GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#241 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Wanderlust Rebirth and Titan Quest Gold Steam activateable? Both are listed as Other DRM. What kind of DRM is other DRM? :|

Neither will Steam activate, no. If a game does activate on Steam Gamersgate will specifically state it.

I'm not sure what the other DRM is if it's some sort of account activation or securom or whatever but it's definitely not Steamworks.

steam_sig.png

#242 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

New Deals:

Bioshock Complete Pack Bundle $10 - 75%
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale $5.99 - 70%
Dark Messiah Might & Magic $3.38 - 66%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution$7.49 - 75%

Tomorrow hints:
Spoiler

Also deal of interest:
Warlock: Master of the Arcane $4.99 - 75% (Steamworks) Very Tempting

#243 bluedeviltron

bluedeviltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Can someone explain why the OP title says Orcs Must Die 2 and Awesomenauts are $5.66?

#244 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Not directly relevant to the sale but it's worth noting that if you're a Steam head, you might miss some cool as hell indie games on GG. I recommend Gunman Clive, Exceed 3rd, and Suguri.

#245 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Wanderlust Rebirth and Titan Quest Gold Steam activateable? Both are listed as Other DRM. What kind of DRM is other DRM? :|

Honestly, why do you need these on Steam? Titan Quest Gold will never be updated again. Wanderlust Rebirth has its own launcher for updating that you have to run anyway. Neither has cloud saves. Both can be launched in Steam as non-Steam games, which is what I do. The only reason I can possibly see is Wanderlust has some achievements.

Unless Dark Messiah Might & Magic or Warlock Master of the Arcane takes place in Rapture, GamersGate clearly changed their planned daily deals. My guess is because BioShock is already part of another sale and they don't want to upset people. Kudos to them.

Bioshock Complete Pack Bundle $10 - 75%

Well it was Warlock as the daily deal instead when it first switched over this morning. Guess they are starting to further discount games during the sale. They're good about this stuff when it comes to refunds, but it's still unnecessary headaches for customers and support reps. Removed my buying tip from the FAQ.

Can someone explain why the OP title says Orcs Must Die 2 and Awesomenauts are $5.66?

It doesn't/didn't say Orcs Must Die 2 is that price? I changed the order now to put Awesomenauts first to avoid any confusion, but each game title is separated by a comma so I thought that was self-explanatory. And the OP clearly explains how you can get Awesomenauts for that price.

The reason I put the Awesomenauts price in the title is because it's a very popular game and just released, and I think a lot of people would want to know it's almost half off here.

Edited by SlightlyOffTrack, 03 August 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#246 TripJack

TripJack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

i did some searching and the third daily deal hint is probably referring to daggerdale, which isn't nearly old or good enough to be called a classic

none of the actual classic d&d games seem to be on GG

#247 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

i did some searching and the third daily deal hint is probably referring to daggerdale, which isn't nearly old or good enough to be called a classic

none of the actual classic d&d games seem to be on GG

I could've sworn they stocked those recent D&D anthologies at some point. Now I did a little research, and you can't seem to buy them anywhere...odd..
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#248 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Gamersgate UK has Sacred 2: Gold Edition for 5.08 GBP.

That's like $8 USD or so, right?

As some of you might know - Sacred 2: Gold contains also the S2: Ice and Blood expansion, which was NOT released in USA
....besides also containing Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (UK) in the pack.

Has anybody here in USA ever actually bought a game through Gamersgate UK?
Will it go through?
If so - does your CC or bank charge you a conversion fee of any kind?

How's it work?

#249 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

Gamersgate UK has Sacred 2: Gold Edition for 5.08 GBP.

That's like $8 USD or so, right?

As some of you might know - Sacred 2: Gold contains also the S2: Ice and Blood expansion, which was NOT released in USA
....besides also containing Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (UK) in the pack.

Has anybody here in USA ever actually bought a game through Gamersgate UK?
Will it go through?
If so - does your CC or bank charge you a conversion fee of any kind?

How's it work?

Just sent a support ticket asking the same question. Will post when I get reply. If anyone here knows if buying the game from the UK store will work on US account, post here please. Thx!

#250 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Hmm, I'm kind of interested because it doesn't look like Sacred 2 will ever come back to Steam. I'm just curious because I don't know if GG can legally sell a UK region game to US customers since I believe a different publisher owns the rights to that game here and it would be encroaching on their territory.

steam_sig.png

#251 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

@Voken
I'm curious, b/c USA users can sign into UK servers and see the S2: Gold game for purchase in GBP.
And even put it in their cart!!

Plz let us know when you do get some details, thanks!!! :)

#252 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Hmm, I'm kind of interested because it doesn't look like Sacred 2 will ever come back to Steam. I'm just curious because I don't know if GG can legally sell a UK region game to US customers since I believe a different publisher owns the rights to that game here and it would be encroaching on their territory.

Deep Silver is the publisher in UK for everything Sacred 2, yes.
I'm also curious - can a UK gamer on Gamersgate actually GIFT Sacred 2: Gold over to a USA Gamersgate user?

EDIT:
Technically, CDV is out of business and insolvent (USA's Sacred 2 distribution rights holders).
Would their territory (USA) really be encroached upon here? ;) :oP

I don't think CDV will supply Steam w/ new Sacred 2: FA keys anytime soon.
Even if they did, you'll still have the issue of NA versions missing Ice and Blood - since CDV & Deep Silver never hammered out a deal for how to distribute that expansion in NA.
Plus, only way to use Community Patch is to own both Sacred 2: FA + Ice and Blood; or Sacred 2: Gold (contains both).

