Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

No more glitching?
Posted Image

#4082 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

I don't hear that much Crysis hype beyond amazing graphics.

I'm sure it's a good game, but I literally never hear how fun it is or isn't brought up... anywhere.

Well Crysis 2 wasn't as well received as Crysis 1. And they are both older. Back when Crysis 1 dropped all the hype was what a good game it was. When you get in the computer realm most people talk about graphics because at the time you needed a killer rig to run it to the max. Same with the first STALKER. So it is a good game, it just get's overshadowed by its graphics on the PC side of things.

#4083 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm sure it's a good game, but I literally never hear how fun it is or isn't brought up... anywhere.

Crysis 1 is pretty fun, Crysis 2 is way too linear with cheap aliens everywhere (while in the first one aliens were, for a reason, really hard to kill)

#4084 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for your input on C2. I'm not an FPS fan (BL1&BL2 say otherwise) but I'm just curious about the Crysis hype. My GTX 260 (DX10) however won't show off all the bling-bling of C2, which is why I have more of a bias toward just picking up Crysis/Warhead.

Yeah that is a good idea then. My 460 V1 struggled to hell and back with C2 in DX11.(With C2 in general after the game was patched to 1.9. Which was odd because I had stellar performance in DX9 pre 1.9)

Had a few minor issues with C1(not warhead) as well. My first playthrough of that game was incredibly buggy, as much as I love it.

Crysis is an amazingly fun game for what it is. All 3 games are definitely some of my favorite games of all time. (yeah I said it. Sue me)

And Crysis 2's MP before Crytek completely broke it and destroyed it was one of the best MP shooters i've ever played.

And the music in all 3 games (especially Crysis 2) is amazing

Crysis only falls short because of a few dumb decisions by the developers to be honest. The Story has an insane amount of potential to be something special. But it ends up only being just better than good. Especially C2, the way they handled story was clearly limited by console limitations (not becuase of linearity)and other things and suffered badly in some areas such as pacing, inconsistent characterization ,(And Alcatraz, my least favorite video game protagonist of all time).

They leave a lot of loose threads from C1/Wh, like
Spoiler
Some of these things are apparently answered in the Crysis comic, but i've NEVER seen it advertised anywhere. So how were we supposed to know?:roll:

I digress. Crysis is a very flawed and awesome series. At least in this person's view.

#4085 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Well, I have Crysis ME on Origin ($4.43 at GameFly, woot), so I'll have to give it a try one of these days. Are there hires texture mods floating around for that one?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4086 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

There are a few high-res texture mods for C1/Warhead but they aren't as good as Maldo's work. And some of them aren't much better than vanilla.(Honestly the texturing in Crytek games has always been a bit on the weak side anyway as far as quality/texture resolution is concerned) But still very good. Especially vegetation and Nano suit high res versions.

http://www.fileplane...igh-Texture-Mod

http://www.fileplane...Res-Texture-mod

http://www.mediafire...o69a2tojg7socd1 (High res foliage)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1y0vfe (has the high res nano suit IIRC)

The .pak files go in the game folder.

Do note, just go in with an open mind when playing Crysis. I would say it's a sort of polarizing game. There are a lot of people who think it's a poor game and there are just as many people out there that think it's a great game (like me).

#4087 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Yeah that is a good idea then. My 460 V1 struggled to hell and back with C2 in DX11.(With C2 in general after the game was patched to 1.9. Which was odd because I had stellar performance in DX9 pre 1.9)

Spoiler

Thanks for that. IIRC Crysis 2 1.9 did some dumb things like tessellation on flat surfaces and breaking AF in DX9.

Good techreport analysis of 1.9
http://techreport.com/articles.x/21404

@Idio, I'd heard it said that some of the unusually low framerate areas in TSW were doing tesselation on the cobblestones (probably one reason of many it runs better in DX9).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4088 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

@Idio, I'd heard it said that some of the unusually low framerate areas in TSW were doing tesselation on the cobblestones (probably one reason of many it runs better in DX9).

It's more than that, unfortunately... lol.

For example, it's been running fine for me, then I went to a certain area of Blue Mountain and the game began running at 9 FPS. I turned one of the effect settings from 5 to 4, shot back up to 60+.

The game really needs some updates and optimization to nVidia cards. :cry:

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4089 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

darn it, I was interested since Gettysburg was pretty fun...
http://www.gamersgat...fo/take-command

#4090 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for that. IIRC Crysis 2 1.9 did some dumb things like tessellation on flat surfaces and breaking AF in DX9.

Good techreport analysis of 1.9
http://techreport.com/articles.x/21404

The tesselation has actually been proven to not cause performance problems. It's something else.

At least not on Nvidia cards.

Maldo in his mod has actually tweaked and added MORE tesselation to stuff and performance is better/the same.

#4091 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

A non-THQ offering today with Jurassic Park: the Game for $7.49 (before other discounts). It says "bundle" but that just means you get both PC and Mac versions; there's no additional content.

I see it's by Telltale games. Since I was one of the six people in the gaming community who wasn't enraptured by The Walking Dead, I'm skeptical that I'll love this one. Nice to see a new offering though besides Darksiders, Metro, Space Marine, etc.

