#2791 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Excellent avatar.

Boobs... and hipster.

Not sure if want.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2792 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Trick doesn't seem to work for "Space Rangers 2" or "Space Rangers 2 Reboot". It converts the launcher for a split-second, but then it converts it right back and I get the pop-up asking me if I want to delete the content or not.

Gonna skip those for now and see if I run into any other snags.

That doesn't make sense to me. When does it ask to delete the content? when you copy the running .exe?? It can't just immediately close to the "delete temp files" dialog when it decrypts the .exe or you'd never be able to install the game. I don't have those 2 games, so I need a little clarity to help you out.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#2793 Dravo

Dravo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Boobs

want.

Fixed

#2794 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

I am in the same boat as you. I was waiting to hear what happens next week before submitting a ticket for a refund. I highly doubt I will get any of the keys. I am to a point I don't even really care anymore I just want my $30 back.

I submitted a ticket and wrote to support@gamersgate.com. Still no answer. There are some users that actually got some keys and their full refund. Some, in the other hand, got neither refund nor keys (my case). I guess we'll have to wait :(

#2795 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I submitted a ticket on an unrelated issue (though it was marked critical) on 24 December 2012 08:29 AM, no answer yet.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#2796 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

That doesn't make sense to me. When does it ask to delete the content? when you copy the running .exe?? It can't just immediately close to the "delete temp files" dialog when it decrypts the .exe or you'd never be able to install the game. I don't have those 2 games, so I need a little clarity to help you out.

With the previous 60 or so games that I downloaded, I would click on the download manager that I downloaded from GamersGate. Then a security window from Microsoft would pop up asking if I really wanted to download this. I click "yes", and then the download begins. As soon as the download finishes, I get two separate windows that pop up. One is the actual installer with a menu of items to select (Run, Settings, Install, Uninstall, Manual & Quit). The other one is the window from Gamersgate that usually only pops up AFTER you have chosen to exit out of the installer. It has selections that read:

* Remove Temporary Files (Recommended if Instillation was successful)
* Keep Temporary Files (If you want to run the installer again)
* Restart Installer

The "Launch" file in my download location is encrypted. If I click away the installer and select "Restart Installer" from the Gamersgate window pop-up, I can momentarily see the "launch" file un-encrypt, then quickly re-encrypt. It happens much too fast for me to copy the file.

Oh, on another note, the download managers from Gamersgate are apparently only good for 24 hours. I just started getting prompted to log-in when I clicked on them. Last night I had just decided to download all the download manager links to save me the hassle of having to go back to the website each time. I've just gone past the 24 hour point from when I did that. So I assume that's what was happening. I just re-downloaded a few of the links and I was no longer being prompted to log-in.

EDIT: Oh and I wasn't necessarily asking for you to come to my aid. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was putting you on the spot. I'm not sure if there is a fix to this. Looks like it's just a quirk of that particular game. I quoted your post so that people would know what the hell I was talking about.

#2797 Reaperain

Reaperain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Does anyone know if the version they sell of BF3 is the Limited Edition or standard edition? Im trying to get a second copy for another computer on the cheap. Would make it pretty sweet if I could get the LE.

#2798 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

@The End Ohh, so you can't install the game at all. I guess throw a support ticket (an actual one) their way before they go belly up. The Gamersgate menu is detecting the installer "closing", but can't tell the difference between a crash and a user wanting to exit. Windows could be shutting it down automatically due to programing conflicts on GamersGate's end. Try this:

1. turn off DEP (just temporary, turn back on after successful copy of the .exe) Here: http://windows.micro...ention-settings
2. turn off all antivirus, and windows firewall (again just for this)
3. Control Panel--->Internet Options--> Custom level--->scroll down to "launching applications and unsafe files" and select "enable". (yes, microsoft buried this settings in internet options even though it applies system wide)
4. right click and run gamersgate install as "administrator"

If that didn't work, then you'll have to contact their support, be sure to change all your settings back.