EDIT 2:
Looks like they ran out of keys and supposedly requested for more...

Edited by MysterD, 03 August 2012 - 03:57 AM.

#253 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

I could've sworn they stocked those recent D&D anthologies at some point. Now I did a little research, and you can't seem to buy them anywhere...odd..

Atari no longer has D&D's rights, it has shifted to Hasbro so a new agreement would need to be made. I know Gamestop has the old D&D games still. Personally I am waiting for the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition anyways.

#254 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

Probably asked a bunch of times before, but do I need to have access to IGN prime to continue to have access to the 15% discount? Could I just sign up, grab the code, and cancel the account so I won't have to worry about recurring bill?

#255 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Probably asked a bunch of times before, but do I need to have access to IGN prime to continue to have access to the 15% discount? Could I just sign up, grab the code, and cancel the account so I won't have to worry about recurring bill?

Yes, you could. However, they don't do free trials anymore. They'll charge you right away, and they don't do refunds. :cry:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#256 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Yes, you could. However, they don't do free trials anymore. They'll charge you right away, and they don't do refunds. :cry:

Thanks for the info. For some reason payment is taking awhile to process through PayPal...only have 9 mins left for current deals.

#257 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

He is correct. You don't need to keep your IGN prime for more than a month, but you will have to pay for it. For anything giftable on GG I am more than happy to help out any CAGs without the discount, so feel free to PM me.

Edit:
Today's Deals:
Risen - $4.99
EVE Online: Incarna - $10.00
Dawn of Fantasy - $7.49
D&D Daggerdale - $4.49

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 03 August 2012 - 07:13 AM.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#258 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Something interesting I found out about US/UK versions on GamersGate while hosting the giveaway... I found that the 2C Complete Pack that I bought actually gave me copies of games that could only be purchased individually in the UK. I was able to gift to everyone regardless of their region, or the region of the game I was gifting. Maybe that can offer some insight.

#259 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Something interesting I found out about US/UK versions on GamersGate while hosting the giveaway... I found that the 2C Complete Pack that I bought actually gave me copies of games that could only be purchased individually in the UK. I was able to gift to everyone regardless of their region, or the region of the game I was gifting. Maybe that can offer some insight.

Maybe I should said this earlier, but I've been able to successfully buy from the UK site as well. Not sure if it was legal, but dammit I did it.

Don't judge me! :booty:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#260 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Atari no longer has D&D's rights, it has shifted to Hasbro so a new agreement would need to be made. I know Gamestop has the old D&D games still. Personally I am waiting for the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition anyways.

Ah, fair enough. Just glad to know I'm not losing my mind...
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#261 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

The thing with the IGN Prime is that while it does seem to continue your discount even after you cancel, there's no guarantee that will continue indefinitely. For those of us who did the free trial there's nothing really to lose anyway, but do bear that in mind for anyone considering subscribing for a month just to get the GG discount.

steam_sig.png

#262 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

He is correct. You don't need to keep your IGN prime for more than a month, but you will have to pay for it.

The discount code is still good after you cancel Prime?

But then I looked at the pricing and I'd have to spend about $50 at GG to break even on a single month of Prime. I can't even promise myself that I'll do that much, much less spend enough beyond breaking even to make it "worth it".

#263 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

But then I looked at the pricing and I'd have to spend about $50 at GG to break even on a single month of Prime. I can't even promise myself that I'll do that much, much less spend enough beyond breaking even to make it "worth it".

Wait for a good free game month and then do it. They offer a lot of promotions through the year too.

back in September you could sign up for $70 for a year and get a copy of BF3 before it came out.

I signed up during GDC where you could sign up for $20 or $30 for the year (cant remember which it was).
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#264 TripJack

TripJack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

The first two hints for tomorrow's daily deals are Two Worlds 2 and Confrontation. Third is vaguer but is probably Alpha Protocol.

#265 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

The FAQ in the second post is very clear on how to get the discount with IGN Prime.

And for those interested, the free game this month is Beat Hazard Ultra.

#266 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

The thing with the IGN Prime is that while it does seem to continue your discount even after you cancel, there's no guarantee that will continue indefinitely. For those of us who did the free trial there's nothing really to lose anyway, but do bear that in mind for anyone considering subscribing for a month just to get the GG discount.

Wait for a good free game month and then do it. They offer a lot of promotions through the year too.

back in September you could sign up for $70 for a year and get a copy of BF3 before it came out.

I signed up during GDC where you could sign up for $20 or $30 for the year (cant remember which it was).

As others have pointed out, yes the discount is still good after you cancel, but no, nothing is "guaranteed" that the discount will actually be infinite. As Provis pointed out, there are deals on Prime through out the year. Recently they had a $30 for a year special which would put you at $200 spent to break even. So I wouldn't sign up for a year just to get the discount. That said if they ever do a BF3 type promo again I would sign up just because the monthly free indie games are usually pretty good and worth it on their own.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#267 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

It's also worth noting the IGN discount works on 4 packs (or 3 packs in the case of Awesomenauts) too so you can definitely rack up some savings there and then sell off the other copies.

steam_sig.png

#268 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

It's also worth noting the IGN discount works on 4 packs (or 3 packs in the case of Awesomenauts) too so you can definitely rack up some savings there and then sell off the other copies.

Yeah, I love the three and four packs :)

I just got a three pack of awesomenauts.

#269 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

DaggerDale does NOT activate on Steam :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#270 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Did anyone else have trouble applying ign discount code to their account? I finally get to see the ign prime code, but on Gamersgate the code seems to be invalid. It seems the code gives you access to an IGN Minion, does that mean I have to delete my Minion to get the code to work?