GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#1081 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I did try to get the freeware version to work when it first came out, but it was a huge pain in the ass if you didn't have Japanese font installed on your computer, so I am happy to throw down $5 for an updated hassle-free version and support the devs at the same time.

I wasn't aware of the censorship, but honestly, it doesn't bother me since this game will make you feel like a bit of a creeper anyway.

Ah cool, thanks for sharing your experience. It's definitely something I'm considering, the slightly-censored angle displeased me. I'm known for being without shame, so censorship bothers me. I think I'll try to give the original a shot. I think the last game I played in this sub-genre was Arcana Heart (or it's the one I remember the best).

#1082 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

I just redeemed my GG DS2 key (just the base DS2 key). Steam reports: "Darksiders 2 - Preorder Retail" and my right-click DLC-tab indicates Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, & Skeletal Axe of Rending.

#1083 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I just redeemed my GG DS2 key (just the base DS2 key). Steam reports: "Darksiders 2 - Preorder Retail" and my right-click DLC-tab indicates Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, & Skeletal Axe of Rending.

Yup mine did the same thing, this is def the best deal for darksiders 2 since it comes with the pre order stuff =)

#1084 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

just picked it up as well with the ign + g2po discount for 13.71.

#1085 BuiltNOTBought

BuiltNOTBought

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Just picked up the 3 STALKER games for $9.39 after IGN and G2PO. Purchased with blue coins that were picked up with the G2PO. I like hanging around here cause you guys teach me how to be cheaaaaap as Fuck and it feels good.

Thinking of adding a bunch more blue coins before the code expires, but don't want all my black friday eggs in one basket.

#1086 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Picked up DSII and the season pass. Edges out Amazon, especially with how the code redeems on Steam with more DLC.

No, you do not want all your black friday pc games eggs in just the gamersgate basket, there is way too many other fish in the sea!

#1087 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Not a deep sale but I noticed that GG seems to be the only people besides Steam carrying Scribblenauts Unlimited (pre-order). GG is 10% cheaper out of the gate ($26.99 vs $29.99) and you can get that down to $20.79 between IGN, G2PO on the game and G2PO on $20 worth of blue coins.

#1088 rslater

rslater

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Crusader Kings II + assorted DLC apart from the one released today is 75% off.

#1089 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

They've also discounted Orcs Must Die! 2 (and OMD2 Complete). The two-pack is good value, too! Don't forget the 5% discount code: G2PO

Some great deals from GG again these past couple of weeks. After a stunning Q3/Q4 2011, they've been neglecting the great deals a bit for most of 2012, so it's nice to see them kicking ass again (especially considering our discounts and blue coins!).

#1090 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

GG is the only non-steam source of CK2 for the USA. It is DRM-free. About damn time GG put CK2 on a 75% sale. Hit 75% on Amazon almost 6 months ago.

Some great deals from GG again these past couple of weeks. After a stunning Q3/Q4 2011, they've been neglecting the great deals a bit for most of 2012, so it's nice to see them kicking ass again (especially considering our discounts and blue coins!).

The GG Summer Sale (4-weeks, August) was pretty strong.

#1091 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Orcs Must Die Goatee for ~$2.50 after all the discounts - might finally bite on this game...

#1092 rslater

rslater

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Well, I'm a fucking idiot - didn't do my homework on whether or not CKII dlc from Gamersgate would work with my base game on Steam...

Edited by rslater, 20 December 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#1093 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

For those looking for Steam editions of Crusader Kings 2 DLC, Gamestop also has all of it save for the Sunset Invasion for 75% off as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#1094 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Well, I'm a fucking idiot - didn't do my homework on whether or not CKII dlc from Gamersgate would work with my base game on Steam... so I'm giving away
Sword of Islam
Legacy of Rome
Byzantine Unit Pack
Shield Pack II

If you need any of these, drop me a PM and I'll gift.

Contact GamersGate support - they're usually pretty good about giving refunds.
Although if these are DRM-free and you've already clicked the Download button...

#1095 rslater

rslater

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

For those looking for Steam editions of Crusader Kings 2 DLC, Gamestop also has all of it save for the Sunset Invasion for 75% off as well.

Thanks a lot for this!

Contact GamersGate support - they're usually pretty good about giving refunds.
Although if these are DRM-free and you've already clicked the Download button...

I really appreciate the help, and if I'd bought at full price I most certainly would, but it's not much of a punch in the wallet so I figured I'd just see if anyone was interested.

