GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#31 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

It's not a GG deal, but it compliments the 1C Complete Pack they had on sale a few weeks ago. You can pick up Penumbra Collection and Dawn of Magic 2 for $5 total on Amazon this week.

I wouldn't mind grabbing Dawn of Magic 2, but I can't cause I am located in Canada.

Thanks for the fyi nonetheless.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#32 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

For those of you who purchased the Indie Fort Bundle from GamersGate and have been patiently waiting for the final secret unlock, it was unveiled today... Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol is now available for download in your games library. It's a 16-bit Windows 3.1 game from 1995 (which means it won't work on 64 bit systems). Enjoy...

Yes, this is serious. Words fail me. :drool:

#33 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Glad to see a thread for GG. the KoA deal is tempting.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#34 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

New sales today!

#35 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Strange sale this week. DLCs on sale but base games aren't (Shogun 2, Renegade Ops). Going to guess those will be daily deals during the week.

#36 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Strange sale this week. DLCs on sale but base games aren't (Shogun 2, Renegade Ops). Going to guess those will be daily deals during the week.

Here you go:

Day 1: Football Manager 2012 - 70% off
Day 2: Empire & Napoleon Total War - GOTY - 75% off
Day 3: Alpha Protocol - 80% off
Day 4: Renegade Ops - 66% off
Day 5: Shogun - Total War - 75% off
Day 6: Aliens vs Predator - 75% off
Day 7: Dreamcast Collection - 80% off

You can see these deals by changing the D# (D1, D2, D3, etc.) in:

http://www.gamersgat...segaweek_D1.jpg

Maybe this can be added to the OP.

#37 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Here you go:

Day 1: Football Manager 2012 - 70% off
Day 2: Empire & Napoleon Total War - GOTY - 75% off
Day 3: Alpha Protocol - 80% off
Day 4: Renegade Ops - 66% off
Day 5: Shogun - Total War - 75% off
Day 6: Aliens vs Predator - 75% off
Day 7: Dreamcast Collection - 80% off

You can see these deals by changing the D# (D1, D2, D3, etc.) in:

http://www.gamersgat...segaweek_D1.jpg

Maybe this can be added to the OP.

That would make Dreamcast Collection right around $6. That sounds like a really great deal but...

when I look at individual Dreamcast games I see "DRM Free". The Collection, for some ungodly reason, says "STARFORCE".

What the... ?

#38 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Man, I really want to grab Sonic CD, but I don't know if the $2.50 is worth it. (I've bought Sonic CD several times now, from the horrible PC version from the 90's to the actual Sega CD version.) It's hard to say no to the game since it was rebuilt and has nice features like Steam Achievements.

CAG's, is Sonic CD worth another round? What makes this new version truly stand out?

#39 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

For anyone interested, these are the DLCs that are not part of the Gamersgate Magicka Collection (according to the list on Steam):

Holiday Spirit $1.00
Horror Props Item Pack $1.50
Lonely Island Cruise $1.00
The Stars Are Left $2.98

So it looks like a total of $12.47 for the game and all DLC available compared to Steam's current Collection price of $24.99 or ~50% off. Anyone know if Steam puts the collection on sale for less than that? I have had this one on my wishlist for quite a while.

#40 vherub

vherub

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

I believe Sonic Cd is steam activated, right?

#41 TripJack

TripJack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

15% off for life? Hmm, wish I would've grabbed that before IGN nixed trial accounts. That discount can be used on games that on sale too right?

#42 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

15% off for life? Hmm, wish I would've grabbed that before IGN nixed trial accounts. That discount can be used on games that on sale too right?

Yes, it stacks.

#43 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Some newer stuff it only gives you the 15% in blue coins though.

#44 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I believe Sonic Cd is steam activated, right?

Yes, the DRM is "Steamworks." I'm still a bit torn on Sonic CD, which is odd considering the great price, but I'm not sure if I'd have the time to really appreciate it. I'm hoping a few CAG's will throw in their two cents on the game; The Retro Engine does sound intriguing.

#45 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

For anyone interested, these are the DLCs that are not part of the Gamersgate Magicka Collection (according to the list on Steam):

Holiday Spirit $1.00
Horror Props Item Pack $1.50
Lonely Island Cruise $1.00
The Stars Are Left $2.98

So it looks like a total of $12.47 for the game and all DLC available compared to Steam's current Collection price of $24.99 or ~50% off. Anyone know if Steam puts the collection on sale for less than that? I have had this one on my wishlist for quite a while.

