GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#2851 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

If I did get one, I should get a key right? Then I would take that to the Secret World website and sign up for an account?

[edit] Or, like Syntax Error said I could just lick it so they don't want it back.

Workin on it

#2852 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Looked closer and it was 51% off, then suddenly 30% off (which it still is) on the 23rd. Looks like yet another price glitch. :D

Anything more thank 50% seems to be a price glitch nowadays :lol:

#2853 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

If it weren't for the Bethesda/GR:FW debacles, I'd venture a guess that all of these "glitches" are intentional. Early bird specials, sort of.

I mean, I've never run a digital download site, but how hard is it to put up a sale price? What does one have to do to mess them up? Simply punch in the wrong numbers?

It intrigues me.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2854 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

If I did get one, I should get a key right? Then I would take that to the Secret World website and sign up for an account?

[edit] Or, like Syntax Error said I could just lick it so they don't want it back.

Not sure. I think the non Steam version is a direct download but maybe it activates on Origin?

#2855 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Nope, you put the code into the Secret World site.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2856 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Maybe it's getting pulled from the US site? It's showing up for ~12 pounds on the UK site.

Workin on it

#2857 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Nope, you put the code into the Secret World site.

If only TSW would have a crazy sale on Gamersgate...

#2858 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

If only TSW would have a crazy sale on Gamersgate...

Already happened. 51% price glitch quickly fixed to be 30%.

Or a ten-pack for $3.91.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2859 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Hey, I'm gonna post a deal!

The Secret World is $20.96 right now, not sure what that is after the promo code and/or with blue coins.

Not a terrible price. It will be $12.99 in January on Amazon, but you won't get the next issue ($5) and Initiate Pack ($15) unless you buy it before the end of the year, so it's worth the money if you want those things.

Thanks, grabbed it for $18.91 with double discount. Can't just buy the game, so I'd be spending $17.99 at Amazon ($12.99 base game + $5.00 expansion), so this way I get the initiate pack for < $1.00. Good deal if you don't mind RISKING YOUR MONEY! :lol:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2860 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Thanks, grabbed it for $18.91 with double discount. Can't just buy the game, so I'd be spending $17.99 at Amazon ($12.99 base game + $5.00 expansion), so this way I get the initiate pack for < $1.00. Good deal if you don't mind RISKING YOUR MONEY! :lol:

We're sorry, but we are currently out of keys for The Secret World. We will refund your purchase... someday.

Thanks for choosing GamersGate, Happy New Year!

bZ2g3eF.png

#2861 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

If it weren't for the Bethesda/GR:FW debacles, I'd venture a guess that all of these "glitches" are intentional. Early bird specials, sort of.

I still find it hard to believe that it isn't intentional. A glitch a day and they don't seem to be doing anything to fix the problem.

#2862 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

So, it looks like Gamersgate has the rights to sell the Secret World in the US and the UK, but not in Puerto Rico which is why it shows up at 100% off for me. It's so annoying when the publishers exclude Puerto Rico from the US distribution rights.

Workin on it

#2863 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Why would it be on purpose though? They're not winning anyone over with this mess. Ridiculous prices and misadvertisements don't work when your car lot is half on fire and the other half full of irate customers trying to kill the sales staff.

If anything they've lost potential customers and possibly frayed relationships with several publishers. There's just not much upside to it.

#2864 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Why would it be on purpose though? They're not winning anyone over with this mess. Ridiculous prices and misadvertisements don't work when your car lot is half on fire and the other half full of irate customers trying to kill the sales staff.

If anything they've lost potential customers and possibly frayed relationships with several publishers. There's just not much upside to it.

I've been buying games from GG for years now and they've always done this: whenever the prices flip (outside of holiday/summer sales it's been every Sunday night in the US) they've always had a game or two at a really high discount for a few hours and/or units. I've been able to pick up a few games at a really low price over the years. I've always assumed that this was intentional on their part since it happened so regularly - something like "digital door-busters". However, it's never been anything like the Bethesda & Borderlands fiascos, so maybe it's always been a glitch and they've just chosen to ignore it until it finally bit them in the ass.

#2865 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Or ALL of them were intentional, and the Bethesda/GR:FS prices were the first glitches. :)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2866 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

TSW is about $21 for me here in the US, 30% off.

#2867 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Damn, that's expensive! It's $18.91 with BC discount and game discount over here in California.

Got my key, btw, for anyone who was thinking about jumping on it.

#2868 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

That's right. It's $18.91 I think after the discount code.

