Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#991 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

lol... well it is not steam... so you have that... but with discount you could have spent 4.25 vs. 7.49

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#992 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

lol... well it is not steam... so you have that... but with discount you could have spent 4.25 vs. 7.49

Hmm... Feels like this has happened before.

Me: "It's not gonna get cheaper than this, better buy it."

Steam (Next day): "Jade Empire 75% off!"

FML...

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#993 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

I hate how as a CAG I now have to choose between price and steam. It never used to be this way *cry*
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#994 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

You get about $0.21 back in Blue Coins as well, so it's about ~$4. :D Edit: forgot the $0.20 for reviewing and rating it, too. Still, at least Steam has a nice client. ;)

Very happy I didn't bite on Steam yesterday. :bouncy: Finally cleared out the blue coins I'd accumulated through pre-orders, purchases and reviews.

#995 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Got it, thanks.

Edited by gilby, 01 November 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#996 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Bought Ghostbusters. Neat little gem. Added to my Sacred 2 gem.

#997 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Hmm... Feels like this has happened before.

Me: "It's not gonna get cheaper than this, better buy it."

Steam (Next day): "Jade Empire 75% off!"

FML...

I hate how as a CAG I now have to choose between price and steam. It never used to be this way *cry*

If it were DRM-free, I'd probably be kinda pissed. But since Gamersgate's version has SecuROM, I'd rather have it on steam (yes, I know steam is DRM, but it's convenient). Not that I'm all that fanatical about wanting DRM-free versions of games, but it's enough of a factor to not be bothered about paying the extra $3.

Bought Ghostbusters. Neat little gem. Added to my Sacred 2 gem.

I'm kinda surprised that they still have the game for purchase. It's been yanked from every other digital store on the web. I had to trade a copy of King's Bounty Platinum to get my copy on steam.

57j.gif

#998 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

If it were DRM-free, I'd probably be kinda pissed. But since Gamersgate's version has SecuROM, I'd rather have it on steam (yes, I know steam is DRM, but it's convenient). Not that I'm all that fanatical about wanting DRM-free versions of games, but it's enough of a factor to not be bothered about paying the extra $3.

I'm kinda surprised that they still have the game for purchase. It's been yanked from every other digital store on the web. I had to trade a copy of King's Bounty Platinum to get my copy on steam.

Steam version has additional DRM too though, so it's really a wash. Securom has a bad rep but it's just as bad/benign as anything else nowadays.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#999 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Steam version has additional DRM too though, so it's really a wash. Securom has a bad rep but it's just as bad/benign as anything else nowadays.

If a game has a Steam Version, the Steam Version should use Steam ONLY for DRM...and that's it.

#1000 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

You're trying to make me feel bad, aren't you?

Now all I have to cling to is the convenience of Steam. :(

57j.gif

#1001 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

You can use promo code G2PO for 5% off a purchase. No idea if it stacks with IGN discount or not.

5% obviously ain't much but it took a quarter off my Dead Rising 2 purchase for no effort on my end so why not?

Huh, it works on Blue Coin purchases as well. I bought 1,000 coins for 95¢ -- Sticking it to the man!

Edit: Code is reusable.

Edited by Syntax Error, 02 November 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#1002 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

If a game has a Steam Version, the Steam Version should use Steam ONLY for DRM...and that's it.

This is definitely the way it should be.

You're trying to make me feel bad, aren't you?

Now all I have to cling to is the convenience of Steam. :(

Yeah, I already have it on PS3 so I would probably have been in your boat otherwise. Sad thing, is I am still tempted for the gamersgate version for being so cheap and getting me a foolish minion. Damn you GG and your stupid minions.

You can use promo code G2PO for 5% off a purchase. No idea if it stacks with IGN discount or not.

5% obviously ain't much but it took a quarter off my Dead Rising 2 purchase for no effort on my end so why not?

Thanks! Put me over the edge to get that Haunted House game.

Edit:

You want to know how evil I am? Once said it worked on blue coins - I bought blue coins with discount. Then bought the game with the blue coins AND the discount and IGN discount! Double 5% dip for the win!!!

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 02 November 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#1003 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

You're a CAG hero to us all! :applause:

#1004 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Yessir. Stocked up on some blue coins for the winter sale. Probably will last me through next summer since I only want like 2 games come winter, but figure why not.

#1005 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Hmm, now I'm tempted to buy a bunch of Blue Coins too.

57j.gif

#1006 Spyky

Spyky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I dunno about stocking up blue coins.. It seems like you don't get the 5% Blue Coin reward by buying blue coins, so effectively you aren't saving anything by using the coupon on blue coins?

