GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#1111 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

If you've waited this long you might as well wait a few more days to see if Torchlight 2 gets further discounted as a daily during the course of the Thanksgiving sale.

That's what I'm doing. If I can't get 50% -> 15% -> 5% off, I won't bother. Backlog is too large anyway and I need to start getting selective.

#1112 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

About Silverfall (original) + Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion):

If you plan on playing original Silverfall...
MAKE SURE you have BOTH Silverfall (original) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) and that you do install them TOGETHER right into the same game folder.
Earth Awakening fixes so many technical issues w/ performance improvements; and has a lot of UI and camera fixes and improvements (which is for both games), it ain't even funny.
They (Monte Cristo Game Studios) NEVER patched all of that stuff into the original Silverfall game alone.
You NEED Earth Awakening for all the UI and camera improvements for the Original game!
BTW, RIP, Monte Cristo Game Studios!

If you only install the original Silverfall - you'll be missing out on tons of UI and camera improvements that only Earth Awakening gives you that it ain't even funny....
As someone who played Silverfall (original) before Earth Awakening came out, I'm telling you - the differences and improvements are like day and night here.

Earth Awakening is a stand-alone expansion, so you could always play that alone w/out installing Silverfall (original).
You'd have all of the UI fixes, camera fixes, and all of that stuff - b/c that stuff just comes w/ Earth Awakening period.

EDIT - Nov. 18, 2012:
You can read some of my thoughts that I wrote years ago on Silverfall + Earth Awakening...

Silverfall (original) [before Earth Awakening was released]:
Part 1.
Part 2.

Silverfall: Earth Awakening:
Part 1.
Part 2.

This is why CAG is awesome. Thanks! I might just bite on this because of you!

#1113 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Silverfall went on my wishlist. I hope to snag the complete version on sale.

GG seems to be running 4 daily deals/day to celebrate the dispossession of the Native American people.

Not a daily but they have a Deponia and The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav bundle for $16.

#1114 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

If anyone purchased assassins creed 3 on gamersgate you get a 50% off coupon which you could use for any other assassins creed title. You can put that towards the complete collection (which includes all the 4 titles now not just the first 3):
http://www.gamersgat...llection-bundle
Ended up costing me round $20. (IGN discount wasnt working with this purchase for whatever reason but GTP0 was and it subtracted off the original $44.00)

If anyone would like to purchase this send me a PM or if you're looking to get in on the deal might be worth waiting to see if it becomes a daily deal.

#1115 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Anybody got their AC 3 keys yet? When I get to my games page on GamersGate, I see "unused serial keys", and two link for download extras, but no key or installation instructions.

#1116 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Someday Anno 2070 will be at a real enough sale to warrant buying it but today isn't that day.

#1117 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well, got AC3 installed, but my deluxe content is missing...

EDIT: Ok. I figured it out. The same serial you use to activate the game you have to use again in the game (under the extras > redeem code menu) to unlock the additional content. A bit weird and counter-intuitive, but it worked.

Edited by Das_Regal, 20 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#1118 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Someday Anno 2070 will be at a real enough sale to warrant buying it but today isn't that day.

They have been really stingy with sales on that game and it's not like it's new or anything.

I like that style of game well enough that I would have bought it by now if it weren't for the draconian DRM tages layered on top of UPlay.

Oh well, maybe in 2013 or 2014 when they come to their senses and patch out that Tages and put it on a $10 or below sale then I will bite.

#1119 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

I would say if you like ARPG's like Sacred 2, Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World; and you like steampunk settings...
It's definitely worth playing Silverfall + Earth Awakening.
ESPECIALLY if you can get them real cheap!

I enjoyed the hell out of Silverfall + Earth Awakening.

#1120 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Just curious - can anyone in the US see Sacred 2 Gold? I was able to buy it for US$5.99 (less my IGN discount). I think it's a special situation where, living in Puerto Rico, I have prices in US$, but some of the region restricted games are available.

Workin on it

#1121 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Just curious - can anyone in the US see Sacred 2 Gold? I was able to buy it for US$5.99 (less my IGN discount). I think it's a special situation where, living in Puerto Rico, I have prices in US$, but some of the region restricted games are available.

I believe the way US users have to buy this one is through the UK site. Like it will show up on your shelf, but you have to do it through the .uk address I think.

So I do think this might be a special situation.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1122 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

I believe the way US users have to buy this one is through the UK site. Like it will show up on your shelf, but you have to do it through the .uk address I think.

So I do think this might be a special situation.

This is correct. Living in the US, we just need to hit up gamersgate.co.uk and use our usual GG account and buy it in GBP instead of USD.

#1123 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

New deals today:

Deus Ex Collection - $11.24
Torchlight 1 - $3.73 (it was $1.78 right at midnight)
Tropico 4 - $7.48
SPAZ - $2.49

Not a bad deal on the Deus Ex collection.

Edit:

Also, someone keep me from buying this:

http://www.gamersgat.../the-real-texas

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1124 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

New deals today:

Deus Ex Collection - $11.24
Torchlight 1 - $3.73 (it was $1.78 right at midnight)
Tropico 4 - $7.48
SPAZ - $2.49

Not a bad deal on the Deus Ex collection.

