GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#4111 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Seeing as I am dealing with GG support right now, which consists of throwing tickets into a pit and waiting weeks upon weeks for the slightest reply, I'd probably say Amazon.

=p That was supposed to be a rhetorical question. While Amazon support isn't always smooth at least they operate at normal speed. And we got Big Tony to set them straight.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4112 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Do you ever check on the Daily Deal update just to say to yourself, "I alt-tabbed for this?!?"

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#4113 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Do you ever check on the Daily Deal update just to say to yourself, "I alt-tabbed for this?!?"

But some Codemasters games are on sale and it includes this!

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#4114 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

i'm actually excited to see codemasters added. GG seems to have more aggressive sales than Steam so I'm hoping for a 75% off Jericho.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4115 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

You are all fully expected to buy Hospital Tycoon for $3.34 (if you don't already own it). ;)

#4116 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

But some Codemasters games are on sale and it includes this!

8-bit graphics or GTFO ^_~

i'm actually excited to see codemasters added. GG seems to have more aggressive sales than Steam so I'm hoping for a 75% off Jericho.

Nod! I was noticing Dirt 2 was on sale for $10 (it evaded the steam autumn/winter sales). Dirt 2 and GRID are still the best two racers of recent years (though TDU2 is a strong runner-up).

Hmm, Dirt 2 just dropped, 55% off atm, $6.71 (It hit $5 on the steam summer sale)

#4117 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

I am curious if the F1 games are good Sim racers. The MSRPs are lower on GG so even with only a 33% discount (and 20% Xmas discount), they are lower than the best sales on Steam as far as I can remember. I saw F1 2012 will no longer have any patches so that is a definite con. These games are still so pricey though considering their age.

#4118 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I haven't played F1 2012/11/12. They really haven't gotten the sort of sales that Codemasters' racers used to get, haven't dropped under $25 that I can recall. IIRC, reviewers liked 2010, thought 2011 was a refinement, and 2012 was clearly the annual update in a sports game franchise. They change a little match the rules of the respective F1 season. Oh good, F1 2012 has a demo on Steam, finally.

#4119 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I haven't played F1 2012/11/12. They really haven't gotten the sort of sales that Codemasters' racers used to get, haven't dropped under $25 that I can recall. IIRC, reviewers liked 2010, thought 2011 was a refinement, and 2012 was clearly the annual update in a sports game franchise. They change a little match the rules of the respective F1 season. Oh good, F1 2012 has a demo on Steam, finally.

I really hope to see a great sale on F1 2012. I enjoyed 2011 when I played it for a while but recently I've been feeling like playing some racing games.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#4120 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

If anyone has Dishonored from the Bethesda pack, I would greatly appreciate a PM.

#4121 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

In4 DRM-free Alpha Protocol Double-dipping at $2.39 after discount.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4122 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Alpha Protocol at 2,40€ after discount --> F**K YEAH!
No Steam key --> awwwwwwww... :cry:
Still, a great game, and one of the best RPG of this gen. Anybody knows if PC version was modded and enhanced by fans?
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#4123 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Alpha Protocol is an Unreal Engine game and Unreal Engine has never been very mod friendly.

#4124 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Anyone have opinions on DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown, as compared to DiRT 2 (which is my favorite racing game)?

#4125 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Anyone have opinions on DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown, as compared to DiRT 2 (which is my favorite racing game)?

Dirt 3 is a decent entry in the series but does not live up to Dirt 2. It's a solid racer along the Dirt 2 mechanics that adds wthe gymkahana stuff (think open layout skate-park for cars) which while totally different give a bit of creative expression to a racer. IIRC Dirt 3 hasn't been less that $20 (I paid $20, maybe $25). The best deal I've seen it atm on GG $16 (w/20% forced refund discount). I feel it's better to view Dirt 3 in it's own right rather than as a sequel to Dirt 2. If you try to view it as a sequel it's a bit of a letdown, but still a solid racer. (I *love* Dirt 2 and GRID.)

Dirt Showdown similarly has never been less than $20 or $25. It wasn't was well received as well as Dirt 3, which wasn't received as well as Dirt 2. I've been waiting for a decent sale.

I'd also recommend picking up TDU2 next time it hits $5, if you missed in last week.

There are several price trackers in my sig.

#4126 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I differ, for me Dirt 3 is a much better experience than Dirt 2, I felt the handling better, the drifting races are just incredible, trying to get those medals took me various attemps, the in car view is very good in Dirt 3, graphics are nice too. I didn't even finished Dirt 2, I think my PC gave me problems with the game, maybe that was why, but as for what I've played, if you enjoyed Dirt 2, you'll love Dirt 3, IMO as a rally fan.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#4127 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

$2.39 for Alpha Protocol? I'll take it!
Posted Image

#4128 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Alpha Protocol at 2,40€ after discount --> F**K YEAH!
No Steam key --> awwwwwwww... :cry:
Still, a great game, and one of the best RPG of this gen. Anybody knows if PC version was modded and enhanced by fans?

Not too much that I know of, unfortunately.

But, you might wanna look at some of THIS stuff for tweaking and whatnot:

Shacknews Post -> Their Reccommended Modding & Tweaking on some AP PC files they think improve the game.

AP PC - The Modding Thread on Obsidian's boards.
AP PC - Unlocking SM3.0, AA, and AF Features: from The AP PC - Modding Thread on Obsidian's boards.
AP PC - Modding Thread, in which they've found Cut Content from the game still in the game-files.

#4129 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Pre-Orders for Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army are 20% off or $11.99 ($9.59 w/ comp.)

I actually didn't even know such an animal existed. They should show the bullet-through-body shots and just have the target keep coming at you. "Hit my spleen but I don't care!"

