• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

oh you gais

#3993 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

In case anyone still doesn't have it, the Sanctum Collection is $1 on GG right now (Steamworks).

Edit: Whoops, and it's gone - I guess they're keeping an eye on things now.

#3994 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

In case anyone still doesn't have it, the Sanctum Collection is $1 on GG right now (Steamworks).

Edit: Whoops, and it's gone - I guess they're keeping an eye on things now.

Map Pack 2 is still 94% off, which is all I needed anyway. It's probably a mistake that will get fixed soon. Thanks for the heads up.

#3995 xamon

xamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

the 4 pack was $1.87.

#3996 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Oh, Gamersgate! Needed Map Pack 2 but missed out on it. Might still get it at 75% off with the 20%.

94% off plus 20% off? Practically free.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3997 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Is the soundtrack any good??
Posted Image

#3998 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Looks like it's back to 2.48 now and 1.98 after 20%.

#3999 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Crysis Collection is only $14 (11.20 after 20%)

Of Orcs and Men is $20 ($16 after 20%)

#4000 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hmm, that Crysis Collection undercuts the previous lowest (Tony's $13 AC over the weekend). I passed on that, this is almost $2 more palatable... I'm only interested in seeing the game after all the hype it's generated over the years... the trailers don't even appeal to me >.< I need someone to run just a Crysis 1 Max for $5.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4001 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Has anyone actually played Of Orcs & Men yet? $16 (less another 20% for using discounted BC... $12.80?) sounds attractive enough if it's good but really all I know if the premise.

#4002 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Have: Metro 2033 $1,000,000
You Don't Know Jack $350,000
:drool:

this is all in fun, hopefully no one gets butt hurt
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4003 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Have: Metro 2033 $1,000,000
You Don't Know Jack $350,000
:drool:

this is all in fun, hopefully no one gets butt hurt

Temping but I'm all out of Zimbabwe Dollars.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#4004 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Has anyone actually played Of Orcs & Men yet? $16 (less another 20% for using discounted BC... $12.80?) sounds attractive enough if it's good but really all I know if the premise.

It has crappy Act Control DRM with a limited number of activations that has been scaring me off. It's the same even if you get it on Steam. Much of the continent of Europe seems to still have not gotten the memo that account based DRM with unlimited activations > hardware based DRM with limited activations.

When asked about it, a representative from Focus (the publisher) replied that if you don't like DRM, buy it on the consoles. :roll:

I honestly don't know what GG's policy is on if you run out of activations if they will reissue you a new key or otherwise assist like Amazon does.

In theory you could always write to Focus I guess and hope they respond. :-P

It could be okay, the premise seems a little interesting but I will wait for either the DRM to get yanked or a $5 or below price if it doesn't.

#4005 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Temping but I'm all out of Zimbabwe Dollars.

Originally, I was going to ask for sandwich bags full of finger nail clippings :bouncy:
PS
Welcome back Motoki!!!!!
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4006 ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

When asked about it, a representative from Focus (the publisher) replied that if you don't like DRM, buy it on the consoles. :roll:

It's a strange little place is that forum thread. Couple of deluded people adamant that Steam is not DRM.

#4007 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Steam isn't always DRM. Some games on steam you can launch without steam. It's sad to see poorly informed anti-DRM people who don't realize that. I was dealing with one of those in the steam thread the other day.

Spoiler

#4008 ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Some - a very few - games do not hook into Steam. And "it isn't always" means "it is most of the time" :)

#4009 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yep yep, there we go. Trolls love my posts.

#4010 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Steam isn't always DRM?

Can I sell the key already activated on my account then?

No you say? Then yes, it's DRM.

By that logic every drm free game on Amazon, in a Humble Bundle or anywhere else is actually DRM as you cannot sell them.

#4011 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I love your posts

#4012 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Steam isn't always DRM. Some games on steam you can launch without steam. It's sad to see poorly informed anti-DRM people who don't realize that. I was dealing with one of those in the steam thread the other day.

If it only has steam-account based DRM that's as good as it gets these days for DRM'd titles.

