7798 replies to this topic

#1981 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

some people just want to watch the world burn

LOL.

Well at this point I have to think that GG is trolling all of us. That or they don't GAF about money and just want some attention driven away from Steam.

#1982 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

weird, I never got into paypal to pay for it but I got a receipt from GamersGate for the purchase
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#1983 AloX

AloX

Something

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Why do people tell slickdeals?

http://slickdeals.ne...uck-all-who-are

For the repsssss

#1984 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Well at this point I have to think that GG is trolling all of us. That or they don't GAF about money and just want some attention driven away from Steam.

I think that witch's hex I paid for after the IGN discount debacle was the best $9 I ever spent at a carnival sideshow.

#1985 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Would love to buy 1 key form one fellow CAG.

Aren't we all?

#1986 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

So, I finally managed to view one of my keys, but it still says the other 3 are "only giftable". Is this normal for 4 packs? It forces you to gift the other copies, and you can't see the keys?

#1987 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

So, I finally managed to view one of my keys, but it still says the other 3 are "only giftable". Is this normal for 4 packs? It forces you to gift the other copies, and you can't see the keys?

Yeah when I got it from Amazon, that is how it works.

>>if it is the same, you put in the key, then it puts game in your steam library and 3 more giftable versions in your inventory.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#1988 xpolock

xpolock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

I got an email from gamersgate stating that its a receipt to confirm my order, though I never put in any info. Anyone else get that?

#1989 henrylin22

henrylin22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

well i still have 4 extra copies. offer away. ;D

#1990 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

I get that this is CHEAPASS Gamer, and that there are a million other people willing to take each CAG's place in line for these deals, but I can't help but feel like I'm watching some grotesque act being performed on an innocent child, each person taking their turn(s) as they please.

Analogy set aside, it's okay, to me, if a few (< 20 or so) people get in on the deal, but seeing their servers overwhelmed by the hordes of people taking advantage of the mistakes is just too much for me. I have nothing against anyone here, and this is nothing personal, but it's disgusting to me to see this, even the two (now) major times that it's happened.

If this keeps happening, GamersGate could go out of business, or another possibility is that publishers simply won't have their games listed on GamersGate's site since this HEAVILY devalues their games every time it happens. I'm not sure how much they're losing from these mistakes, but I would imagine it measures fairly large seeing that their servers take a HEAVY beating every time it happens.

It seriously depresses me to see this, but like I said, this is CAG, so I guess it's to be expected. Also, like I said before, it's not like another person wouldn't take each and every CAG's place in line. Meh...

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1991 AloX

AloX

Something

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

I got an email from gamersgate stating that its a receipt to confirm my order, though I never put in any info. Anyone else get that?

Everybody gets that. Just how GG works

#1992 zulux21

zulux21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

seems to be that way i figure once the site stops being a crawl I will create some extra accounts and gift them to there to get the steam keys

#1993 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaand reddit.

http://www.reddit.co..._four_pack_563/

#1994 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

If this keeps happening, GamersGate could go out of business, or another possibility is that publishers simply won't have their games listed on GamersGate's site since this HEAVILY devalues their games every time it happens. I'm not sure how much they're losing from these mistakes, but I would imagine it measures fairly large seeing that their servers take a HEAVY beating every time it happens.

Alternately, they could hire one of the higher order primates to run their site rather than the spider monkey they have doing it now.

#1995 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I just don't get it. If these are "mistakes", how in the bloody hell do they happen?

Where in their system does a price change cause these kinds of anomalies?

Either the work of very clever marketing, a very disgruntled employee, or some very bad site coding.

#1996 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Alternately, they could hire one of the higher order primates to run their site rather than the spider monkey they have doing it now.

I'd imagine something like this

Posted Image

#1997 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

I just don't get it. If these are "mistakes", how in the bloody hell do they happen?

Where in their system does a price change cause these kinds of anomalies?

Well, with the 4-pack it seems obvious that each time they tried to lower the discount, they were accidentally doubling it ($22 to $11 to $5.50). How that happened, I have no clue.

I can only guess that one of the site owners is entering these numbers because anyone else would have been fired by now.

#1998 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

>>if it is the same, you put in the key, then it puts game in your steam library and 3 more giftable versions in your inventory.

Oh yeah? Holy crap someone sold a key for $15, I think they only expected to sell them one copy haha.

#1999 MC Kage

MC Kage

He's one of our own too. Guess he likes the Rep. *Shrugs*

smdh man...

Severose - don't worry we'll save you a copy

and what they're doing is applying a discount % twice I think, that's how the mistake happens

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#2000 eyecat

eyecat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Finally got in! But with the site so unstable,have to wait and see how it turns out.

(Tentatively) selling Borderlands 2 base game for $10 (via Paypal) a piece. (Gifting through Gamersgate).

Send me a PM if interested.

#2001 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Well, with the 4-pack it seems obvious that each time they tried to lower the discount, they were accidentally doubling it ($22 to $11 to $5.50). How that happened, I have no clue.

I can only guess that one of the site owners is entering these numbers because anyone else would have been fired by now.

I think someone at GG needs to relearn basic math.

#2002 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

smdh man...

Severose - don't worry we'll save you a copy

and what they're doing is applying a discount % twice I think, that's how the mistake happens

Lol I pre-ordered it and the season pass. No regrets either.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2003 sbrown1

sbrown1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

haha well im sure its not coming back at this point

#2004 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Is that really how it works? Just want to make sure.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2005 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Is that really how it works? Just want to make sure.

I don't know. I do know how it worked from Amazon, and I suspect it to be the same here. But if you are worried I'd wait for someone who got it from GG to tell ya for sure.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#2006 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I do feel bad knowing that these price glitches have become so common and widely known that is has to be seriously hurting their business as a whole.

#2007 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I managed to get 2 packs. Trying to display my keys now... but it's oh so slow. I'll post what happens when I register a key. Someday...

#2008 Shandil

Shandil

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Got a Borderlands 2 - 4pack for the equivalent of 2.8$. Amazing crazy deal at less than 1$ per game.

#2009 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well, site is down and I cant send payment. But I did get the confirm for the BL2 4 pack.

If anyone got in on the season pass I will trade one copy of BL2 for the season pass.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#2010 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Someone here PM'd me with a report that their pack may have been revoked. But I remember during the Beth Pack fiasco that people were seeing all sorts of Library glitches on GG so I suspect it might just be that happening again so I wouldn't panic yet.

I think they're getting revoked.

I bought a pack, they were in my game library, I could even see the one serial. (I even used it already, so my order went through 100%)

Right before they took the site completely down, I got into my library again, and all my games were there EXCEPT BL2.

I believe they are revoking all orders that did go through. Not positive, but it sure looked that way to me.