can find 4 games total in the same price range.

Today I did get:

Anti-Killer
Chernobyl Terrorist
Ship Simulator Extremes Collection
Rocketbirds

Total: $10.17 plus .51 back in blue coins.

#3333 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Haha... I was looking at Anti-Killer last night and it looked like one of the worse games I've seen in a long time. Come back with a damage report after you play it :lol:

#3334 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Haha... I was looking at Anti-Killer last night and it looked like one of the worse games I've seen in a long time. Come back with a damage report after you play it :lol:

LOL Yeah, I know what you mean. When I first saw it I thought it was called Antkiller...lol would have been much more interesting if it was called antkiller.

#3335 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Total Annihilation Commander Pack @ ~$1.60 in BlueCoins from the UK GG site:

http://www.gamersgat...-commander-pack

A classic if you are into RTS game (which I'm not...)

#3336 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Ended up grabbing Settlers 7 Gold with blue coins before the deal ran out. If the stupid DRM never gets removed, then I'm only out some worthless currency that I don't trust to work in the future. Probably the only way I'd knowingly support that crap.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3337 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Price for Ship Simulator pack is $14.97, which is only half off. You still can't buy it though. 'Coming Soon'.

I love how there's only 6 hours left in the sale and they are just now getting around to fixing it and still haven't completely done so yet.

mdUFwSE.png

#3338 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I thought it was hilarious that they finally approved one of my Game Tutor answer that I posted a few months back. Great timing lol.

Edited by spoderman, 06 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#3339 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Total Annihilation Commander Pack @ ~$1.60 in BlueCoins from the UK GG site:

A classic if you are into RTS game (which I'm not...)

thanks, was waiting for it to go on sale at GOG, almost grabbed it during the winter sale, at least its free with coins

Funny thing is, the GG installer is the GOG installer, it tries to install in files/GOG.com/etc and it looks like a usual GOG installer. Too bad theres probably no way to get the game added to my gog account

#3340 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

It's been up for like 8 hours or so at least at that price. I noticed it was that price before I went to bed and figured it was a mistake but I didn't mention it because it wasn't Steam and it's kind of a nichey game. *shrug*

Same here. I saw it, but didn't post because because I thought it was a bit niche, and didn't want to deal with the responses. Instead I posted the $5 NFS:TR (lowest price it has hit) and still got worthless (and unrealistic) flaming posts about waiting for the next free glitch on Origin. On SD there's even an acronym for that TC (thread crapping), I just hate to see that happening here.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3341 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Right now, my main thing keeping me from splurging too much is the 4 for 3 sale. If I see one game I like on a daily, I won't buy unless I can find 4 games total in the same price range.

Today I did get:

Anti-Killer
Chernobyl Terrorist
Ship Simulator Extremes Collection
Rocketbirds

Total: $10.17 plus .51 back in blue coins.

I want that, but is it worth it? Don't know if I should buy it now or later at 75%...

#3342 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Same here. I saw it, but didn't post because because I thought it was a bit niche, and didn't want to deal with the responses. Instead I posted the $5 NFS:TR (lowest price it has hit) and still got worthless (and unrealistic) flaming posts about waiting for the next free glitch on Origin. On SD there's even an acronym for that TC (thread crapping), I just hate to see that happening here.

My post was a joke.. I was in no way flaming. To be fair, the guy I was replying to wasn't being completely unrealistic. EA usually screws up once a year with glitches making some of their games free, I 100% expect it to happen again eventually (last summer wasn't their first major glitch, it happened before then too). The possibility of Amazon PMing a US retailer at $5 making NFS: The Run free after promo credit also isn't completely unrealistic either.. it happened last January.

Personally, I think it's a good deal and if I didn't already have the game I may have bought it from GG for $5, but Amazon will probably have a similar upcoming deal on it, so he has a decent reason for waiting. I think his post was far from thread crapping/flaming, as he had some pretty valid reasons for holding off on the sale even if they seemed ridiculous to you.

#3343 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Still nothing about price mistakes eh? "Next week" is officially over.

#3344 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'd post that Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is $2.72 (DRM-FREE), but that'll probably just provoke more threadcrapping.

Personally I was disappointed with the steam demo. 640x480 resolution, and nowhere near the charm of Persona 3 & 4.

Yeah but Persona 3/4 isnt available on PC. Any other games like Cherry tree on gg? haha:bouncy:

#3345 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Was there a price glitch on the D&D collection or something? It's back to 19.99 now

#3346 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Was there a price glitch on the D&D collection or something? It's back to 19.99 now

Yes, back on the same night as the Bethesda glitch, the D&D Collection was $4.99

#3347 ND1Razor

ND1Razor

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Can someone help me out?
I traded some stuff for a couple of the games from the bethesda pack.

