GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#2161 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

What about those that received BL2 as a gift. What happens to them?

#2162 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

So, lets get the facts.

1. All the people who had PENDING orders, got a refund and the game disappeared from the shelf.
2. All the people who bought the pack BUT didnt get ANY of the keys, got a refund and the game gone from the shelf too.

So, how many of you got the pack, redeemed the keys, and still have the pack in the shelf? (and got a refund).

I really dont think they gonna "gift us" 6 games, they just have to tell steam to cancel the subscription of XXXX keys and done.

I redeemed 4 keys, got the email, and still have the games on the shelf.

#2163 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

I redeemed all but two of the Bethesda games, received the email, received the Paypal refund, and the games are still on my shelf. Not sure how this is going to play out, but all signs point to my steam account losing some games soon.

#2164 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

this is becoming the biggest clusterfuck of all time
Posted Image

#2165 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Sad it seems like they wont honor the BL2 error. I wonder what will happen to the first glitch at 75% off. I'd assume that one people actually were able to get keys for it.

If they start removing steam games its going to be a mess in the steam trading thread.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#2166 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't get it, is this legal..?
My bank charges me 5% for international transactions, also, there is the PayPal comission, and i dont asked for a refund, if they remove the games, im gonna end losing money!!
They can force a refund?? its like, you buy a TV, and 4 days after they come to your house, throw money in your face and take away the tv..???

#2167 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well it's kind of hard to complain about something we all knew was a mistake in the first place and might get cancelled or corrected.

#2168 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

My bank charges me 5% for international transactions, also, there is the PayPal comission, and i dont asked for a refund, if they remove the games, im gonna end losing money!!
They can force a refund?? its like, you buy a TV, and 4 days after they come to your house, throw money in your face and take away the tv..???

I lol'd picturing this TV refund
Posted Image

#2169 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Sounds like it's best to stick to normal sales and not price glitch we're losing tons of money and our website is crashing because so many people are trying to exploit the glitch in our system sales. I dunno, I didn't expect them to be able to absorb so many losses so something was bound to happen.

Hopefully they handle it in the best way possible and don't revoke already used keys, but we'll see.

#2170 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I guess I'd better get around to playing Dishonored now just in case it goes *POOF*.

Knowing how slow Valve can be to get around to doing things or replying I don't know that I'll feel like I'm completely in the clear for some time.

#2171 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Except that none of these items exist in a physical form.

I wonder if any laws regarding advertised prices apply online to digital items.

Also are you supposed to get a key with Future Soldier? I can download the exe but there's no key. Guess this might fall into the BL2, Bethesda clusterf*ck as well.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#2172 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I will never purchase again from GG if they screw this up.

#2173 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I replied the e-mail asking if they are gonna revoke the keys.
A lot of people are asking in GG facebook page, but no answers (and fucks) are given.

#2174 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

And what happen with the DLC of Skyrim i bought from Steam Store? in case they revoke my skyrim key, wtf happens with the dlc?

#2175 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'll just keep playing Dishonored nonstop. It won't yank me out of the game and I should have as long as I'm playing. WE'LL SEE WHO WILL WIN AT THIS GAMERSGATE.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#2176 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Why wouldn't you? Just because they had a major screw up and won't do something that's obviously too heavy a hit? The fact that they accepted the Bethesda one says plenty on the character of those in charge. Sure they ran out but it was impossible to not. This situation is not obvious and much more damaging to them, so if they choose to just not accept payment that should be enough. Nothing lost, nothing gained, besides a couple thousand people staying up late tonight too.

#2177 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yes it's legal and I hope they do it.

:lol:

#2178 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

I was refunded for a bethesda pack, the email said borderlands 2, but i havnt received any refund yet and have 2 keys from it, gonna wait and see how this shakes out.

#2179 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

GG isn't affiliated with Steam. It'd be up to Valve to revoke keys.

#2180 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

@DarkZero why say you are going to honor it and give keys in January and now say you won't and issue everyone refunds. What about those who have gifted away copies of games?

#2181 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

No notices about the BL2 4-pack, no keys, game is still on shelf. The least they could do is hurry up with my refund.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2182 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

With a name like GamersGate, I would have expected a scandal :lol:

#2183 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

But they don't accept the bethsda one, that's the problem, the refund i got is for the bethsda pack, i dont even got that borderlands 2 pack.
I understand that it was a mistake, same as origin a few months ago, but it's not our problem, they sold a product, we buy it, they grab our money.

#2184 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I just managed to complete one of two pending orders from this morning. The first one I placed was cancelled but the second one was still pending. I fully expect to have that order cancelled and get refunded by the end of the day though. That's fine. I understand completely.

Besides, I already own Borderlands 2. I was only buying to resell at an obscene profit. But with all the copies that may end up floating around out there, it might not end up being worth the effort. It'd be different if I didn't already own B2 and I was just hoping to sell my extra copies for enough so I got mine for free. As it is though, I'm not sure if I really care. If they cancel it, they cancel it.

As for the Bethesda pack(s). I haven't revived any email yet. Though I managed to get all my keys for everything except Rage. I don't know if that makes it less likely or not that I get cancelled. Hopefully I'm OK though. Because if they start revoking keys, I'm gonna have to start refunding some people. :(

#2185 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

No emails for me yet.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2186 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Because if they start revoking keys, I'm gonna have to start refunding some people. :(

Yeah same here. And I will do it if it comes down to that (for the record have not getting an email or refund and the games are still in my GG account) but I'm betting there's some douches out there who won't.

#2187 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I guess I'd better get around to playing Dishonored now just in case it goes *POOF*.

Knowing how slow Valve can be to get around to doing things or replying I don't know that I'll feel like I'm completely in the clear for some time.

Fun fact: I've bought two Prototype packs from Amazon when they were $7.5 for me and my friend, activated them without any problem. Apparently the purchases were considered as fraund since I logged with different ip from other country (funny isp), bought 2 of the same thing in 5 mins, took codes and immediately logged out.
I've received e-mail about canceling my orders and I provided refund. I thought it's even better deal, because I still had the games on my steam account. Steam deactivated them after 5-6 days. I was quite impressed.

Back to the topic, I've redeemed keys only for one copy of Beth pack, got purchase marked as completed during first 4-5h of "flash sale", haven't received any e-mail from GG about refund so far.

#2188 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'll just keep playing Dishonored nonstop. It won't yank me out of the game and I should have as long as I'm playing. WE'LL SEE WHO WILL WIN AT THIS GAMERSGATE.

lol

I just downloaded Dishonored. Gonna spend the better part of the day playing that. If they revoke keys, hopefully they hold off long enough for me to complete the game.

#2189 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Something really weird is happening in my library. I should have 8 copies of Borderlands 2 total. Next to the game it says (7) and when I click on it, only codes for 3, 4, 5 and 10 show up. None of the others have a show serial button and I already gifted myself the ones I could. That and there shouldn't even be 10 anyways. I already redeemed one for myself just in case, but I don't know if I should sell/trade any keys in case they revoke them later on.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2190 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

lol

I just downloaded Dishonored. Gonna spend the better part of the day playing that. If they revoke keys, hopefully they hold off long enough for me to complete the game.

Dishonored is not a very long game and when it really gets going you can beat the game pretty fast. I will do the same thing when i get home... with skyrim.... I can beat that in a few hours right? :rofl:

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler