* * * * * 4 votes

GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#721 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

(Fist-bump) O:)

I go "camping" all the time...in the woods, in Call of Duty, in TF2....

It "hacking" that got me. How do you hack the tutor site? Do I need to build a TARDIS, travel to the future to answer GG questions for what amount to 50 cents?

EDIT: He need to update that profile cuz he's still answers questions ... lol

Really recommend answering the GameTutor question when you can, though, the coins do eventually add up and the questions are typically easy (most of it is "Will this work on Steam?"). Some thing don't change.

Wait, so you don't even need the right answer or the first answer? Or do you have to be the first answer to get the blue coins? Otherwise why would he care about camping?

The guy is obviously just noid, but he probably imagines you and others making some sort of script that notifies you immediately when a question is posted and opens the page so you can get first dibs.

#722 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Wait, so you don't even need the right answer or the first answer? Or do you have to be the first answer to get the blue coins? Otherwise why would he care about camping?

The guy is obviously just noid, but he probably imagines you and others making some sort of script that notifies you immediately when a question is posted and opens the page so you can get first dibs.

you need to answer the question right and also be to first to post the right answer. Typically its obvious who helped the OP and the mods will reward the guy but sometimes the OP will tell the mod to split up the reward so everyone who posts gets a cut.

EDIT: never even considered a script....too bad I can't program

#723 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

I know exactly where my original System Shock CD is, do you? ^_~ Awesome game, and I think it was probably the first game I played with a real 3D engine (unlike, Wolfenstein and Doom) -- everything felt so real.

I have System Shock 2 - I know where that is! :D
I don't have System Shock 1. :(

#724 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

I have System Shock 2 - I know where that is! :D
I don't have System Shock 1. :(

Wish GG, GOG, or Steam had System Shock 1 and 2 (miss that game) but I heard that the license is held by EA and some other insurance company (or something) which means that its Ebay or nothing.

#725 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

I guess AirBuccaneers is the Euro version of Guns of Icarus?

#726 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

I guess AirBuccaneers is the Euro version of Guns of Icarus?

It actually looks a little cooler :)

Nothing for me again, but good prices on Orcs 1 and Space Marine and Cryostasis.

Cryostasis is a good little horror game too.

#727 NoRainNoRainbow

NoRainNoRainbow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

Everyone who doesn't already own it needs to buy Cryostasis right now. For $2.59, you will not regret it.

#728 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

Everyone who doesn't already own it needs to buy Cryostasis right now. For $2.59, you will not regret it.

Isn't it going to be in Amazon's 1C Bundle for Labor Day?

#729 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, and you have the option of getting a steam key for it.. might as well wait until then if you have interest in any other 1C games.

#730 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Does anyone know why the prices on the Sims games went up? I was going to buy the Sims Medieval expansion, but they raised it from $4.99 to $9.98, and it looks like they also raised the prices on the rest of the Sims line.
Posted Image

#731 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Yeah, and you have the option of getting a steam key for it.. might as well wait until then if you have interest in any other 1C games.

Wait what? Where is confirmation for that? I thought I had been following that thread religiously, and I don't remember a preview of that being posted. Got a link?

Also: Updated OP with 8/22/12 daily deals.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#732 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Wait what? Where is confirmation for that? I thought I had been following that thread religiously, and I don't remember a preview of that being posted. Got a link?

Click on the little quote arrow button for the link, I'll leave this spoiler'd since the list is long.

Spoiler

#733 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Does anyone know why the prices on the Sims games went up? I was going to buy the Sims Medieval expansion, but they raised it from $4.99 to $9.98, and it looks like they also raised the prices on the rest of the Sims line.

Well, I wouldn't call it a glitch necessarily but EA week was only advertised as up to 50% off so either they fixed the error or it was a one day thing?

Yeah, Tony confirmed last week. 60 something games for $14.99 with steam keys for most I think.

