GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#2221 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

They took the Bethesda packs from my shelf but no email and no refund showing on my card. Thinking about contacting my card to reverse the charges.

#2222 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

I wonder why there's even an option to download the BL2 client. It's steamworks, isn't it?

#2223 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I haven't had any of the games show up on my shelf from the get-go. I've always had to click the All Games tab.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2224 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just took Ghost Recon as well.

#2225 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Shazam, just now got the refund email. Boooooo! It's gonna be a pain in the ass refunding all these people if they revoke our already activated keys.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2226 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Actually, they sent me an email about Ghost Recon. Still on my shelf. Downloading it now just for the lulz in case it works.

#2227 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

For the record: I bought the Bethesda pack and redeemed every single key to my steam account. So far, no email, no refund, and all the games are still on my shelf. I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

#2228 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

For the record: I bought the Bethesda pack and redeemed every single key to my steam account. So far, no email, no refund, and all the games are still on my shelf. I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

Kinda similar, to my knowledge everything was activated.

Anyone know how long typically it takes for an activated key to get reversed?

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#2229 jeff1304

jeff1304

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

I sent them a ticket hopefully they will give me borderlands 2 back if they don't I'm going to paypal

#2230 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

They took the Bethesda packs from my shelf but no email and no refund showing on my card. Thinking about contacting my card to reverse the charges.

Just contact GG's support. I'm sure they'll refund you without hassle, but you'll have to wait 3-4 days to get a response.

#2231 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'm really curious to see how they're going to handle the refunds for people who've activated some/all of the keys. I don't think they're going to revoke them from Steam, personally. I can see them just refunding everyone and taking the activated keys as a loss.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2232 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I still need the key after the manager download is finished for Borderlands 2, right? should I just cancel it then?

#2233 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Just contact GG's support. I'm sure they'll refund you without hassle, but you'll have to wait 3-4 days to get a response.

Take me less time to contact my card.

#2234 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

I really hope they don't Dishonor us by revoking our Bethesda pack keys.

#2235 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

I sent them a ticket hopefully they will give me borderlands 2 back if they don't I'm going to paypal

Lol.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2236 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

I bought 2 packs - the first was a giftable one by accident. I then bought a second regular pack because I couldn't get the first one gifted due to the site slowdown and I wanted to try to get some keys before going to bed. From the second pack, all but 2 of the keys have been redeemed by myself or sold to someone else. I've received 1 email with 1 refund, and the giftable pack is now gone from my shelf, but the non-giftable pack with most of the keys redeemed is still there. I really hope they don't revoke the keys though - that will be a pain to refund the keys I sold.

#2237 bobo797

bobo797

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Took them about an hour to send me an email for BL2, but they refunded me for Ghost Recon, and Ghost Recon is still on my shelf lol. It's downloading now, will see if it still works.

#2238 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Did anyone have their Borderlands 2 season pass removed from their shelf (if they happened to grab it at $7.50)?

#2239 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Did anyone have their Borderlands 2 season pass removed from their shelf (if they happened to grab it at $7.50)?

I'm wondering this too, but honestly that isn't much of a price mistake considering you can get it for $10 from GMG. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything about it.

#2240 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

My Bethesda pack is still there just no keys appear. Wasn't able to get any of them since they are out till January. I just submitted a refund don't really care anymore.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#2241 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Anyone know how long typically it takes for an activated key to get reversed?

Nobody knows. If it happens then it will be on 'Valve time'.

#2242 Bort_

Bort_

Aw, c'mon! Bort?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

It's going through a Gamersgate download manager right now,

it popped up after I clicked Download in "All games" tab so it isn't activated through to my Steam.

but it never provided me with a key/serial.

This is really weird considering Borderlands 2 is a Steamworks title, so the only way to play it is having it in Steam.

And yeah, if you didn't get a key better stop downloading, there are not stand-alone versions of the game.

#2243 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm wondering this too, but honestly that isn't much of a price mistake considering you can get it for $10 from GMG. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything about it.

Yeah, I think they'll probably let that one pass.

#2244 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, my thought is they probably won't tinker with that. Or something like Viking which was only a $2ish price differential and probably 'sold' no where near the amount of keys as Bethesda/2K stuff.

#2245 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Damn, two Bethesda bundles refunded. Oh well
Posted Image

#2246 DrummerX

DrummerX

Dothraki Warlord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

I got a refund email as well, but the games still exist on my shelf for my Bethesda Pack. I activated all but Fallout 3 which was out of stock...I believe everyone who downloaded games should back up their respective steamapps directory, regardless of what happens you should be able to play them in offline mode, if they do actually reverse the keys. I will be highly upset if they do, because after purchase I got the Skyrim DLC packs separately, and the dishonored DLC. Hoping they don't, their facebook page is a world of venomous rage atm. I understand it was an error, and after this Borderlands 2 cock up they likely lost some large amounts of money....but its crazy to reverse what was purchased and has been played for several days. After all, it's Christmas!

#2247 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

The Season Pass mistake was actually fixed relatively quickly. Within 45 minute or so. So they probably didn't sell an obscene amount like they undoubtedly did with the 4-pack fiasco.

#2248 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I don't think people would be complaining as much if it was just the Borderlands 2 fiasco being reversed, but the fact that they acted like they were honoring the Bethesda glitch by telling us we'd all get keys in January is what stings a little.

Oh, who am I kidding? People would complain no matter what.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2249 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Nobody knows. If it happens then it will be on 'Valve time'.

And if they do it it's gonna be a huge clusterfuck.

Tretton.png

#2250 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

I don't think people would be complaining as much if it was just the Borderlands 2 fiasco being reversed, but the fact that they acted like they were honoring the Bethesda glitch by telling us we'd all get keys in January is what stings a little.

Oh, who am I kidding? People would complain no matter what.

I agree with this, although I only think people have at least some validity in their complaints with the Bethesda pack.

I'm mostly concerned about key revoking. Ugh what a nightmare.