Yeah, they do. It was $6.24 back in January, and one or two months after that, I think.. but the January collection was missing the lonely island cruise DLC. If you can wait for it to go on sale on Steam again and you want all of the DLC, you're better off buying it there.

#46 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Some newer stuff it only gives you the 15% in blue coins though.

You sure? I just tried a few of the newest games on the site and they all take 15% off the price upfront. It does show the amount off in blue coins, for if you're paying with them.

#47 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

You sure? I just tried a few of the newest games on the site and they all take 15% off the price upfront. It does show the amount off in blue coins, for if you're paying with them.

Positive, try it on Alan Wake. Maybe its just that game...but it gives me blue coins in place of the discount.

#48 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

Anyone know of any deals on Red Orchestra 2? Besides the Gamestop deal.

#49 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Positive, try it on Alan Wake. Maybe its just that game...but it gives me blue coins in place of the discount.

Oh wow. Not only that, but Alan Wake makes the entire cart give cashback instead. Thanks for the head's up. FAQ updated.

#50 vherub

vherub

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

today's deal is empire total war and napoleon bundle $7.49
http://www.gamersgat...-edition-bundle

#51 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Just a head's up... The Amazon rep has stated in their DD thread that they will be having a Sega sale the second half of the month with cheaper prices than GG.

Edited by SlightlyOffTrack, 01 May 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#52 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Just a head's up... The Amazon rep has stated in their DD thread that they will be having a Sega sale the second half of the month with cheaper prices than GG.

The only game I'm interested in is Sonic CD, which probably won't go lower than $2.50, but I'd be interested to see how the prices compare.

#53 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, they do. It was $6.24 back in January, and one or two months after that, I think.. but the January collection was missing the lonely island cruise DLC. If you can wait for it to go on sale on Steam again and you want all of the DLC, you're better off buying it there.

Thanks for the reply. I have so many games to play that I can wait for a Steam sale.

Quick question for anyone - If I was going to buy Shogun 2 is there any reason to buy the first one?

#54 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

is alpha protocol steam redeemable?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

There's a list of GamersGate games that activate on Steam on their forums, but it's not comprehensive. Alpha Protocol isn't on the list, but still it's not definitive.

Either way, adding link to original post.

#56 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

Quick question for anyone - If I was going to buy Shogun 2 is there any reason to buy the first one?

Yes, if you have a very slow PC or laptop then the original will run far more smoothly. Shogun 2 takes advantage of newer hardware and has reasonably high requirements (not killer, although the load times would probably be better on an SSD). Shogun 1 is also a lot easier than Shogun 2. Shogun 1 can be played without Steam, so if you're a Steam-hater, then that would be another reason to buy the original instead of 2. ;)

In terms of gameplay, Shogun 2 surpasses the original in every way, and given the identical setting, I'd recommend a different Total War game as an older companion title: Medieval 2 is excellent, IMO, although if you like your boats then Napoleon is also very good (and Steamworks).

#57 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'll definitely go in on this. Have you confirmed it includes DLC?

I can't speak from personal experience, but multiple people have said that it does.

It appears that most places outside of Steam bundle the DLC with the base game for the copies that they sell. I know that Amazon does, and I heard people who bought the game off of that Brazilian site said that it came with DLC. Now I hear that the Gamersgate copies have the DLC. looks like non-steam stores is the way to go when buying Renegade Ops.

#58 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

I can't speak from personal experience, but multiple people have said that it does.

It appears that most places outside of Steam bundle the DLC with the base game for the copies that they sell. I know that Amazon does, and I heard people who bought the game off of that Brazilian site said that it came with DLC. Now I hear that the Gamersgate copies have the DLC. looks like non-steam stores is the way to go when buying Renegade Ops.

BigSpoonyBard said his came with DLC and when I activated my copy just now it listed the DLC on the activation page.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#59 TreadLife

TreadLife

End of line.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Looking to get in on or host a group buy of the Renegade Ops 4 pack on GamersGate. PM me about it, please.
Posted Image

#60 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

BigSpoonyBard said his came with DLC and when I activated my copy just now it listed the DLC on the activation page.

Did you get both the Coldstrike Campaign DLC & the Reinforcements Pack DLC?