Edit:

Also, someone keep me from buying this:

http://www.gamersgat.../the-real-texas

Tropico 4 was $2.55 too. DRM:Unknown though

#1125 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Tropico 4 was $2.55 too. DRM:Unknown though

Let's not dwell on the past, my dear.

#1126 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

The only steamable Tropico 4 can be bought on Steam.

#1127 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

GG managed to troll me by putting Torchlight on sale and getting my hopes up before realizing it wasn't TL 2.

Well played, GamersGate. Well played.:bomb:

#1128 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

About Silverfall (original) + Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion):

Spoiler

I would say if you like ARPG's like Sacred 2, Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World; and you like steampunk settings...
It's definitely worth playing Silverfall + Earth Awakening.
ESPECIALLY if you can get them real cheap!

I enjoyed the hell out of Silverfall + Earth Awakening.

And now Silverfall Complete is on Steam for $3.74 through the 27th. I snagged it right away. (Unlikely it'll go lower, and I don't want to forget.)

Steam freaked me out with 21+10GBs of download, wound up being just 10GB total. Apparently Earth Awakening is just 224MB on top of the base.

#1129 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

GG managed to troll me by putting Torchlight on sale and getting my hopes up before realizing it wasn't TL 2.

Well played, GamersGate. Well played.:bomb:

Not only that, but there was a price mistake on TL1. Imagine if TL2 was a daily and it had a price mistake..

#1130 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

A dev posted this on the Steam forums, new indie bundle coming soon..

Hello, I am one of the developers behind War of the Human Tanks.

Since we are involved with the IndieFort Countdown bundle, I would like to clarify a few things that are misunderstood on the posts earlier in this thread. But first let me thank emcee80 for mentioning our bundle here. I'll start with an edited version of his post, I added hyperlinks to every game and a mention of their STEAM/Greenlight status.

IndieFort Countdown Bundle:

Week 1:
Aeon Command (Greenlight)
Genetrive 2
Space Pirates and Zombies (STEAM)
Waveform (STEAM)

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

Week 3:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)
Bridge It
Eryi's Action (Greenlight)
Terrorhedron

Week 4:
Achron (STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription (STEAM)
Orczz (Greenlight)
Syder Arcade (Greenlight)

Week 5
War of the Human Tanks (Greenlight)
Will Fight for Food (Greenlight)
Zafehouse: Diaries (Greenlight)
Zombie Shooter 2 (STEAM)

Pricing: $4/week. For each bundle you buy, the next bundle you can get for $1 off the price.

Launches: Black Friday 2012

Each week has 4 games for a total of 20 games at the end of five weeks. We also have bonuses that will unlock with sale number goals that include 7 more games, 6 OSTs and an add-on.

This bundle is hosted by GamersGate, so you will get a key for them all there.

Also all games on this bundle that have Steam versions already present will give Steam keys to add them to your Steam account. Marked those with (STEAM) above.

And the rest are all on Greenlight (except 3) and you will get a Steam key for those too, when they are greenlit with your votes. So don't forget to vote YES for them. Marked those with (Greenlight) above.

#1131 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Not only that, but there was a price mistake on TL1. Imagine if TL2 was a daily and it had a price mistake..

If that happens ill be all over a 4 pack Or you get all over a 4 pack

#1132 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I paid more than twice that for Zafehouse Diaries on Desura during their halloween sale. Oh well, already had most of the other games in those bundles.

#1133 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Borderlands 2 (4 pack) - $134.89

With IGN discount and G2PO:

$107.91

$26.97 per person.

I'm very tempted, but I think I'm gonna wait until a GOTY, especially since I'm only half way through the first one.

Workin on it

#1134 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Borderlands 2 (4 pack) - $134.89

With IGN discount and G2PO:

$107.91

$26.97 per person.

I'm very tempted, but I think I'm gonna wait until a GOTY, especially since I'm only half way through the first one.

There probably will be at least 5 DLC's (the 4 Season Pass DLC's + any Non-Season DLC's like the New Mechromancer Class DLC Pack), anyways... ;)

#1135 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

About those IndieFort bundles; it said that each bundle will be $4, and for each bundle you buy, the next will be a dollar off. Does that mean that someone who purchases the first 4 will get the last one free?

#1136 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

About those IndieFort bundles; it said that each bundle will be $4, and for each bundle you buy, the next will be a dollar off. Does that mean that someone who purchases the first 4 will get the last one free?

I doubt that it stacks, you probably just get $1 off each bundle. We won't know for sure until it goes live though.

#1137 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I doubt that it stacks, you probably just get $1 off each bundle. We won't know for sure until it goes live though.

You're probably right... but how awesome would it be if it did stack :). It would basically come out to 20 games for $10, minus any bonuses. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep dreaming...

#1138 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Did anyone else get in in the $4.49 Alan Wake deal? I got mine for like $3.40ish after discounts ;)

#1139 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I hovered for a second before dismissing it. I already have it on 360.

I COULD HAVE BOUGHT IT!!! AND SOLD IT HERE FOR $6!!! AND MADE A MILLION DOLLARS!!! :( (I'm not Captain Math)

#1140 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

my IGN discount disappeared for apparently no reason. Is there any way to get it back? I really wanted to get Borderlands 2 4-pack too

edit: weird it just came back. thank god lol