Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#961 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Any thoughts on Risen and Risen 2? I keep reading the combat is absolutely horrible. For those that have played is it as bad as people make it out to be?

Risen is available to play for free on Gamersgate VOID. Try it out there and see how much you like it. Or play through it all the way and if you like it then wait for the next Risen 2 sale :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#962 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I'm sorry but games do not attach to your account like origin or steam. Yes, the serial code attachs to uplay but you cant install the game from uplay, you have to download the game from gamersgate/steam.

The only way you can download the game from uplay is if you bought the game from uplay client itself or ubisoft store page. If you dont believe me uninstall your game from steam or gamersgate and it will dissapear from uplay client.

Btw I tested this because it didn't sound right. It is absolutely untrue. Stam copies of the game do function how you mentioned.

However I bought assassins creed 2 from gamers gate. I installed it and it launched uplay with all my other uplay games and asked for a serial number. I put it in and the game worked great and shows up next to titles purchased from uplay directly. So I went a step further and uninstalled the game. I closed uplay and reopened it and the game was till there and had a download tab. I clicked the download button and it started downloading.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#963 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Btw I tested this because it didn't sound right. It is absolutely untrue. Stam copies of the game do function how you mentioned.

However I bought assassins creed 2 from gamers gate. I installed it and it launched uplay with all my other uplay games and asked for a serial number. I put it in and the game worked great and shows up next to titles purchased from uplay directly. So I went a step further and uninstalled the game. I closed uplay and reopened it and the game was till there and had a download tab. I clicked the download button and it started downloading.

:applause: Real testing, FTW!

#964 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

It's inconsistent. Some people have gotten their Steam copies to register/show up on the plain Uplay client.. while others haven't (like me).

#965 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

It's inconsistent. Some people have gotten their Steam copies to register/show up on the plain Uplay client.. while others haven't (like me).

I agree it's inconsistent with steam. I think other sources will register though.

23480.png

#966 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

This just proves steam is the devil.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#967 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Hmm, this is strange as I tested it with POP Sands of Time (Gamersgate), ACRevelations (Gamersgate) and The Dust (Steam) and they do not show up on Uplay after uninstalling. I will recheck again with gamersgate copies later on.

#968 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hmm, this is strange as I tested it with POP Sands of Time (Gamersgate), ACRevelations (Gamersgate) and The Dust (Steam) and they do not show up on Uplay after uninstalling. I will recheck again with gamersgate copies later on.

AC revelations on gamers gate worked for me the as,e way, so I'm not sure if it was patched in or what.

23480.png

#969 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Krater sale (b/c of CoOp Launch Day today) = 50% off

Krater requires STEAM

Krater: Shadows Over Solside - Regular Ed
-> 1 pack = $7.48
-> 2 pack = $14.95

Krater: Shadows Over Solside - Collector's Ed
-- Contains Krater: SOS + Dr. Cerebro Character Pack DLC + Digital soundtrack (12 tracks by Christian Gabel)
-> 1 pack = $10
-> 2 pack = $19.99

#970 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hmmm. Wish this game would hit 75% off. I will wait for then. (Krater)

#971 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

sounds more like yet another steam bug. That POS has never worked consistently or played nice with any other download client / store.

I remember this was also true for some Impulse games. Non-steam versions would grant you a free Impulse version, steam versions just were unwilling to work.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#972 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hey I'm looking to sign up for Gamersgate void service. It looks like if someone wants to recruit me for it then they'll receive a day off the cooldown time of their slot. Send me a PM if you're interested in inviting me. Otherwise, I'll just sign up on my own. But I figured that I should throw the opportunity out first.

#973 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hey I'm looking to sign up for Gamersgate void service. It looks like if someone wants to recruit me for it then they'll receive a day off the cooldown time of their slot. Send me a PM if you're interested in inviting me. Otherwise, I'll just sign up on my own. But I figured that I should throw the opportunity out first.

PM sent. :)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#974 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

I'm in this boat. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 shows up in the Steam launched UPlay but regular UPlay launch only shows me Settlers 7 and Assassin's Creed Revelations.

#975 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

I'm in this boat. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 shows up in the Steam launched UPlay but regular UPlay launch only shows me Settlers 7 and Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Again. I'm not saying its supposed to function that way with Steam. In general Ubi games from steam don't appear to register on uplay.

What I am saying is that Ubi games with serial numbers purchased elsewhere appear to activate on uplay. It may not be 100% but there is a very good chance.

23480.png

#976 vherub

vherub

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Sale on Settlers titles this weekend
http://www.gamersgat...settlersweekend

#977 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Killing Floore is also under $5. Kind of tempted to use up my remaining blue coins on it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#978 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

GamersGate is awesome. Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe was $64.99, before anything like IGN discount. And they give you 30% back in Blue Coins. This is the kind of deals that completely killed steam for me :D

Also, Settlers weekend looks tempting. Anyone can recommend any of the Settlers game? Never played any of them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#979 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Killing Floore is also under $5. Kind of tempted to use up my remaining blue coins on it.

Yessir. I bought a six pack. Cheaper than steam...lol

#980 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

GamersGate is awesome. Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe was $64.99, before anything like IGN discount. And they give you 30% back in Blue Coins. This is the kind of deals that completely killed steam for me :D

Also, Settlers weekend looks tempting. Anyone can recommend any of the Settlers game? Never played any of them.

Settlers 7 is pretty good. I would recommend if you have interest. 5 and 6 not so much.

#981 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

A discount code for 30% off Dark Souls just dropped on Twitter: DARK-SOULS-TWITTER-GGW43

It stacks with the IGN discount for a final price of $21.97, which is the cheapest I've seen the PC version so far.

#982 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

A discount code for 30% off Dark Souls just dropped on Twitter: DARK-SOULS-TWITTER-GGW43

It stacks with the IGN discount for a final price of $21.97, which is the cheapest I've seen the PC version so far.

Dark Souls: PTD will be $20 on Amazon DVG starting this upcoming Sunday...
...which Amazon DVG's Tony let us know, a few days back.

Edited by MysterD, 26 October 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#983 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Dark Souls: PTD will be $20 on Amazon DVG starting this upcoming Sunday.

Ooh, that's awesome to know. The GG deal could still be better for those with a bonny pile of blue coins, though. :)

#984 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Ooh, that's awesome to know. The GG deal could still be better for those with a bonny pile of blue coins, though. :)

And those of us who haven't yet adjusted to the "oh yeah, now I've gotta pay sales tax @ Amazon"

#985 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

And those of us who haven't yet adjusted to the "oh yeah, now I've gotta pay sales tax @ Amazon"

Still no sales tax in AZ... The one benefit to living here, I guess.

#986 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

No tax on PC game downloads here in MA, either.

#987 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

30% off Gods & Kings Civ V expansion with code CIV5GK-GOLDEN-JOYSTICK. If public education taught me how to math good, that's $21 after discount (plus whatever the IGN discount is).

Might be cheaper during one of the upcoming holiday sales hither and yon.

#988 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

http://www.eastvalle...19bb2963f4.html

23480.png

#989 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Today's deal is Dead Rising 2 for $5 (75% off).
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#990 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Oh wtf...

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png