GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3631 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

If someone wasn't part of the whole fiasco, there's no reason to compensate them.

I agree. I don't understand how loyal customers think that somehow they should be able to be compensated for a problem they didn't even experience themselves. Loyalty bonuses are one thing, compensation for a mistake is another.

#3632 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I agree. I don't understand how loyal customers think that somehow they should be able to be compensated for a problem they didn't even experience themselves. Loyalty bonuses are one thing, compensation for a mistake is another.

Exactly

#3633 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I think people (especially long-time GG customers) are frustrated with what they see as other people (many of whom had most likely never shopped at GG before) getting rewarded for essentially exploiting a system glitch. There are people who bought multiple copies of the Bethesda pack, Borderlands 4-packs, etc. mostly to resell at a profit (and to GG's loss) and are getting rewarded for it. Meanwhile, "loyal customers" (whatever that means these days), even the few who resisted for moral reasons, are feeling left out & let down.

Basically GG were screwed whatever they did. However, I do think that they went way overboard with their 20% off for a year "reward" (which, again, in many cases goes to people who basically exploited them). It's not good business sense and alienates those "loyal customers".

Disclaimer: I did get a Beth bundle out of this, with all keys, on the day of the glitch, so I don't get the 20% but did get a bundle of good games for cheap. I debated whether to get a second one at the time but ended up deciding not to.

Edited by seamoss, 08 January 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#3634 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think people (especially long-time GG customers) are frustrated with what they see as other people (many of whom had most likely never shopped at GG before) getting rewarded for essentially exploiting a system glitch.

Therein lies the disconnect and I suppose it goes against the emotional response. They're not being rewarded for exploiting a system glitch, they're being compensated for how GamersGate responded to a glitch entirely of their own making. Whether or not the pricing was an error doesn't excuse the pseudo-refunds, keys being pulled, false promises of forthcoming keys, shoddy communication, etc. That's what brought on the compensation. Had GamersGate responded definitively that day or the next day with something like "You all get refunds, the end" and put the money back in everyone's account that day or the next, this would have been done with. Instead, we got two weeks worth of an Abbott and Costello routine where consumers who legitimately made a purchase were being jerked around and misled by an entity that obviously had no idea what it was doing.

#3635 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think people (especially long-time GG customers) are frustrated with what they see as other people (many of whom had most likely never shopped at GG before) getting rewarded for essentially exploiting a system glitch. [...] Meanwhile, "loyal customers" (whatever that means these days), even the few who resisted for moral reasons, are feeling left out & let down.

Basically GG were screwed whatever they did. However, I do think that they went way overboard with their 20% off for a year "reward" (which, again, in many cases goes to people who basically exploited them). It's not good business sense and alienates those "loyal customers".

Their compensation might be too generous, and the people who receive it might not deserve such a compensation, but if a store gave such a compensation to some customers, nobody would come up and say "I want compensation too, I haven't had any problem but I'm a loyal customer!". What I'm trying to say is that people seem to be mixing up compensation and reward. That said, I do think that GG should further reward their loyal customers, otherwise they might lose a few of them.

Edited by bloodling, 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#3636 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Everyone wants to be a special panda, or at least wants to make sure that if they can't be a special panda, no one else can either.

#3637 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I demand Dishonoured as compensation

Spoiler

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3638 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Were a lot of people able to get the Borderlands 2 4-Pack? I was punching myself a few days later for missing it :(

#3639 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

No Whammy No Whammy No Whammy NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#3640 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

No Whammy No Whammy No Whammy NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL I forgot about that show. Now I feel old. Thanks Sunasun. ;)

mdUFwSE.png

#3641 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

My wife was watching one of the "I Love the 80's" VH1 things and they were talking about that game. Ever try explaining "Press Your Luck" to someone born outside the country and attempting to make it sound like you weren't mentally crippled for watching it?

#3642 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

My wife was watching one of the "I Love the 80's" VH1 things and they were talking about that game. Ever try explaining "Press Your Luck" to someone born outside the country and attempting to make it sound like you weren't mentally crippled for watching it?

Just point them in the direction of the video game that came out a couple of years ago.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#3643 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

From their FB feed:

Jae-Hoon Lee

If I already active some of my game and also got refunded but didn't revoked any game, what's happening? Eventually they will revoke? or this will be free game?

Like · · 12 hours ago

So, those that got both the keys and the refunds, seems like you are in the clear. Can't speak for others, and this is not required obviously, but I would send GG the money thru paypal, not because I pity GG, but because I like being honest.

Every person is different of course.

Edited by DonRamon, 08 January 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#3644 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I wrote to bethesda again, cause i got refunded but I activated the keys, the question and the answer :

Me :

Leon Thank you so much for your contact.
Are you sure the keys will not be revoked? I got almost all the keys, but they refunded my money days
ago! I didn't ask for the refund or anything! I gladly pay the original
price but they just not answer the support tickets!.
Are you sure my gifts wont be revoked even if they refunded my money? can
you assure me that?

