GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3841 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well, some people were bitching because they were supposedly loyal customers and wanted a piece of the cake. There's no reward for loyal customers on Steam, GMG, GameFly, GOG... Yet there are already rewards for loyal customers on GG, and they still whine about. It's just ridiculous.

Shit, if you really wanted something purchased with the loyalty 20% discount, I'm sure that a fellow CAG would help you out.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#3842 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yet there are already rewards for loyal customers on GG

Eh, not really. As you go up in tiers, your affiliate bonus goes up if you can get someone to click through your links. That's the only scaling bonus.

Granted you get the BC kickbacks but someone making their first purchase gets the same reward as someone spending their thousandth dollar. So it's not really a "loyalty" reward.

No slam on GG though since, as you said, no one else does anything much either in terms of loyalty bonuses. I still think they should scale a BC-purchase bonus to your tier (spend $10 and get 10,500 BCs at Tier 4 for instance) since that would give a solid reward and you need enough cash spent to hit the upper levels that you've been a decent enough customer. But they're not taking my phone calls.

#3843 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Shit, if you really wanted something purchased with the loyalty 20% discount, I'm sure that a fellow CAG would help you out.

I'm good, I have far too many games already.

#3844 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the head's up on Warlock. Been playing it a bit, it's fun but could have been a lot better. Already own most of the DLC but I'm considering getting the Powerful Lords with my paltry 700ish blue coins. Wish I had enough for a freebie Serpent because that adds more content.

#3845 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

10 days until the month is over and still no keys.

#3846 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

10 days until the month is over and still no keys.

You're assuming that they meant January 2013.

#3847 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

You're assuming that they meant January 2013.

Nice.

#3848 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

hah nice one. I found a thread on Tutor that quoted some tweets from GG saying that the keys should be available this week and that they are waiting on Bethesda. Don't know how true that is but it gives a small glimmer of hope

#3849 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Apparently GamersGate is hoping to have some more info regarding the Bethesda keys tomorrow according to their Twitter feed.

#3850 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Apparently GamersGate is hoping to have some more info regarding the Bethesda keys tomorrow according to their Twitter feed.

I hear they will be announcing an update regarding this new update by sometime in the middle of February.

#3851 GBPackRat

GBPackRat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Man you guys are more hopeful than I. The way I read that twitter post it sounds like they "might" have an update tomorrow. It doesn't sound all that confident when they start out with "We hope..."

Not to be overly cynical, but "I hope" to wake up a millionaire tomorrow...

#3852 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

I hear they will be announcing an update regarding this new update by sometime in the middle of February.

Is this supposed to be a joke?

#3853 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Na, that would imply GamersGate is a joke.

elessar123.png

#3854 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Na, that would imply GamersGate is a joke.

That post being an attempt at a joke may imply that GamersGate is also a joke, but if the post is verifiable fact, it proves that they are.

#3855 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Update 23 January 2013:

Hi again,

Last information we have is that we were promised serial keys for the Bethesda New Year Collection bundle by the publisher. We are still waiting for these serials and will distribute them as soon as we are able.

We are sorry for the highly unusual amount of time this is taking.

#3856 BabyZeus

BabyZeus

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Don't see why Bethesda would have any reason to take so long to give them keys, sounds like they've been trying to get the price down the way they're pushing responsibility on them. Surely if they were willing to pay what was asked they'd have no doubt about getting them on a certain day -.-

#3857 madjoki

madjoki

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Don't see why Bethesda would have any reason to take so long to give them keys, sounds like they've been trying to get the price down the way they're pushing responsibility on them. Surely if they were willing to pay what was asked they'd have no doubt about getting them on a certain day -.-

Maybe they are working to get bundles "single key" to prevent sales @ cheap prices :lol:

#3858 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Maybe they are working to get bundles "single key" to prevent sales @ cheap prices :lol:

That would certainly be an interesting development! :-o

#3859 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

It would be rather poking a stick in a hornet's nest.

#3860 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

And it would be ludicrous/ridiculous (take your pick) for the existing Bethesda bundle issue where the current state is that people have already redeemed parts of it.

#3861 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

And it would be ludicrous/ridiculous (take your pick) for the existing Bethesda bundle issue where the current state is that people have already redeemed parts of it.

Not to mention that people could've gifted individual games.

#3862 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I really don't think they are too concerned about people re-selling the keys. At least not GG. Now, Bethesda might be concerned about that so I could possibly see that. I remember they recently had a Elder Scrolls pack on sale in the UK and that apparently redeemed with just one key. Was very surprised about that.

So while it probably would make more sense for GG to just get individual keys, I could see Bethesda insisting to do just one key to cut down on secondary market reselling.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3863 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I really don't think they are too concerned about people re-selling the keys. At least not GG. Now, Bethesda might be concerned about that so I could possibly see that. I remember they recently had a Elder Scrolls pack on sale in the UK and that apparently redeemed with just one key. Was very surprised about that.

So while it probably would make more sense for GG to just get individual keys, I could see Bethesda insisting to do just one key to cut down on secondary market reselling.

Given the slow rate of discounting for Skyrim (still a 50-60% off title during sales), I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda wasn't crazy about letting a bajillion copies of it and Dishonored into the secondary market to be resold for pennies on the dollar. Even eating the already granted keys might strike Bethesda/GG as a better option than individual keys for all the remaining packs. Just idle speculation though since we're only talking about a throw away one-liner in this thread.

#3864 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

And thanks to a request from @MysterD Sacred 2 Gold is now DRM Free. Now we just need a glitch sale.

#3865 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

And thanks to a request from @MysterD Sacred 2 Gold is now DRM Free. Now we just need a glitch sale.

Re-downloading time =D

Posted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3866 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Those of us that bought Sacred 2 Gold before it got switched over to DRM-free on GamersGate are stuck with the securom version lol. Kind of a crappy thing to do, I'll probably submit a support ticket.

#3867 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Given the slow rate of discounting for Skyrim (still a 50-60% off title during sales), I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda wasn't crazy about letting a bajillion copies of it and Dishonored into the secondary market to be resold for pennies on the dollar.

I doubt those keys will be resold for less than 40-60% of MSRP in other places than CAG forums, so it shouldn't considerably hit Beth sales policy.

#3868 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Those of us that bought Sacred 2 Gold before it got switched over to DRM-free on GamersGate are stuck with the securom version lol. Kind of a crappy thing to do, I'll probably submit a support ticket.

Yeah, I was looking into it. My library lists "Sacred 2 Gold (Old)" with a product code: DD-S2G. The downloader is now labeled: "Download Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (Old).exe" which further confirms that I'm not being auto-converted to the DRM-FREE version (yet at least). The DRM-FREE version has the product code: DD-S2GE. I'll probably submit a ticket -- lousy timing at the moment with the Beth Pack keys issue still causing rage. Oddly, I don't hear noise over BL2 keys.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3869 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, I was looking into it. My library lists "Sacred 2 Gold (Old)" with a product code: DD-S2G. The downloader is now labeled: "Download Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (Old).exe" which further confirms that I'm not being auto-converted to the DRM-FREE version (yet at least). The DRM-FREE version has the product code: DD-S2GE. I'll probably submit a ticket -- lousy timing at the moment with the Beth Pack keys issue still causing rage. Oddly, I don't hear noise over BL2 keys.

I think everyone got their BL2 keys for the packs that were honored. So GG does come through on things and there likely is a legitimate reason the Bethesda keys are delayed.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3870 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Same.
I've Twitter'ed GG up asking about it.
We'll see what they same.

Let us know how things go w/ your ticket.