• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3781 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

http://www.gamersgat...3/battlefield-3

Daily deal vanilla Battlefield 3 $10. 9.49 with 5% code, 8 bucks if you got screwed outta Bethesda bundle.

47903 blue coins for me. :wall:

#3782 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Is BF3 worth playing for the single player? I won't put any time into it to get good at mad pwning 13 year olds but I enjoyed the game play in Bad Company 2 (also by DICE) so thought I'd ask. Between the 20% and my BCs bought at 20% off, it'd be like $6.40

I liked the 5% stacking discount on GG and even got in on some 20% off BC, but it looks like the money train is over. Even stores that offer no discount on GC usually offer some incentive from time time. Maybe they will do a limited buy X blue coins get Y extra for free or something.

What they should do is give you a BC reward based on your "level" the same way they do with the affiliate bonuses. So 2%, 2.5%, 3%, 5% and finally 10%. It takes so much money to hit 10% that I'd say you've earned a potential 10% discount. This would reward loyalty and incentivize buying from GamersGate ("Only $30 more to hit the next tier!") and get more people to tie up their funds in blue coins. Right now there's no reason to care what tier you're on since the only benefit is through you posting personal affiliate links which is frowned upon on most forums anyway.

#3783 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Is BF3 worth playing for the single player? I won't put any time into it to get good at mad pwning 13 year olds but I enjoyed the game play in Bad Company 2 (also by DICE) so thought I'd ask. Between the 20% and my BCs bought at 20% off, it'd be like $6.40

What they should do is give you a BC reward based on your "level" the same way they do with the affiliate bonuses. So 2%, 2.5%, 3%, 5% and finally 10%. It takes so much money to hit 10% that I'd say you've earned a potential 10% discount. This would reward loyalty and incentivize buying from GamersGate ("Only $30 more to hit the next tier!") and get more people to tie up their funds in blue coins. Right now there's no reason to care what tier you're on since the only benefit is through you posting personal affiliate links which is frowned upon on most forums anyway.

Are you the one that posted it on Facebook? Actually it's a good idea, I'm on level 2 but I think that higher levels deserve better discounts. I'm currently waiting for my 20% discount that I didn't receive when I got my refund :cry:

#3784 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be ignored but I figured posting about it on Facebook had a minutely better chance than posting it in the "Tutor" section on GG.

#3785 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

For the SP, I'd say no. I had a MUCH more enjoyable time playing Spec Ops SP campaign. This is another instance where SP and MP seem to be split personalities. MP is great though, but that is coming from a 360 experience; I have yet to try out PC MP and likely won't (no PC playing friends). And unless you have friends with the vanilla only version, this is another one of those almost-must-have all DLC type games IMO as the vanilla MP servers get less and less populated as more and more DLC gets released.

#3786 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, I'll probably skip it then. I already played Spec Ops, etc but thought my single-player experience with BC2 might mean this was worth giving it a run through. The only time I do multi-player online shooters is when I get a hankerin' for some TF2.

#3787 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

For the SP, I'd say no. I had a MUCH more enjoyable time playing Spec Ops SP campaign. This is another instance where SP and MP seem to be split personalities. MP is great though, but that is coming from a 360 experience; I have yet to try out PC MP and likely won't (no PC playing friends). And unless you have friends with the vanilla only version, this is another one of those almost-must-have all DLC type games IMO as the vanilla MP servers get less and less populated as more and more DLC gets released.

Is the SP too short? I played a few of the first SP missions solo on PS3 and actually enjoyed them. Also played the first two missions in co-op mode and enjoyed those too.

#3788 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Is the SP too short? I played a few of the first SP missions solo on PS3 and actually enjoyed them. Also played the first two missions in co-op mode and enjoyed those too.

Too short...not for a MP-centric shooter in today's day and age. My gripes were with the overall gameplay SP vs MP/Co-op. The variety that the MP lends you with weapon loadouts, perks, vehicles is virtually non-existent in the SP campaign. I'm not saying that SP is bad per se, but in comparison to BF3 MP and other shooter SP campaigns it is certainly lacking. The co-op was fun, however, as it seemed to straddle/compine the SP action and progress as well as the MP variety in personal playstyle.

