GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#901 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Wow, great price on KoA... Still a bit too much for me right now though. I'll grab it for $10.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#902 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Bought KoA Collection + NFS The Run for $19.10, I'm HAPPY!!!

EDIT: could someone update main post everyday? To buy EA games I have to use a proxy and its a pain in the ass.

Edited by ochentay4, 10 October 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#903 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

I think KoA is one of the first Origin required games? Outside of Steam? If it doesn't require Origin, it is definitely activated on Origin. Great deal on the entire package with the DLC.

BF3 required Origin before KOA:R (Non-Steam Versions) did.

Edited by MysterD, 10 October 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#904 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Still feeling cheated by IGN and their useless Prime. I actually considered buying a whole year because it felt like a good deal, but seeing how their website doesn't even work and I'm missing out these sales really pisses me off.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#905 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Still feeling cheated by IGN and their useless Prime. I actually considered buying a whole year because it felt like a good deal, but seeing how their website doesn't even work and I'm missing out these sales really pisses me off.

Has their customer service not responded about it yet?

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#906 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Not a single word from their customer service. Went into their forums for reporting errors and apparently I'm not the first to notice. Someone created a report there almost a month ago now and they still haven't heard from support either.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#907 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Not a single word from their customer service. Went into their forums for reporting errors and apparently I'm not the first to notice. Someone created a report there almost a month ago now and they still haven't heard from support either.

Did you email IGN Prime support? Or Gamersgate support? Or where is the problem at? If you never got a code I could email IGN about it. Even if you got a code and it didn't work.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#908 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

@DarkPGR Are you having trouble with GG not accepting the code IGN gave you? I did. The IGN page that provided me with my code for the GG discount generated a new code every day. It took 4 days until it generated a code that GG accepted. In the mean time I contacted IGN support through their webform. They got back to me in 1 business day.

#909 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Wow, great price on KoA... Still a bit too much for me right now though. I'll grab it for $10.

KOA:R is really good, but that Dead Kel DLC is EXCELLENT.

#910 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

The problem is on IGN's side. It just gives a server error whenever you try to get a code.

I am starting to lose hope and realize that IGN just scammed me out of my money. Frustrating and dissapointing to say the least.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#911 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

@DarkPGR: Here's what you need to do at the moment. Grab the games you want to buy in this sale, and proceed through the checkout process until you get to PayPal (or whatever method you use). At that point you'll receive a confirmation email. Now back out and don't pay yet. Your order should last a week or two (it lasted nearly a month once for me before it was deleted from the system). Once you sort things out, you should be able to follow the link included in the email and complete the process successfully.

Once you do that, message GamersGate with your issue. Their support is supposed to be pretty helpful and understanding from what I've heard (although I didn't have a great experience with them).

Let us know how things go.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#912 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Looks like the KOA stuff is off sale. EA Week cut short i guess.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#913 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Has their customer service not responded about it yet?

I e-mailed IGN support and even specifically one support member who mentioned being able to give out Gamers Gate discount keys about a week ago and have heard nothing yet.

#914 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

I e-mailed IGN support and even specifically one support member who mentioned being able to give out Gamers Gate discount keys about a week ago and have heard nothing yet.

Wow, that's really disappointing. Don't know why I assumed IGN would have better CS.

#915 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

GamersGate support is amazing. Sadly this issue is entirely on IGN's end and there isn't much GG can do about it. IGN support seems to be as bad, if not worse, as valve's.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#916 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

GamersGate support is amazing. Sadly this issue is entirely on IGN's end and there isn't much GG can do about it. IGN support seems to be as bad, if not worse, as valve's.

Well, your best bet is to do what I said to hopefully hold what games you want, and then explain your situation to GamersGate. Hope it works out. :/

bZ2g3eF.png

#917 vherub

vherub

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Mass effect 3 is $12 and Deluxe is $16
http://www.gamersgat...q=mass effect 3

#918 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

GTA Collection for $4.99 - GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Have them on the PS2, are there any graphic upgrades for PC?

#919 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

From my recollection playing VC & SA on the PC back in the day, the PC versions supported 800x600 resolution vs 640x480 interlaced on the PS2. So they looked a little sharper (nicer but not a big difference imo). I remember SA (I think VC did too) supported DirectInput controllers (e.g. RumblePad 2/F510) as well as KB/M.