I have said games in my GG inventory, but as you know, you can't claim the keys.
Afaik the games have been removed from everyone who bought (and kept) the games and issued a refund to the owners.

What happens to my games? Will I get the keys eventually? Or will the remain in the void forever?

If its the latter I loose out significantly because the original owner probably got a refund + my traded game while im left with nothing.

#3348 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Can someone help me out?
I traded some stuff for a couple of the games from the bethesda pack.

I have said games in my GG inventory, but as you know, you can't claim the keys.
Afaik the games have been removed from everyone who bought (and kept) the games and issued a refund to the owners.

What happens to my games? Will I get the keys eventually? Or will the remain in the void forever?

If its the latter I loose out significantly because the original owner probably got a refund + my traded game while im left with nothing.

Nobody knows yet. Probably not even Gamersgate. If they do know they sure aren't saying.

If I'm reading correctly then you bought the games off of someone else and they gifted them to you through Gamersgate?

If so you will have to wait around like the rest of us until god knows when when gamersgate figured out what the hell they are going to do. If it turns out that they refund the person who sold it to you then I really hope you bought from someone honest.

Personally, I think it was a little shady for people to be selling giftable copies of a game where the keys weren't available yet. I sold a few games where I did manage to get the keys, but no way I would sell the ones I don't have the keys for yet.

mdUFwSE.png

#3349 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yes, back on the same night as the Bethesda glitch, the D&D Collection was $4.99

Yeah but after that the BP was unavailable and the D&D pack went back to 9.99

#3350 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Personally, I think it was a little shady for people to be selling giftable copies of a game where the keys weren't available yet. I sold a few games where I did manage to get the keys, but no way I would sell the ones I don't have the keys for yet.

Agreed, but GG did say they were giving people keys in mid-January. But if he got the gift after the refunds and vague announcements, then it's super shady.

#3351 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

So today offers are Arma 2 bundle and Just Cause 2 complete for sure, I think that they still need to flip the prices. I'm gonna grab Just Cause if it goes down to 2,50 (improbable, but whatever).

Edit, and they changed the homepage.

nice..
Posted Image

Edited by Stonekeep, 07 January 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#3352 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Just Cause 2 is $7.50. I also find it funny that they have the little 'Coming Soon' sticker on all of the Bethesda games.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3353 madjoki

madjoki

CAG (still) in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Just Cause 2 is $7.50. I also find it funny that they have the little 'Coming Soon' sticker on all of the Bethesda games.

Probably because they still have no keys, because of New Year Collection?
(Because they don't want to disappoint more customers.)

#3354 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, but it's the same price as before.

#3355 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, but it's the same price as before.

If it's already 75% off, it's not going to get any lower unless we get another price glitch. Where are you even seeing that it's a daily deal anyway? The only mention of a daily deal I can see is Arma II.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3356 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

If it's already 75% off, it's not going to get any lower unless we get another price glitch. Where are you even seeing that it's a daily deal anyway? The only mention of a daily deal I can see is Arma II.

Before the homepage changed, it was there along with Arma 2 and 4 of the daily deals of before.

#3357 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Before the homepage changed, it was there along with Arma 2 and 4 of the daily deals of before.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Like I said, if it's already 75% off, it's likely not going to get any lower than that. Couple that with the fact that there is literally no mention of anything other than Arma II being a daily deal and I don't think you're getting it any lower than $7.50 for right now. That and Arma II has a timer on its page, while Just Cause 2 does not.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3358 ND1Razor

ND1Razor

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Nobody knows yet. Probably not even Gamersgate. If they do know they sure aren't saying.

If I'm reading correctly then you bought the games off of someone else and they gifted them to you through Gamersgate?

If so you will have to wait around like the rest of us until god knows when when gamersgate figured out what the hell they are going to do. If it turns out that they refund the person who sold it to you then I really hope you bought from someone honest.

The guy was honest about it, he told me (and I was aware of) the delay with the keys before we traded. I really don't mind waiting a month or so and the deal was good because of it.

I contacted him and he said he would do something about it if I don't get my keys. Hopefully he keeps his word.

Thanks for the response, good to know where im at.

#3359 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Like I said, if it's already 75% off, it's likely not going to get any lower than that. Couple that with the fact that there is literally no mention of anything other than Arma II being a daily deal and I don't think you're getting it any lower than $7.50 for right now. That and Arma II has a timer on its page, while Just Cause 2 does not.

I can wait, I'm fine with the New Vegas that I bought the other day.

#3360 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Also I was wondering have they said anything about keys for Viking Battle for Asgard?

Oh Gamersgate! You give me games you already refunded me for, but yet I am still waiting for those Viking keys to get backfilled.

I just checked a few minutes ago, and I now have a key for Viking. :)