7798 replies to this topic

#4681 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sleeping Dogs The year of the snake

-70% already.

Yeah, saw that and bought it with BC + 20% off compensation discount.

Might be a price mistake, Zodiac Tournament isn't discounted on GG, and that's older.. Year of the Snake is the newest DLC

Yeah, I just grabbed it as well. After the 20% "whoops" discount, it amounted to it being about 76% off. 75% is probably the lowest that it will ever be on steam, so I figured I might as well. If Zodiac Tournament gets discounted later on, I might pick that up as well.

#4682 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

They appear to be launching something called their Spring Sale.

Two weeks worth of dailies according to Twitter. Plus week-long deals and bundles.

People grousing about how they had nothing good to use their comp. discounts on might actually have a reason to smile.

#4683 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

The Indiefort Spring Bundle is still on sale despite the fact that it was supposedly only gonna run through yesterday. If you want a laugh, check out the bonus tiers and how many bundles they need to sell to hit the first level. Then check how many bundles they've actually sold.

#4684 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

The Indiefort Spring Bundle is still on sale despite the fact that it was supposedly only gonna run through yesterday. If you want a laugh, check out the bonus tiers and how many bundles they need to sell to hit the first level. Then check how many bundles they've actually sold.

Yeah I think they need to fire the guy that handles the IndieFort bundles ;)

#4685 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thanks! I snagged Sheepy Dog's Snakey.

Just like the good old days, the GG discount makes the difference. Also, I was able to cover it with blue coins. =)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4686 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

The Overlord Complete set is 5.99. Steam keys. Not the cheapest it's been I think, but it Codemasters games seem to be pretty rare on sale on Steam itself these days.

#4687 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Picked up the SD DLC myself. Good find there. Hoping to see Xenus II and Precursors go on daily again since it has been about a year since they have been on sale.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4688 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone know if Sleeping Dogs YoTS DLC is separated from the main story like Nightmare in North Point, or not?

Thanks.

#4689 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

I can't confirm, but it says it occurs AFTER the main story line, so my assumption is yes it's a separate animal.

#4690 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Good find $1.68 after the 20% off GG Bethesda mess up.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#4691 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Does anyone know if Sleeping Dogs YoTS DLC is separated from the main story like Nightmare in North Point, or not?

Thanks.

It's separate.

When you load up the game, you are first taken to a screen where you have to select the game scenario. In my case, I was asked to choose between the Main game, Nightmare At North Point or Year Of The Snake. I assume if I had Zodiac Tournament, that would be on the list as well.

#4692 madjoki

madjoki

CAG (still) in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

It's separate.

When you load up the game, you are first taken to a screen where you have to select the game scenario. In my case, I was asked to choose between the Main game, Nightmare At North Point or Year Of The Snake. I assume if I had Zodiac Tournament that would be on the list as well.

Zodiac won't appear in that list, it's island that you access from main game.

Intrestingly this DLC was only 2kB, meaning it was part of main game already.
Weird decission.

#4693 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hm. Could someone with GG discount gift me YotS for Paypal? Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Talking about ~$2.01 (w/ elder-geek.com) instead of ~$1.70 that's some CAGness right there.

#4694 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Talking about ~$2.01 (w/ elder-geek.com) instead of ~$1.70 that's some CAGness right there.

I thought the same thing, but I figured typing this message would actually cost me more in time than the actual savings :)
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#4695 madjoki

madjoki

CAG (still) in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

You can also save additional $0.09 or 0.08€ by buying bluecoins from gamersgate.com and using them on gamersgate.co.uk to buy game. :D

#4696 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Don't forget that if you have someone else buy this (or any other game) for you, they get to keep the 5% BlueCoin "cashback" reward.

#4697 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Got Binary Domain for 5$ with my compensation discount, not bad IMO from watching reviews. I'm waiting for the next daily deals to get some other deal where to spend my BI blue coins finally. So far, good sale.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#4698 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Thanks.

From what ive read and heard its not but i might be wrong

#4699 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Zodiac won't appear in that list, it's island that you access from main game.

Intrestingly this DLC was only 2kB, meaning it was part of main game already.
Weird decission.

it's digital locked content :hot:

#4700 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Just because it wasn't a big download doesn't mean it was part of the original game. A lot of games force you to download some or all of a DLC/expansion even if you don't own it.

#4701 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

It's not even that big of a conspiracy. Every time they release a new piece of DLC for Sleeping Dogs they patch it into the base game. God only knows why, it's not like it has multiplayer and needs the assets for compatibility reasons.

#4702 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Sheepy DOGS rolls all most of it's content into a couple big files (and steam update is file-based, not delta-based). Also quite a few games include the content of the DLC in updates, this eases Quality Assurance by limiting the number of variants you can have.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4703 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

damn i want that dlc but dont have the 20% off whoops discount guess i wait sadly unless someone willing that has it does then i can paid in paypal

#4704 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

The ding for transferring money via Paypal would largely negate the difference between the DLC at Sale+Elder-Geek.com and Sale+Whoops.

#4705 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

The ding for transferring money via Paypal would largely negate the difference between the DLC at Sale+Elder-Geek.com and Sale+Whoops.

No fee if you've got your checking account attached.

#4706 vherub

vherub

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

grabbed year of the snake with some blue coins, nice deal

#4707 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

No fee if you've got your checking account attached.

Depending on what country the person you are sending money is in you still could get charged a small fee for transferring from your bank account as 'send money to family/friends' (aka the option that used to be called 'gift'). It happened to me recently on a transaction from someone on CAG, not sure what country he was from.

Thing is, you won't know until you go to actually do the transfer and enter the person's email address in.

steam_sig.png

#4708 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

CAG isn't just a name brand or a slogan to me, son. It's a way of life. It is branded into my flesh and seared into my soul. It permeates every atom of my being.

:D

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#4709 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Depending on what country the person you are sending money is in you still could get charged a small fee for transferring from your bank account as 'send money to family/friends' (aka the option that used to be called 'gift'). It happened to me recently on a transaction from someone on CAG, not sure what country he was from.

Thing is, you won't know until you go to actually do the transfer and enter the person's email address in.

Oh yeah? I've never been charged. I guess I've been lucky.

#4710 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Oh yeah? I've never been charged. I guess I've been lucky.

I can confirm this. I've done trades with several folks outside the U.S. and there is an international transaction fee tacked on even with "direct-from-checking."

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.