EDIT: nevermind, I need to revise my maths :X

#1007 Bzzzzzt!

Bzzzzzt!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Remember, if you aren't completely sure you're going to buy something from Gamersgate during the upcoming sales, you can always begin the transaction for the discounted coins right now, and complete it in the future per this earlier post.

#1008 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

You can use promo code G2PO for 5% off a purchase.

Spoiler
Code is reusable.

You want to know how evil I am? Once said it worked on blue coins - I bought blue coins with discount. Then bought the game with the blue coins AND the discount and IGN discount! Double 5% dip for the win!!!

Ooh, awesome, thanks! Just bought 5,000 blue coins and then Dead Rising 2 both with code. Seriously tempted to pickup $20 in blue coins for future sales ; I seem to buy from GG often enough...

Remember, if you aren't completely sure you're going to buy something from Gamersgate during the upcoming sales, you can always begin the transaction for the discounted coins right now, and complete it in the future per this earlier post.

Thanks for the reminder.

#1009 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Condemned is the DOTD
http://www.gamersgat...riminal-origins
$3.74
$2.99 after IGN discount and g2po

You also get $.15 in blue coins and if you bought the blue coins first with the discount you can double dip a bit.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#1010 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Condemned is the DOTD
http://www.gamersgat...riminal-origins
$3.74
$2.99 after IGN discount and g2po

You also get $.15 in blue coins and if you bought the blue coins first with the discount you can double dip a bit.

Great game. How much was it recently on Steam? Tempted to double dip since I used to have this on 360.

#1011 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Great game. How much was it recently on Steam? Tempted to double dip since I used to have this on 360.

$5 I think. It was a good game when it came out but It's almost 8 years old. It had plenty of flaws as well but it was unique enough that you could look past them. I'm not sure how well it held up but is suspect bot well.

#1012 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

It was $7.50 on the Steam Halloween sale, and I said, "This game is old and should be cheaper". And now it is and I still don't want to buy it because I can wait for it to be this price again.
Posted Image

#1013 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

I feel sorry for anyone who bought anything directly from steam, GamersGate had a lot of games either cheaper because of IGN / Loyalty Program, or just plain out cheaper.

BTW, IGN has codes again, so if anyone was waiting on them to get their shit together, go grab them!

Also, GG Support gave me back 15% on purchases I made this last month because of IGN's screwup. So happy :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1014 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

This is also a great deal for those looking for Assassin's Creed 3 for cheap:

Buy $48 worth of blue coins for $45.60
Pay $47.45 in Blue Coins for the game (After G2PO code)

You get 24850 ($24.85) back in Blue Coins for the purchase (with IGN Code included), plus the 550 left for 25400 ($25.40) back. Essentially, you get the game for $22 and change.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1015 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

This is also a great deal for those looking for Assassin's Creed 3 for cheap:

Buy $48 worth of blue coins for $45.60
Pay $47.45 in Blue Coins for the game (After G2PO code)

You get 24850 ($24.85) back in Blue Coins for the purchase (with IGN Code included), plus the 550 left for 25400 ($25.40) back. Essentially, you get the game for $22 and change.

That's a pretty good deal. It was a bit better a few weeks ago during the assassins creed week because the deluxe version was only 64.99.

#1016 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

That's a pretty good deal. It was a bit better a few weeks ago during the assassins creed week because the deluxe version was only 64.99.

Yeah, I got in on that deal. Still for anyone who missed out on that, this is the next best, and probably the best price for the PC version for at least the next 6 months.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1017 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

You can get Assasin's Creed 3 Deluxe for a net of $32.98 after IGN and including Blue Coins.

$64.99
-$9.75 ign discount
$55.24 out of pocket

19497 BLC. BONUS
2762 BLC. 5% OF ORDER TOTAL
22259 BLC TOTAL.

$22.26 in store credit

Making the game a net cost of $32.98

You could of course get standard a bit cheaper. Net of $25.35

For reference. Looks like base game is a better deal now but not deluxe.

#1018 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Condemned: Criminal Origins... Will this sale ever end? My wallet can't take it anymore! :D

#1019 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

You think that's bad... don't look at the GoG weekend sale then...
$2.39 for Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper 1, 2, NOX, Populus, Alpha Centauri, Ultima Games, Wing Commander Games... I feel certain I'll be at least $12 poorer by Monday.

#1020 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

They just posted a code for 30% off Darksiders II : DARK2-FACE-BOOK-30GG

Most likely stacks with everything so you can get the game really cheap :P
Posted ImagePosted Image