• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

Yay, I can finally approve my own wiki edits! :bouncy:

#813 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

IndieFort Championship Bundle is coming soon. Here's the unconfirmed list of games in it:

You'll be able to choose how many games you want at different prices (3 for $4, 6 for $7, 9 for $9).

#814 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

IndieFort Championship Bundle is coming soon. Here's the unconfirmed list of games in it:

You'll be able to choose how many games you want at different prices (3 for $4, 6 for $7, 9 for $9).

Hm, a lot of games I've never heard of before. Looks like I have some research to do.

Funny how Cardinal Quest is on that list twice though, lol.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#815 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

Those are some pretty good niche titles, which is what I use Gamersgate for primarily anyways. Tiny and Big is probably the most well known, pretty amusing game.

#816 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

Batman AA goty is
$4.24 /w IGN

I bought :)
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#817 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

New info on the gamersgate indiefort bundle:

http://gamingirrespo...-indie-bundle-3

#818 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

So basically don't buy until the last week? What's a maximize slot? Is it for void?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#819 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

So basically don't buy until the last week? What's a maximize slot? Is it for void?

Yeah, the maximized slot is for void. It's a combination these:

Empowered slots

Gives you an extra slot for a game from the same publisher.

Quickened slots

This upgrade reduces the slots cooldown 1 day for every 1 000 Blue Coins spent - up to a maximum of 10 000 Blue Coins.

It does seem best to wait until the last week to buy the bundle. BTW, it launches on monday. Seems like the "unconfirmed" list of games that I originally posted may not be all that accurate (the tweet included 26 games, while the bundle supposedly only has 15).

#820 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

I hope they add new games to Void soon (including some indie games). I was part of the beta so I've pretty much played all the games that I want to play. I wonder if they're actually making money out of the ads...

#821 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

The official list of games for the new IndieFort bundle:

http://www.ludocraft...-airbuccaneers/

The list I posted earlier was actually pretty accurate.

EDIT: and now an official trailer as well!

Edited by spoderman, 09 September 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#822 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

I've been waiting for a deal on Tiny and Big... Any of the other games worth it? These wouldn't unlock on Steam, I imagine.

#823 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

The Ludocraft site linked above has been down for hours. I'm not sure if the bundle went live and they had too much traffic or if there is some other problem. I don't see any mention of the bundle at Gamersgate's site.
Posted Image

#824 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

The Ludocraft site linked above has been down for hours. I'm not sure if the bundle went live and they had too much traffic or if there is some other problem. I don't see any mention of the bundle at Gamersgate's site.

It's live:

http://www.gamersgat...ndiefort-bundle

#825 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

Ooh, lots of games I've looked at often but never seriously considered buying. Anyone have any picks?

#826 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the info. Hmmm, wasn't 3079 in the IR Alpha Bundle? Passed on it then, but I wonder if that's one they will likely bring back?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#827 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Many of these have Linux ports - not that it'll ever happen, but I wish they'd either offer Linux downloads or at least keys...

#828 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the info. Hmmm, wasn't 3079 in the IR Alpha Bundle? Passed on it then, but I wonder if that's one they will likely bring back?

Several of these, including 3079, Will Fight for Food, Cardinal Quest, Hacker Evolution Duality, Girl with a Heart of, and at least one of the Decklin's Domain RPGs (unclear which) have been in various bundles before.

Ooh, lots of games I've looked at often but never seriously considered buying. Anyone have any picks?

Great price for some pretty good-looking old-school RPGs, Devil Whiskey and Demise, along with Telepath RPG (on the fence about this one). I was also intrigued by the descriptions of A Sirius Game and Girl with a Heart of. I think Sweden's getting some of my money. . . .

I'm personally unclear about why they're running this contest starting in two weeks. What incentive do you have to pick up a bundle early if you might be able to get those games cheaper by waiting until after the contest closes?

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#829 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Several of these, including 3079, Will Fight for Food, Cardinal Quest, Hacker Evolution Duality, Girl with a Heart of, and at least one of the Decklin's Domain RPGs (unclear which) have been in various bundles before.

Yeah, I have WFFF, Cardinal Quest, Hacker from other bundles. Missed out on the Girl With a Heart of and 3079 bundles though. Fixed the 3079 problem, but Girl with a Heart of still looks intriguing, but yes there is no incentive not to wait until the third week unless you just really need to play some games.

#830 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'd recommend Girl With a Heart of if you missed it in the GameDev bundle. It's odd, but it's a good odd.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#831 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

Man, I wish Krater was in the IndieFort Bundle, hehe. ;)

#832 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Interesting lineup... Air Buccaneers looks worth it for the price it usually is at, while games like Telepath RPG and DEMISE are like... what? Those games actually sell for around $30?