#2799 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

@The End Ohh, so you can't install the game at all. I guess throw a support ticket (an actual one) their way before they go belly up. The Gamersgate menu is detecting the installer "closing", but can't tell the difference between a crash and a user wanting to exit. Windows could be shutting it down automatically due to programing conflicts on GamersGate's end. Try this:

1. turn off DEP (just temporary, turn back on after successful copy of the .exe) Here: http://windows.micro...ention-settings
2. turn off all antivirus, and windows firewall (again just for this)
3. Control Panel--->Internet Options--> Custom level--->scroll down to "launching applications and unsafe files" and select "enable". (yes, microsoft buried this settings in internet options even though it applies system wide)
4. right click and run gamersgate install as "administrator"

If that didn't work, then you'll have to contact their support, be sure to change all your settings back.

Actually, I haven't tried to install any of the games. I've just been following the instructions that you laid out to back-up the instillation files. I didn't have any trouble with the first 60 games that I backed up. And I haven't had any trouble with the 8 games that I've tried since moving on from the Space Rangers 2 snafu. It was just SR2 & the expansion game, SR2 Reloaded. Everything else has been smooth (albeit time consuming) sailing.

#2800 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Actually, I haven't tried to install any of the games. I've just been following the instructions that you laid out to back-up the instillation files. I didn't have any trouble with the first 60 games that I backed up. And I haven't had any trouble with the 8 games that I've tried since moving on from the Space Rangers 2 snafu. It was just SR2 & the expansion game, SR2 Reloaded. Everything else has been smooth (albeit time consuming) sailing.

Right, I'm still talking about corying the .exe without installing the game. My understanding was that as soon as you launched the Gamersgate .exe to install the game, it would immediately crash the installer and bounce to gamergate asking to delete the installer files. My theory is that the game's setup .exe is being flagged by a program (firewall,antivirus,DEP, other windows protections, etc.) shutting it down immediatley, and thereby causing the gamersgate code to believe you purposefully closed the games setup file. That list was meant to eliminate those possibilities.

#2801 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Oh Ok. I guess it's worth a shot.

I'm gonna continue on with the games after SR2 for now, and I'll double back and try SR2 after I'm done. Probably wont get to it until tomorrow. I'll post the results when I have them though.

#2802 Taskbarbarian

Taskbarbarian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

I bought the Bethesda bundle on the 22nd, but wasn't able to finish the actual payment process until the 23rd. At that time, no keys were left. But I was still able to put the bundle on my shelf and see it in my list of games. The January wait was fine as I have played everything in the bundle already on console.

Fast forward to now, and everything is FUBAR. The Bethesda bundle is still on my shelf, but it is gone from my list of games (I have no idea what the difference is.) My order still says completed and no sign of a force refund anywhere. Paypal says everything is cool, and I never received an email.

I just really wanted Skyrim and the Fallouts. Skyrim is on sale now on Steam. Am I going to get a forced refund? Will I get the bundle after all? Should I buy Skyrim now on Steam? I am afraid that waiting for GamersGate to figure this out will cause me to miss the Steam sale.

Do we think anyone is going to get keys in January?

#2803 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

For all those doing the "copy my installer-folder" real-quick trick for Gamersgate's games before your game installer's EXE gets destroyed...
...This is ALSO valid for games you download directly from UPlay & GameFly, as well.

With those two - you'll want to make sure AFTER you download the game, that you copy your entire folder elsewhere - with the installer EXE file intact, of course.
That's before you click INSTALL in UPlay's or GameFly's browser, that you backed your stuff up elsewhere; OR that you just close the browser program and then decide to run the EXE outside of the game-program.

#2804 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

I bought the Bethesda bundle on the 22nd, but wasn't able to finish the actual payment process until the 23rd. At that time, no keys were left. But I was still able to put the bundle on my shelf and see it in my list of games. The January wait was fine as I have played everything in the bundle already on console.

Fast forward to now, and everything is FUBAR. The Bethesda bundle is still on my shelf, but it is gone from my list of games (I have no idea what the difference is.) My order still says completed and no sign of a force refund anywhere. Paypal says everything is cool, and I never received an email.

I just really wanted Skyrim and the Fallouts. Skyrim is on sale now on Steam. Am I going to get a forced refund? Will I get the bundle after all? Should I buy Skyrim now on Steam? I am afraid that waiting for GamersGate to figure this out will cause me to miss the Steam sale.

Do we think anyone is going to get keys in January?

My guess is, you're shit out of luck. Anybody who didn't managed to get and redeem any keys, will not be getting any keys in January. It's fairly clean and simple for them to just cancel your order and issue you a refund.