#734 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Holy crap, that's ALOT for $15, and even buying Cryo separate puts it at $3.25 (he states all the games are 75% individually). Thanks, I'll definitely wait. especially for the Steam keys.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#735 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

So I missed a Sims 3 sale? ... Did it show on the 1st post? Just to feel bad, what was the price of Sims 3 and/or Sims 3 Deluxe?

fs_overall.png

#736 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

So I missed a Sims 3 sale? ... Did it show on the 1st post? Just to feel bad, what was the price of Sims 3 and/or Sims 3 Deluxe?

Everything was 75% off. So Sims 3 Reg was $7.49 I think and deluxe was $12.49. Most expansions were $4.99 and $9.99 for the Showtime one.

#737 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Everything was 75% off. So Sims 3 Reg was $7.49 I think and deluxe was $12.49. Most expansions were $4.99 and $9.99 for the Showtime one.

I could've bought Sims 3 :( Oh well. Thanks.

fs_overall.png

#738 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

I could've bought Sims 3 :( Oh well. Thanks.

Amazon is having a Sims 3 starter bundle on sale around labor day for a similar price point.

#739 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Trackmania tomorrow? That should be interesting. Racing games seem pretty rare as far as sales go.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#740 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Showtime Regular Ed was $7.49.
Showtime Katy Perry Ed was $10.

#741 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

looking to purchase Awesomenauts if anyone has extra...

76561198020429748.png

#742 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Ooh nice
Trine 2 $3.75
Stronghold Collection $5

Less certain:
TrackMania United Forever $9 -- this is the 2006/7 version, not the 2011 Trackmania Canyons (which is $20 not on sale)
Lego Harry Potter 1-4 $6.78

...updating wiki now

Edited by asheskitty, 23 August 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#743 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

Wiki updated, awaiting moderation.

#744 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Damn, I'm tempted by Trine 2...such a sexy game...

Made a quick edit to the OP as well, collectors edition is on sale too....
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#745 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

It's a shame GG doesn't have a Political Machine 4-pack.

#746 realkilla789

realkilla789

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I bought Trine 2, can some one tell me how to activate it on steam?

#747 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

I bought Trine 2, can some one tell me how to activate it on steam?

- Login to your GamersGate account and click All Games under My Shelf on the left-hand side menu in the My Library section

- Locate the game you want to activate on Steam in your games list and click on its icon/title

- On the right-hand side you will see the details of the game including a "Redeem Code" (if there isn't one, contact GamersGate support)

- Start the Steam client and login to your Steam account

- Select menu option Games -> Activate a Product on Steam and follow the prompts.

- Enter the Redeem Code when prompted - the game should then be added to your Steam game list

Hope this helps. Pretty simple but maybe should be added to the FAQ in the OP.

#748 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hmm, I was looking into the DRM on the Stronghold Collection. Amazon pitches the same thing as DRM-free. A discussion on GoG seems to point at the GG version having a one-time activation, probably offline CD-key (given the era of the original games).

#749 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

Not sure if anyone is a Front Mission fan, but Front Mission Evolved is on sale for $5.20 before IGN discount.

http://www.gamersgat...mission-evolved

The cheapest it's been on Steam is $7.50 from what I can see, and the game is Steamworks, so it seems like a solid deal.

The game gets some mixed reviews, especially since it's an action game (more like the Armored Core series), rather than a turn based strategy RPG like the rest of the Front Mission series. That said, the combat is supposed to be pretty solid, the graphics look pretty impressive, and the explosions are supposed to be gorgeous. The biggest complaints I've heard about it have been that the on-foot missions are boring, and that the voice acting is sub-par.

Just thought I'd bring it up since it's a game that rarely goes on a good sale. Amazon just had it for $9.99 a month or two ago. $5.20 is the best I've ever seen on it by far.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#750 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

op updated for 8/24/12 deals & Stardock deals. Nothing special. None of the Stardock games go more than 20% off, and all of them have had much better sales on Steam in the past few months. As for the dailies, meh.

Edited by walkonshadows, 24 August 2012 - 07:20 AM.