Edit: And... I have a release-week hot-coffee-moddable version of SA. Yep yep, in a game heavy on gang violence and carjackings, adults having consensual sex is the real controversy.... only in Amerika*. ...come to think of it, I think the Taliban would agree as well.

* Citation: In the 1960s and early 1970s in the United States, leftists, particularly the Yippies, sometimes used "Amerika" rather than "America" in referring to the United States.[1] It is still used as a political statement today.[2] It is likely that this was originally an allusion to the German spelling of America, and intended to be suggestive of Nazism, a hypothesis that the Oxford English Dictionary supports.
In broader usage, the replacement of the letter "C" with "K" denotes general political skepticism about the topic at hand and is intended to discredit or debase the term in which the replacement occurs.[3] Detractors sometimes spell former U.S. president Bill Clinton's name as "Klinton" or "Klintoon".

Edited by asheskitty, 12 October 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#920 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I think I might jump on that. I was really close to picking up ME3 from Origin for $12 but this way I can use my IGN discount and theres no tax here.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#921 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Was thinking about it too, but they don't add on Steam and there's SecuROM either way. Somebody brought up the Steam GTA Complete Collection sale so I'll probably hold out for that.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#922 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

So instead of the 15% discount, Gamersgate now does a 15% worth of blue coins after purchase?

#923 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

So instead of the 15% discount, Gamersgate now does a 15% worth of blue coins after purchase?

It does that for specific games, such as Mass Effect 3 and Alan Wake. For most games it takes off 15% directly from the games price.

#924 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

It does that for specific games, such as Mass Effect 3. For most games it takes off 15% directly from the games price.

Oh, I see. Thanks.

15% off upfront would been awesome on ME3.

#925 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I think I might jump on that. I was really close to picking up ME3 from Origin for $12 but this way I can use my IGN discount and theres no tax here.

^_^ I know what you mean. I feel a little like a fool for jumping on Amazon's $16 ME3: DD, since I could have picked it up now for the same with a 15% mark-of-IGN discount (20% if you count blue coins)... I really need to keep that in mind for full-price games like Torchlight II.

#926 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

That's a GREAT deal.
ME3 is an excellent game, for the most part...
Spoiler

#927 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Sims 3 games, stuff packs, expansions, bundles, etc on sale today.
Sims 3: Showtime - Regular Edition [Expansion] (80% off) = $6
Most of them Sims 3 products = 60% off

EDIT:
I'm in for Showtime Regular.

Edited by MysterD, 13 October 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#928 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

That's a GREAT deal.
ME3 is an excellent game, for the most part...

Spoiler

Exactly. You might be one of the few who says it's brilliant (and I'll never understand those people), or you'll be like the majority who find it completely maddeningly bad.

But yes, other than that, fantastic game. Mulitplayer is a hoot! 150 hours+ so far for me. :D

#929 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Exactly. You might be one of the few who says it's brilliant (and I'll never understand those people), or you'll be like the majority who find it completely maddeningly bad.

But yes, other than that, fantastic game. Mulitplayer is a hoot! 150 hours+ so far for me. :D

It IS a brilliant game...until the last few minutes, honestly.

I do understand & agree w/ the complaints about the ending being not that good (before the Extended Cut) - but the rest of the game is absolutely FANTASTIC. The not-so-good last 5-10 minutes CANNOT destroy the other fantastic 40 hours or so that I spent w/ the SP.

I wish the ending was better and more fleshed-out (especially after 3 games)...but it just isn't. IMHO - I'm often NOT fully happy or NOT fully satisfied w/ how many games end, anyways. So many games leave strands hanging blatantly or end on abrupt notes like that - to set-up for DLC, expansions, sequels, etc. So, it IS a minor complaint on the ending, IMHO - and one of the few complaints I have about this game.

Granted, I ain't touched the game, since the Extended Cut came out. I should check out the Extended Cut ending - which I did DL & all.

EDIT:
While I did like the MP, I just wish when I played it that there were more MP maps and whatnot; and do wish that there was more variety in the objectives.

#930 mombbsmj

mombbsmj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up on The Sims. Just picked up Showtime and it activated on Origin as the Limited Edition.