It's a little bit more convoluted for people who actually got some of their keys. But that obviously doesn't apply to you. Sorry man. :(

#2805 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Site says today's deals are good for 3.5 more hours. I wonder if that's an error or if they intentionally pushed back the flip time two hours. I'm not saying up until 5am to find out, that's for sure.

#2806 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

I think mispricing and refunds are one things, accidents happen. However, with people being promised codes in January to be reneged on and some people having their money basically sat on while GG claims "WINTER BREAK" is... more than a little shady.

I can't say I'm all too inspired by their work, as a bystander. My suggestion is just cut your losses, don't use them in the future, and actively recommend others do the same. Used 'em a few times in the past but far as I'm concerned, they no longer exist, no way I can trust my money to people like this.

If you struggle to get your money back next week still, probably need to just go for a chargeback. Let them eat the fee and think about how they should run their shit in the future.

#2807 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Please note that none of what I am about to say is intended to imply anything about the credibility of what Taskbarbarian is saying. That's not my purpose for posting.

But I would like to re-state what I said above: I was able to get my Skyrim Steam key *AFTER* GG stated they'd fulfill our missing keys in Jan.

This *AFTER* is also after Taskbarbarian above says that he was unable to get any keys out of his pack, INCLUDING Skyrim.

Why was Task not able to get a Skyrim key, but later on I was?

Here's all we really know for sure. GG is run by a bunch of fuckups. :D

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#2808 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

sorry if asked before but does the crisis pack activate on steam?

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#2809 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Pretty f*cked up of GG to quickly remove these games yet not give refunds out. I still have $22.50 from the BL2 packs with them.

I had a feeling they'd cancel the orders, but with that comes the return of the money.

Solution for GG? Don't take any money unless keys are available. How about adding a f*cking stock system like other retailers. You obviously need it with your constant price mistakes.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#2810 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

88% on Street Fighter X Tekken... for how long? 2 minutes?

#2811 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

88% on Street Fighter X Tekken... for how long? 2 minutes?

Well... at least it looks like they fixed this one quickly. :lol:

#2812 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well... at least it looks like they fixed this one quickly. :lol:

Jagged Alliance was on 92%

#2813 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

I have come to the conclusion that GG is a poorly managed company.

#2814 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

XCom at 25% off for $37.46.

Wow congratulations Gamersgate you managed to have an even shittier sale price than Steam did, except you don't have the client or anywhere near their traffic to pull it off.

Meanwhile it was $20 cheaper a couple of days ago at Greenmangaming.

#2815 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

But the more it costs, the more blue coins you get rewarded! It's win-win!

#2816 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

XCom at 25% off for $37.46.

Wow congratulations Gamersgate you managed to have an even shittier sale price than Steam did, except you don't have the client or anywhere near their traffic to pull it off.

Meanwhile it was $20 cheaper a couple of days ago at Greenmangaming.

That's actually an old daily. It was either 33 percent off or 50 a day or so ago. They're just taking forever to remove dailies now.

#2817 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Just a question/comment regarding your game shelf... I see a few people mentioning that games have been removed from their shelf. For me this is odd as I have never had any games on my shelf. Granted, prior to this debacle, I had only purchased 1 game (plus the free Volvo game). Has anyone's shelf been like this or was my Mom correct in saying that I am "unique".

#2818 yaynick

yaynick

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Just a question/comment regarding your game shelf... I see a few people mentioning that games have been removed from their shelf. For me this is odd as I have never had any games on my shelf. Granted, prior to this debacle, I had only purchased 1 game (plus the free Volvo game). Has anyone's shelf been like this or was my Mom correct in saying that I am "unique".

Mine were never on the "shelf" tab. They were on the "all games" tab, which is listed as a subsection of "my shelf" in the menu on the left. So, they were part of "my shelf," but not my "shelf." :roll:

#2819 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

My shelf is empty as well. Looks like you arrange it yourself by clicking the icon on the upper right corner of it.

#2820 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Mine were never on the "shelf" tab. They were on the "all games" tab, which is listed as a subsection of "my shelf" in the menu on the left. So, they were part of "my shelf," but not my "shelf." :roll:

Yep, same here.

My shelf is empty as well. Looks like you arrange it yourself by clicking the icon on the upper right corner of it.

Gotcha. I guess I was thinking it was more like GOG. Thanks.