#4130 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Pre-Orders for Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army are 20% off or $11.99 ($9.59 w/ comp.)

I actually didn't even know such an animal existed. They should show the bullet-through-body shots and just have the target keep coming at you. "Hit my spleen but I don't care!"

It's been talked about by Fox and Geno (and I think someone else) in the Steam thread, iirc they have 1 spot left in a 4-pack group buy.

Better, GG has the Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 4-pack at $7.20/copy (yes 20% works)

#4131 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, I already hosted one 4 Pack @ the $7.20 price and have 2 slots filled for a second one. Best deal there is and rare to get a pre-order for less than 50% of the retail price!

#4132 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, I already hosted one 4 Pack @ the $7.20 price and have 2 slots filled for a second one. Best deal there is and rare to get a pre-order for less than 50% of the retail price!

^_^ I know, I'm half-tempted, and I haven't played Sinper Elite V1 or V2, and I'm not a zombie fan, and Nazi Zombies just make that worse. $7.20 is better than than I've seen SE V2 at iirc.

Just so I know, what's the best way to gift stuff on GG? Mail the gifts to yourself, then remail those codes? (Asumming the recipient doesn't have a GG account yet.) I assume if they have a GG account, the direct to account works okay?

#4133 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Just so I know, what's the best way to gift stuff on GG? Mail the gifts to yourself, then remail those codes? (Asumming the recipient doesn't have a GG account yet.) I assume if they have a GG account, the direct to account works okay?

I hadn't even considered that possible wrinkle to buying a 4-pack. I had just assumed that you were able to see all 4 keys in your account, and you could just give the key to whoever bought a slot in the group buy. Is this not so?

#4134 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

The best way is usually direct to account if possible. Just easier that way and you don't have the extras cluttering your own inventory.

Some games (like Primal Fears) will only give you one key for a four pack which you have to activate on Steam and then you get 3 extras added to your inventory.

This one gives you 4 different entries so you can just gift them out individually. The keys for this one aren't out, GG usually gets them the day before or day of release.

Edit:

And yes, otherwise you have to send each gift to your email, redeem it on your account, and then see the keys. Otherwise the copy will say giftable only and won't let you see the key.

#4135 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hmm, I guess the Codemasters sale should probably be ending soon.

*Edit: Found someone. Thanks!
If anyone has the 20% discount, and preferably doesn't hate my guts, and would be open to grabbing a game for me that I could buy from them via Paypal I'm kind of interested in Rise of the Argonauts (Steamworks).

US site has it for $6.69 http://www.gamersgat...f-the-argonauts

It's slightly cheaper at £3.34 (about $5.18 with the exchange rate) on the UK site though http://www.gamersgat...f-the-argonauts

Edited by Motoki, 15 February 2013 - 09:42 PM.

steam_sig.png

#4136 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Gah, that's tempting. I played a fair bit of Rise of the Argonauts on 360, and it's a really good third person ARPG. Has dialogue choices and pretty good voiceovers, graphics aren't bad at all, story is surprisingly well done, etc. Gameplay is pretty standard fare, but you're given a lot of skill options and whatnot. It's a really good game...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4137 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Gah, that's tempting. I played a fair bit of Rise of the Argonauts on 360, and it's a really good third person ARPG. Has dialogue choices and pretty good voiceovers, graphics aren't bad at all, story is surprisingly well done, etc. Gameplay is pretty standard fare, but you're given a lot of skill options and whatnot. It's a really good game...

It's ~$4 if someone has the 20% discount and buys it through the UK site. Price history says the lowest it has been on sale for is $5 on Steam a year ago (2011 Winter sale).

http://www.steamgame...f-the-argonauts

steam_sig.png

#4138 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Damn Codemasters. Where's the 75% off?!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4139 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

In for Rise of the Argonauts. I'm too lazy to do the math but between the UK price, 20% comp and me still using my BC's I bought at 20% off plus the 207 BC kick-back I'm guessing it was about $3 total.

#4140 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Rise of the Argonauts was good on the PC, but nothing great or spectacular.
Certainly worth that cheap amount of $, for damn sure.

Back in the day when I bought it (dirt cheap back then, mind you - but not THIS dirt cheap), the game had performance issues on my (older) rig, CTD's, and other madness - which drove me crazy more so than anything else. I'm betting and hoping it runs much better on modern-day PC's, of course.

Also, the game took a little while to really get going w/ the action for a game labeled "Action-RPG", IMHO. Felt like the game was very story-heavy and tutorial-heavy, in the beginning. But, still - while it starts slow, this is a game that just gets better and better, as you keep playing.

It didn't really feel like the dialogue options didn't really shape much of the game differently, as well. Your favor points, they really don't say shape the story itself too much. Also, nor does it really shape your skills too much - in which that could've been really interesting in a ARPG (since the game's story doesn't re-shape itself much based on your decisions).

What do I mean? If I side w/ say Ares in dialogue 5 times and get credit for "Making 5 Ares aligned choices", I should be stuck with....duh, using that devotion to Ares ONLY, whether I like it or not -- that or you get MORE credit on filling that bar up for devoting that deed to Ares. It just makes more sense to me. Same w/ say the sword rewards in combat -- if I got credit for "killing X enemies with a sword," I should be able only to use that on the God Hermes, who favors the sword -- or I should get more credit on filling that bar up for using it on Hermes' skill set than some other God.

I didn't care for KB/mouse controls (and lack of ability to re-configure them), but it played great w/ a X360 controller. Combat and controls were awesome w/ the 360 controller - especially once you got more skills, abilities, and stuff behind your character.

TL;DR - This game's a solid ARPG and easily worth the $; and while it starts slow, it just gets better and better as it goes along.