#4092 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

A non-THQ offering today with Jurassic Park: the Game for $7.49 (before other discounts). It says "bundle" but that just means you get both PC and Mac versions; there's no additional content.

I see it's by Telltale games. Since I was one of the six people in the gaming community who wasn't enraptured by The Walking Dead, I'm skeptical that I'll love this one. Nice to see a new offering though besides Darksiders, Metro, Space Marine, etc.

Yeah, this one was almost universally panned, whereas TWD has been the opposite so I'd probably avoid unless you happen to be a huge Jurassic Park fan.

This one is sitting in my backlog along with most of the Telltale catalog. I'll probably get to the SVU game next though.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4093 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Looks like the Deus Ex games are on sale now. I'm thinking of picking up The Missing Link DLC -- at $2, this is the cheapest it's ever been, I believe. Any thoughts on whether it's worth it? (I've heard the other DE:HR DLC isn't.)

#4094 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

darn it, I was interested since Gettysburg was pretty fun...
http://www.gamersgat...fo/take-command

That's weird... I wonder what happened. TC2M is a fun older game, but I found it pretty difficult.

#4095 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

So Ashot P (aka entire support team at GG) just got back to me today over the support ticket I sent in when the DRM free unified version of Sacred Gold came out and I (at very first) didn't have access to it even though I bought the old version.

I guess they just quickly went and gave everyone the new version the next day or so. And that was weeks ago.

I thought with the Bethesda incident behind them their support time would get a little better but I guess not. Luckily in this case it was fixed without direct support intervention soon after.

Also, he gave me another copy of it and apparently didn't bother to check to see if I already had it.

Oh Gamersgate... :roll:

#4096 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

So Ashot P (aka entire support team at GG) just got back to me today over the support ticket I sent in when the DRM free unified version of Sacred Gold came out and I (at very first) didn't have access to it even though I bought the old version.

I guess they just quickly went and gave everyone the new version the next day or so. And that was weeks ago.

I thought with the Bethesda incident behind them their support time would get a little better but I guess not. Luckily in this case it was fixed without direct support intervention soon after.

Also, he gave me another copy of it and apparently didn't bother to check to see if I already had it.

Oh Gamersgate... :roll:

I just got today 2 surveys from 2 support tickets I sent a month ago. They were addressed from Ashot. He asked how he was doing, I told the truth. Well, he did ask ...

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#4097 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I bought an Awesomenauts 3-pack over a week ago and have only received one key this whole time, lol. I bought the pack through Spoderman, so we both have sent in tickets... not getting my hopes up.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4098 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

I just got a response to one ticket I sent like 3-4 weeks ago when blue coins was not working as a payment option. That resolved itself way before they responded though. I sent a second ticket like a week a go and don't expect that to be responded to anytime soon.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4099 Malibuz0r

Malibuz0r

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

This might not work but eh I'll still tried.

I'm looking for someone to buy Deus Ex for me with the 20% discount off. I don't think I can compensate for your time though, looking to buy the game for the cheapest.

#4100 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

In for Tryst Premium Edition for $7.20 with the discount (On sale at 70% at $9.00 otherwise).

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4101 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hmm, Two Worlds II is $5 ($4 after 20%). Caution: iirc, three activations, period, non-revocable. But for $4.... I don't think this is a glitch, GMG had TWII for $8 before, Steam had it for $7.50.

Edited by asheskitty, 10 February 2013 - 08:17 AM.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#4102 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hmm, Two Worlds II is $5 ($4 after 20%). Caution: iirc, three activations, period, non-revocable. But for $4.... I don't think this is a glitch, GMG had TWII for $8 before, Steam had it for $7.50.

But it's not all velvety and cheap like the one that as on sale a couple months back. Plus, it smells bad. :cry:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4103 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

What exactly is the DRM?

#4104 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

What kind of DRM does it have exactly now?

#4105 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

What exactly is the DRM?

Two Worlds 2 has its very own homebrew-made DRM.

Basically, you have to activate it once per PC.
Change major PC parts - prepare for another activation to be used.

If you run out of activations, contact support...and just roll the dice.

#4106 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well that sucks. I've been pretty interested in this game for a while.

#4107 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

If you're Anti-DRM, avoid the game. To give it context, the game asks for your phone and address.

#4108 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Just wait for Amazon to put it on sale. They've already done so for the first game.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4109 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Just wait for Amazon to put it on sale. They've already done so for the first game.

Good point. I believe I'd seen GG slightly articulate their "unlimited activations" policy as: we'll help you reset activations. That said, I've never seen reports of anyone (try to) use those policies for GG or Amazon. The way GG gave prior purchasers of Sacred 2 Gold the DRM-FREE version does give me hope. However, more saliently, would you rather deal with customer service at GG or Amazon?

#4110 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Good point. I believe I'd seen GG slightly articulate their "unlimited activations" policy as: we'll help you reset activations. That said, I've never seen reports of anyone (try to) use those policies for GG or Amazon. The way GG gave prior purchasers of Sacred 2 Gold the DRM-FREE version does give me hope. However, more saliently, would you rather deal with customer service at GG or Amazon?

Seeing as I am dealing with GG support right now, which consists of throwing tickets into a pit and waiting weeks upon weeks for the slightest reply, I'd probably say Amazon.

bZ2g3eF.png