There are almost 2000 actual games (discounting DLC) on Steam.

Of those, a little over 100 do not have any Steam DRM and almost all of these are either older games (some very old) or smaller indie games that are DRM-free from many sources (such as the Humble Bundle):

http://www.gog.com/f..._on_steam/page1

Finally, I disagree with the statement that Steam DRM is as good as it gets: I would much rather have a simple serial-based activation (with no limits) rather than Steam limiting access to my *all* of the games in my account to one user at any one time. I have a family and we all like to play different games at any point in time - just because my kids want to play Secret of the Magic Crystal shouldn't prevent me from playing Prince of Persia at the same time simply because they're both tied to the same account. And no, multiple accounts do not cut it, even two or three quickly become unmanageable - I know, I've tried.

#4013 ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I think my reply was my third post here? And I'm already a troll? Oh. Thanks.

#4014 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

There are almost 2000 actual games (discounting DLC) on Steam.

Of those, a little over 100 do not have any Steam DRM and almost all of these are either older games (some very old) or smaller indie games that are DRM-free from many sources (such as the Humble Bundle):

http://www.gog.com/f..._on_steam/page1

Finally, I disagree with the statement that Steam DRM is as good as it gets: I would much rather have a simple serial-based activation (with no limits) rather than Steam limiting access to my *all* of the games in my account to one user at any one time. I have a family and we all like to play different games at any point in time - just because my kids want to play Secret of the Magic Crystal shouldn't prevent me from playing Prince of Persia at the same time simply because they're both tied to the same account. And no, multiple accounts do not cut it, even two or three quickly become unmanageable - I know, I've tried.

I agree with you completely on your latter point. I miss the old serial/CD-key DRM. When's the last time you saw that? (hence "these days")

I think a lot of people are quibbling heavily in a trollish way over my use of "isn't always"

Posted Image

#4015 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I think my reply was my third post here? And I'm already a troll? Oh. Thanks.

TROLL! TROLL! BURN IT ...

actually, the fact you got Asheskitty to respond with a single sentence seemed like some sort of accomplishment in my book ;-)

#4016 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I love your posts

^_^ I enjoy yours.

TROLL! TROLL! BURN IT ...

actually, the fact you got Asheskitty to respond with a single sentence seemed like some sort of accomplishment in my book ;-)

Well the fact that he interpreted my trolls remark as applying to him indicates something. Those are also his 7th and 8th posts on CAG (joined in Nov).

Sometimes less is more. ^_~

...and
Spoiler

#4017 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Ah, now there's a classic Asheskitty post ;-)

#4018 ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I think a lot of people are quibbling heavily in a trollish way over my use of "isn't always"

I'm not 'a lot of people' and if you think my few words was 'quibbling heavily in a trollish way' then ... good grief. Still, no need to derail this thread any further.

Back to On-topic: I completely agree with seamoss and how Steam affects family play. Steam is a single-person app. I can imagine Steam would release a "Steam box" which allowed family to play all games - like content bought on one PSN account can be played by anyone using that machine - and having that as a selling point.

#4019 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Digital games, including GOG DRM-free games, are single user, not single computer. So technically, you do need one copy per person playing, so there's nothing wrong with multiple accounts, one per kid.

If they change the laws to allow digital licenses to be resold, like they are doing in Europe, then you have an argument.

#4020 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm not 'a lot of people' and if you think my few words was 'quibbling heavily in a trollish way' then ... good grief. Still, no need to derail this thread any further.

Back to On-topic: I completely agree with seamoss and how Steam affects family play. Steam is a single-person app. I can imagine Steam would release a "Steam box" which allowed family to play all games - like content bought on one PSN account can be played by anyone using that machine - and having that as a selling point.

I had assumed that Ashes was referring to the asinine "can I sell my steam game back?" argument in the post after yours.

(Asinine because, as was noted, you can't really sell any digital game, whether it be linked to an account or DRM free, and I would even argue that to sell a used Serial based PC game is more or less impossible, unless you're buying it from a friend that you know is extremely trustworthy.)