#1096 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Awesomenauts is on sale, same as on Steam, but with a much better deal; the 3-pack is $9.99, with IGN $8.49 which means ~$2.83 per copy.

So I guess the question then is, will it go to 75% off on Steam during the BF / holiday sales? Hmm...
76561197996844513.png

#1097 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hmmm, Zafehouse Diaries is now on Gamersgate:

http://www.gamersgat...fehouse-diaries

Don't know if it is on Greenlight or not.

33% off for the first week.

I just bought it on Desura during their Halloween sale for about the same price, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Looks fun/interesting though. A little like a board game.

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 18 November 2012 - 08:15 AM.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1098 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

New daily is Silverfall Earth Awakening:

http://www.gamersgat...earth-awakening

$3.75

Doesn't look bad for that type of game. Chance it will be in an indie bundle?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1099 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

New daily is Silverfall Earth Awakening:

http://www.gamersgat...earth-awakening

$3.75

Doesn't look bad for that type of game. Chance it will be in an indie bundle?

Never heard of it before now, so...yes?

#1100 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Severose reviewed it on GG, maybe he could chip in here.

#1101 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yeah, but his review says it is an expansion. So does that mean you need the base game?

Also, company is Focus Home Interactive, any of their games been in bundles?

#1102 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

LMFAO! Okay, don't take any of my reviews seriously. All of them are for BlueCoins. ;)

But yes, Earth Awakening is an expansion to Silverfall:

An expansion for the Windows version of the game, entitled Silverfall: Earth Awakening, was released in 2008. Silverfall: Gold Edition was also released in 2008, containing the main game as well as the expansion.

However, I don't believe that the expansion requires the base game. If you'd like me to, I can check for you. But in order for that to happen, you have to play Yeti Hunter. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1103 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I suppose it's better than doing -that thing- with smurfs to get bluecoins. =) Thanks for chiming in.

I'm not certain but I have a hazy recollection of talk of a Focus Home Interactive bundle on Amazon.

#1104 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

About Silverfall (original) + Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion):

If you plan on playing original Silverfall...
MAKE SURE you have BOTH Silverfall (original) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) and that you do install them TOGETHER right into the same game folder.
Earth Awakening fixes so many technical issues w/ performance improvements; and has a lot of UI and camera fixes and improvements (which is for both games), it ain't even funny.
They (Monte Cristo Game Studios) NEVER patched all of that stuff into the original Silverfall game alone.
You NEED Earth Awakening for all the UI and camera improvements for the Original game!
BTW, RIP, Monte Cristo Game Studios!

If you only install the original Silverfall - you'll be missing out on tons of UI and camera improvements that only Earth Awakening gives you that it ain't even funny....
As someone who played Silverfall (original) before Earth Awakening came out, I'm telling you - the differences and improvements are like day and night here.

Earth Awakening is a stand-alone expansion, so you could always play that alone w/out installing Silverfall (original).
You'd have all of the UI fixes, camera fixes, and all of that stuff - b/c that stuff just comes w/ Earth Awakening period.

EDIT - Nov. 18, 2012:
You can read some of my thoughts that I wrote years ago on Silverfall + Earth Awakening...

Silverfall (original) [before Earth Awakening was released]:
Part 1.
Part 2.

Silverfall: Earth Awakening:
Part 1.
Part 2.

Edited by MysterD, 18 November 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#1105 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

GG has Torchlight 2 on sale for $15, before IGN and G2PO. And the 4-pack is $45. (Less than $10 per)

A couple things 50% off a little below the radar:
$2.50 for Cold Zero - The Last Stand (DRM-free) -- Tactical Action game with positive reviews
$5 for Demigod (Steam)

Edited by asheskitty, 19 November 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#1106 vherub

vherub

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Looks like they are running a Thanksgiving week sale with daily deals

#1107 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Here's hoping for a Daily on Torchlight II. 25% isn't enough to nibble at.

#1108 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Here's hoping for a Daily on Torchlight II. 25% isn't enough to nibble at.

If you can find four people who want it for the four-pack and the buyer has IGN + G2PO then it comes out to less than $10 per copy (over 50% off). Debating whether to host it myself...

#1109 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

If you've waited this long you might as well wait a few more days to see if Torchlight 2 gets further discounted as a daily during the course of the Thanksgiving sale.

#1110 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

If you've waited this long you might as well wait a few more days to see if Torchlight 2 gets further discounted as a daily during the course of the Thanksgiving sale.

I have a feeling it won't. Typically sales places are across the board. Maybe they have a special deal with just steam on the price point...but it may not be cheaper than on GG with all the applicable coupons