Bethesda :

Hi Damian,

I understand your concern and want to assure you that this information came from discussions between our upper management and the people at Gamersgate. Gamersgate has confirmed with us that they will not be revoking the keys, but if you'd like to receive additional information about what's going on, I'd also recommend contacting Gamersgate and they should be able to inform you further.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.bethsoft.com or our technical support staff at (410)-568-3685. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Leon P. at Bethesda Technical Support

#3645 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I wrote to bethesda again, cause i got refunded but I activated the keys, the question and the answer :

Spoiler

Sounds like you're definitely in the clear as far as the possibility of getting your keys revoked. Congrats.

Out of curiosity, did you also end up with the 20% discount?

#3646 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Sounds like you're definitely in the clear as far as the possibility of getting your keys revoked. Congrats.

Out of curiosity, did you also end up with the 20% discount?

Nop, I just checked and no, I don't care really, Im already happy with the games! :)
And correct me if Im wrong, but the 20% discount is only for the people who got their orders cancelled and had no games right?

#3647 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Nop, I just checked and no, I don't care really, Im already happy with the games! :)
And correct me if Im wrong, but the 20% discount is only for the people who got their orders cancelled and had no games right?

Seems to be unless you gifted yourself the pack - they didn't take the time to address this. I got a refund, the games, and the 20%, but only because I gifted myself the Beth pack.

#3648 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Seems to be unless you gifted yourself the pack - they didn't take the time to address this. I got a refund, the games, and the 20%, but only because I gifted myself the Beth pack.

I gifted myself the pack too and it shows the bundle under my games, but no games show under the bundle. How does it look for you. Do you actually see the individual games?
Posted Image

#3649 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

In Theory but seems like I thought I remembered reading some reports of people who got their keys and still got the discount. It is Gamersgate we are talking about here. :-P

As for me, I escalated my claim through Paypal. I still haven't gotten my keys even though a bunch of people did yesterday. I also didn't get any reply on the dispute at the send a message to the merchant through paypal to try and work it out with them first level even after a week has gone by. I'm tired of waiting.

I explicitly stated I wanted a refund as a funds transfer through Paypal and not in Blue Coins/Store Credit.

We'll see what happens...

mdUFwSE.png

#3650 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I gifted myself the pack too and it shows the bundle under my games, but no games show under the bundle. How does it look for you. Do you actually see the individual games?

Yes, but I did get about 5 keys the night of the glitch. From my understanding, it may be different if you just gifted yourself the games but didn't get any keys. For most in this situation, the games just disappeared. For me, I actually see the individual games and keys.

#3651 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

In Theory but seems like I thought I remembered reading some reports of people who got their keys and still got the discount. It is Gamersgate we are talking about here. :-P

As for me, I escalated my claim through Paypal. I still haven't gotten my keys even though a bunch of people did yesterday. I also didn't get any reply on the dispute at the send a message to the merchant through paypal to try and work it out with them first level even after a week has gone by. I'm tired of waiting.

I explicitly stated I wanted a refund as a funds transfer through Paypal and not in Blue Coins/Store Credit.

We'll see what happens...

Beth or BL2 keys??

#3652 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I can't understand why did some of you buy and gift the games for yourself instead of buying 1 or 2 packs straight. What am I missing?

#3653 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Beth or BL2 keys??

Bethesda.

mdUFwSE.png

#3654 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

LOL I forgot about that show. Now I feel old. Thanks Sunasun. ;)

Yeah, I used to watch this as a kid. I don't know why, but I absolutely loved it. :twisted:

Just point them in the direction of the video game that came out a couple of years ago.

Insta-buy
Hmm, time to go search on Amazon.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3655 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

In my case, I gifted to myself and didn't get the money, didn't get the discount and got refunded with blue coins. Already contacted CS, hope this thing gets sorted out.

#3656 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

In my case, I gifted to myself and didn't get the money, didn't get the discount and got refunded with blue coins. Already contacted CS, hope this thing gets sorted out.

But did you get any keys? That's probably a hard factor here.

#3657 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

But did you get any keys? That's probably a hard factor here.

Yeah, that's the thing. I didn't get any key because the site was crashing all the time. All I want is my money, not those stupid blue coins. :lol:

#3658 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I can't understand why did some of you buy and gift the games for yourself instead of buying 1 or 2 packs straight. What am I missing?

There was a round of rumors, which I didn't get the chance to see if they were true, that the way to get the missing keys was gifting the games/packs to yourself, supposedly you received the game as a gift and the system would provide you with a key even if they were out of them for the original pack.

Bethesda.

I think the keys provided earlier were for BL2 only, for what it's worth, I'm the same spot as you, Beth pack and no new keys yet.

#3659 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

I think the keys provided earlier were for BL2 only, for what it's worth, I'm the same spot as you, Beth pack and no new keys yet.

I thought I recalled some people saying they got Bethesda keys yesterday. I also noticed several people selling all those games in that pack all of the sudden yesterday in the Steam selling/trading thread.

mdUFwSE.png

#3660 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I thought I recalled some people saying they got Bethesda keys yesterday. I also noticed several people selling all those games in that pack all of the sudden yesterday in the Steam selling/trading thread.

I think those people always had keys and just had to refrain from selling them during the ban. As the ban was partially lifted yesterday, they could start selling.