#3789 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Personally I liked the SP but it is quite different compared to MP. Be aware there are a few QTEs in the game. There is enough variation in the game where you aren't just infantry. Spotting in a jet was fun where you are trying not to be hit by missiles but you are not truly piloting compared to MP. The game looks very good due to the frostbite 2 engine and seeing the buidling destruction from bullet fire/explosive weapons is a treat to see. I finished the SP pretty much the first release night. The game is average length for a shooter.

This is coming from someone who has almost 600 hours in BF3. Co-op is pretty short but a lot of fun especially if you have mics. The 2nd co-op mission is probably the best where you are the pilot or the gunner in a chopper. It is great fun but very frustrating at first as you get used to trying not to crash. Feel free to add me (Daykain) if you need a co-op partner but be aware I pretty much only play late at night (on mountain time).

#3790 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thief Collection is only $6.48 after 20% off, but Deadly Shadows is Securom. Gold and II are Steam...

#3791 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thief Collection is only $6.48 after 20% off, but Deadly Shadows is Securom. Gold and II are Steam...

It was 6.74$ during the Steam Holidays, if only Deadly Shadows were Steam redeemable on GamersGate, I'd grab the collection.

#3792 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

I hope I don't regret not jumping on that Elder Scrolls Deal from Game for $30.

#3793 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

I picked up BF3 for 8$ and with the resulting blue coins I got Thief 2 for 1$.

Good deal if I do say so. I only picked up Thief Gold during the Steam Sale.

#3794 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

With the 15% sale on Omerta pre-orders, the cost of the 2-pack and the 20% comp. discount, you could get a two-pack of Omerta for about $20.40 each.

Not a bad price if you're planning on buying it at launch anyway. Be a 50% discount off MSRP.

#3795 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Yeah! New glitch, game shelf empty! Good times....

#3796 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Yeah! New glitch, game shelf empty! Good times....

:cold::cold:

#3797 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Must be a localized issue or already fixed because my game shelf is fine.

Unless the only thing you bought was off a glitch sale or something.

#3798 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Was fixed in the last couple of minutes.

#3799 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Q: If you buy only 1 Thief game, you buy ____?

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#3800 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Q: If you buy only 1 Thief game, you buy ____?

Thief Gold
Spoiler

#3801 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Thief Gold

Spoiler

K thanks.

#3802 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

LOL, GG Trolling-Glitch

Posted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3803 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Well at least they have sense enough to jack up the MSRP to make up for the glitch? I was hoping for like $5 on this...lol

#3804 Emuaust

Emuaust

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Not sure if that is a true glitch, the game does retail at that for Australians I think or at least comes up at that price for me.

#3805 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Apparently it was, shows 60% for me now, although the price remains the same.

#3806 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Maybe that's their new failsafe:

If [Sale Discount] > 80% then raise [MSRP] by 300% :lol:

#3807 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Interestingly they "fixed" it. FM2013 is now $15.98 (still) 60% off $39.95 MSRP. Although I can't draw anything definitive from this, it looks like maybe they are now keying in the current price letting the other numbers be automatic.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3808 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Well, it was known glitch prior to this and people would complaint about it. Essentially they would run sales, but they would use the Aus price which is a ton higher so the sale wasn't as good. Not sure why, but it happened before with stuff like Sonic Generations. They said they were going to fix it, but this looks almost like a workaround way they are trying to use to get around the pricing glitch?

#3809 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

With the 15% sale on Omerta pre-orders, the cost of the 2-pack and the 20% comp. discount, you could get a two-pack of Omerta for about $20.40 each.

Not a bad price if you're planning on buying it at launch anyway. Be a 50% discount off MSRP.

Would anybody be interested in doing this?

#3810 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

So is it possible to download an ubisoft game outside of the GG download link?

I traded for an unbisoft key, so I can activate the game if I can download it.

Unfortunately I can't download the game since it wasn't initially purchased on my GG account...

Thanks.