Project Black Sun looks amusing, but it's usually $1.99. Seems like a waste.

I will continue to dig through this pile of games... It's a bit overwhelming. >.>

bZ2g3eF.png

#833 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

They sell at that price because they're niche products that generally only sell to a dedicated fan base. It's actually pretty prevelant among indie RPGs particularly ones aping older games. Strategy games and Point and Click Adventure games as well. It's started to fade away, like how you can find Spiderweb Software's game for super cheap these days.

#834 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Grabbed the smallest bundle size with Demise Ascension, Dark Survivor, and Devil Whiskey. The two Decklin's Domain games likely won't end up on Steam, and even though Dark Survivor's on Greenlight it's not doing terribly well at 0%, and I'm interested in all three so what the hell.

Really pumped for Demise Ascension though.

Edit: Son of a bitch, Gamersgate tells me they're out of Demise Ascension keys after I ordered. Main reason I bought the bundle and now I can't play. Damn you Gamersgate!

Edited by SqueeMK2, 11 September 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#835 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Black Market looks interesting. Space sim, but the combat takes place in 2D side scrolling fashion. Has pretty good reviews too.

bZ2g3eF.png

#836 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Grabbed the smallest bundle size with Demise Ascension, Dark Survivor, and Devil Whiskey. The two Decklin's Domain games likely won't end up on Steam, and even though Dark Survivor's on Greenlight it's not doing terribly well at 0%, and I'm interested in all three so what the hell.

Really pumped for Demise Ascension though.

Edit: Son of a bitch, Gamersgate tells me they're out of Demise Ascension keys after I ordered. Main reason I bought the bundle and now I can't play. Damn you Gamersgate!

Wow. I was going to get this. Did they say if they were going to get more?

#837 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

IIRC, Demise Ascension had some horribly stupid way of activating the game. Not sure if that got changed. That alone would put me off from buying it lol

#838 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Wow. I was going to get this. Did they say if they were going to get more?

Nope, the message from Gamersgate is just a canned "We're out of keys message" as follows.
Edit: Whoops, you said "If", not "When". I guess that nope should be a yep.

Unfortunately, we are out of serial keys. The developers have been contacted and we will supply keys as soon as they are delivered to us. We apologize for the inconvenience. [2]

I tried downloading and installing Demise anyway, thinking maybe the key was only needed for multiplayer, but nope it's required to install. Strangely enough during the installer it specifically mentions sending their support (Decklin's Demise) an email if you don't have a key. I normally would've waited for Gamersgate to make good on the order, but since the installer specifically mentioned that I sent an email over to Decklin's telling them what happened and with a screenshot of my Gamersgate receipt.
I'll throw a post in this thread when it gets resolved one way or another. Just kinda bummed out I'm not crawling dungeons tonight.

#839 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Dark Scavenger is pretty amusing. It's sort of a hybrid between an old school turn based RPG and a bit of point and click adventure. Good sense of humour. Each little area you investigate tends to have one mandatory encounter, usually solved by fighting, but some can be worked around, and also has a few things to investigate which can lead to more fights or items. When you transition areas, you're taken back up to your spaceship so your crewmates can craft the loot into items. One guy does weapons, one items, and one finds you allies. You'll generally get 2 loot items per area, and you can only use each crafter once per area, so you can't stalk up on 100 weapons for example. Each item has a limited amount of uses. So you're constantly making choices about your arsenal and constantly getting a load of new toys to play with.

You'll use items mainly in battle, and the battle system is fairly simple turn based stuff, elemental or attack type weaknesses, etc. There are a TON of items in the game so you'll have a lot of fun combos pretty early on from summoning a vicious poodle to heat rays. The adventure game aspects also use the items. If you for instance, fall into a pit you can quickly save yourself by using a Sharp weapon to stick into the dirt and hang from it. Try the same action but use say, a gun and you'll find yourself falling into the pit. So it's all about managing your inventory of weapons, allies, and items so you don't run out. The game is broken into chapters though, which recharge all of your items to full (even if you used it all up) so you're pretty free to expirement as chapters aren't too long.

It's pretty simply but the constant feeding of new loot to turn into new stuff makes it fairly addicting, and the humor and general oddball story helps in that regard too.

#840 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

I picked up the 9 game bundle with Tiny & Big, Star Prospector, Project Black Sun, Telepath RPG, Sentinel 3, Oribitron Revolution, A Sirius Game, Will Fight For Food, and Zombie Football Carnage. I've got my eye on a couple of others, but none have reviews, so I'm hoping people will buy them during this promotion and post some reviews.
Posted Image