7798 replies to this topic

#3391 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

20% compensation works with blue coins.

I might plotz.

Heh, you're right. It's not supposed to apply, but it does.

It means that you can get effective 64% of price by stocking up blue coins now and buying with them later. That's a big deal.

#3392 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hmm, I guess greed does pay after all - I'll have to remember that for next time...

#3393 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Well I got the Beth pack and will get keys but I would have probably preferred the discount.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3394 mingcagxhin

mingcagxhin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Looks like another GG fiasco in the making...

#3395 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Ugh, why would GG refund me just to turn around and honor the glitch? They lost even more fucking money unless they renege on their refund... Whatever, at least the voodoo they did hasn't seen fit to give me a 20% discount, which I have no idea if that is the correct result anymore.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#3396 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

It means that you can get effective 64% of price by stocking up blue coins now and buying with them later. That's a big deal.

This is the best hope I have of getting a discount on Earth Defense Force: IA. Bought.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3397 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hmm, I guess greed does pay after all - I'll have to remember that for next time...

That's how America works, after all.

BL2 packs and the rest of the Bethesda pack :applause: that 20% discount tho... I'll still take the packs anyday.

20% compensation works with blue coins.

I might plotz.

I thought it didn't apply to blue coins?

Edited by MC Kage, 07 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3398 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I got 9 keys and a refund, and still have the other games on my account to be claimed. Now that they are going to honor the final keys I'm worried they will charge me the $30 again.
I'm afraid if I emailed to ask them for clarification that would only prompt them to do so.. hmm..

Of course, it would still be a great deal.

#3399 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

So on another note anyone have any cheap bl2 copies or want to trade for an item in the Beth pack?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3400 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

It looks like it will work on coins, but if you look at the checkout page I think it also reduces the amount of coins you get back, so it doesnt really matter

#3401 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

The question now, do you stock up on Blue Coins, knowing their prices are usually not the best, and hope that with an effective 36% discount they become the best, while risking getting the plug pulled on the 20% discount early?

It looks like it will work on coins, but if you look at the checkout page I think it also reduces the amount of coins you get back, so it doesnt really matter

You don't get coins back on purchase of coins, and even if you did it would be a much smaller percentage.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3402 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Does anyone have a link to the 20% announcement? I got the email saying I'd get keys but nothing about the discount.

They originally removed both my Bethesda packs and said they'd refund me. No refund was applied to my card so I contested the charge.

Then, a few days ago, one Beth pack returned (no working serials, of course). The other is still missing.

The bank sent a letter stating that they had investigated, reversed the charge, refunded my money and were considering the matter closed.

Now I have one Bethesda Pack (to get keys), a 20% discount and paid zero dollars. Go go, GamersGate!

#3403 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Damn.... so I guess I get screwed because after my order successfully went through, I called it a night and went to sleep since the site was so hammered. Oh well, can't complain too much, considering....

On a related note, anybody want to sell me a Steam key for Dishonored for $10? ;)
Posted Image

#3404 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

The question now, do you stock up on Blue Coins, knowing their prices are usually not the best, and hope that with an effective 36% discount they become the best, while risking getting the plug pulled on the 20% discount early?

You don't get coins back on purchase of coins, and even if you did it would be a much smaller percentage.

I mean if you purchase 25k worth of coins, when you checkout it says you are paying 20$ and getting back 20k coins. So you get a 20% discount but you arent getting an extra 5k coins for free

#3405 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

You're reading the page wrong. That's how much you would be paying if you pay in blue coins.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png

#3406 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

The question now, do you stock up on Blue Coins

I bought some coins. Their prices usually aren't great but their sale prices plus the 5%+5% from the ElderGeek/BC thing tipped a few over the edge. I expect that 20%+20% will allow me to find enough satisfying deals to make the buy worth it.

#3407 CygnusYYZ

CygnusYYZ

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I mean if you purchase 25k worth of coins, when you checkout it says you are paying 20$ and getting back 20k coins. So you get a 20% discount but you arent getting an extra 5k coins for free

They fixed it now. A few minutes ago it was the whole coins for the 20% discount.

#3408 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

So on another note anyone have any cheap bl2 copies or want to trade for an item in the Beth pack?

I'll be trading a copy of BL2 for a BL2 SP. If anyone is interested PM me.

& This is too much math...

Edited by MC Kage, 07 January 2013 - 06:10 PM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3409 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Ahh ok, good to know I wasnt going insane

#3410 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

They fixed it now. A few minutes ago it was the whole coins for the 20% discount.

Glad I got in on that one then while it was open.

#3411 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Well disappointed I didn't get both my packs. But at least I get the discount now.

#3412 cloudeen

cloudeen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

i have just bought 30k coins for $24

#3413 buemba

buemba

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

To be honest given a choice I would probably pick the discount but I'm still pretty glad I'll get the keys, especially since I actually bought the pack to get the games and not to resell them.

#3414 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Gamersgate = fail at customer service. Giving a yearlong 20% discount to those customers that you had to refund money to is a good way to piss of those paying customers who bought things at full price and get nothing. For a whole year.

Which means I probably won't be buying anything from Gamersgate this year.

/rant

#3415 b49adam

b49adam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Gamersgate = fail at customer service. Giving a yearlong 20% discount to those customers that you had to refund money to is a good way to piss of those paying customers who bought things at full price and get nothing. For a whole year.

/rant

Until there's another price glitch then everybody who says they're done with Gamersgate will be back... :rofl:

#3416 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

/rant

I fell the same, I though that it was a 20% discount until the end of the month. A whole year knowing that there is 20% discount will get me buying almost nothing, everything that exceed 5$ (except for the 1c bundle) will be a nono for me. Fuck

#3417 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Does anyone have a link to the 20% announcement? I got the email saying I'd get keys but nothing about the discount.

lidl's post from a couple of pages back has the link.
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=3388

#3418 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Glad I got in on that one then while it was open.

Actually looks like it does still work. Im just retarded

So grabbed C&C ultimate collection for 16$

#3419 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Man I wish I got a discount, SimCity for $38 would be really nice.

#3420 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

/rant

While I don't feel quite as strongly about it, I do agree somewhat. I'll be less likely to take up deals which I'm on the edge about unless I can get someone with the discount to buy the game/s for me. Knowing that I'm not paying the lowest price available at the time is quite dissuading to me.