EDIT: Ninja'd, and yeah, forgot blue coins.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2869 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

GG changed their countdown clock to flip the new deals at 6 AM EST. Damn, was hoping this insomnia would pay off with another price glitch :)
You don't suppose they think that extra 3 hours will somehow help them out do you? I mean as long as the current sale prices are effective, and the system is designed to flip the new sales on immediately after the old ones countdown, they still have the same exact potential of price glitches. This doesn't give them lead time at all. Wow, I'd hate to be the guy in the meetings suggesting this stuff.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#2870 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hey, I'm gonna post a deal!

The Secret World is $20.96 right now

Spoiler

Hmm, somewhat tempting. I was hoping that at a min, Tony would run TSW @ $15 again before the end of the year, but, imo, Amazon has had nothing new since Kwanzaa.

Damn, that's expensive! It's $18.91 with BC discount and game discount over here in California.

Got my key, btw, for anyone who was thinking about jumping on it.

Thanks for the confirmation!

GG changed their countdown clock to flip the new deals at 6 AM EST.

Spoiler

Groan. Favoring early rising East coasters.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2871 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hmm, somewhat tempting. I was hoping that at a min, Tony would run TSW @ $15 again before the end of the year, but, imo, Amazon has had nothing new since Kwanzaa.

Thanks for the confirmation!

You're welcome. If you're going to buy it for the extras ($5 expansion and $15 initiate pack), you should probably buy asap and activate the code since the offer ends tomorrow. It might get messy if you wait to buy or buy and wait to activate.

Groan. Favoring early rising East coasters

That, or the resident Idiot in Hawaii, who'll only have to stay up until 1:00 am. =P

Spoiler

#2872 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

aww, no glitching price today.

#2873 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

TSW is still 30% off in the states and 100% off in the UK

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2874 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

So, it looks like Gamersgate has the rights to sell the Secret World in the US and the UK, but not in Puerto Rico which is why it shows up at 100% off for me. It's so annoying when the publishers exclude Puerto Rico from the US distribution rights.

I've never understood that either. PR is part of the US but seems some people don't understand that.

Didn't GG have like one support guy before this happened? No joke, everyone I knew who sent in a ticket got a reply from the same guy (Ashot P.).

If they still have the one guy...

They have at least two people. I was working on that theory but sometime during the summer a woman responded to me. I think her name was Angelica or Angela or something.

I've been buying games from GG for years now and they've always done this: whenever the prices flip (outside of holiday/summer sales it's been every Sunday night in the US) they've always had a game or two at a really high discount for a few hours and/or units. I've been able to pick up a few games at a really low price over the years. I've always assumed that this was intentional on their part since it happened so regularly - something like "digital door-busters". However, it's never been anything like the Bethesda & Borderlands fiascos, so maybe it's always been a glitch and they've just chosen to ignore it until it finally bit them in the ass.

I've only been buying since March, but I agree this has been their MO for the entire time I've been a customer. I've made it a routine to try to stay up (if possible) when their games flipped and grab any glitches. Things started to get a little odd around TWD glitch since that was like a random mid morning glitch.

GG changed their countdown clock to flip the new deals at 6 AM EST. Damn, was hoping this insomnia would pay off with another price glitch :)
You don't suppose they think that extra 3 hours will somehow help them out do you? I mean as long as the current sale prices are effective, and the system is designed to flip the new sales on immediately after the old ones countdown, they still have the same exact potential of price glitches. This doesn't give them lead time at all. Wow, I'd hate to be the guy in the meetings suggesting this stuff.

Still no new deals for me :(

TSW is still 30% off in the states and 100% off in the UK

These glitches are ridiculous, but it must be somehow built into the entire framework of their site. I assume their choices are "deal with glitches" or "take down site entirely." I hope they have a superarmy of swedish programmers working on it. It's probably just Ashot though.

#2875 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Yeah, I'm still seeing Fable 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Fray, Order of War, etc from yesterday.

#2876 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

I've never understood that either. PR is part of the US but seems some people don't understand that.

^This

It's hard to figure out what is the most annoying: Bestbuy not shipping here and price matches to their website being YMMV, or Amazon Prime not including the free streaming videos (which is a bit crazy - I get the physical benefits of free shipping (but not 2day) to an island 1000 miles from the continental US, but I can't get the digital benefits).

Workin on it

#2877 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

XCOM is listed as a "daily deal" for the same price it's been as a non-daily all sale today (25% off) :-k. Never change, GamersGate.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2878 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I picked up secret world in an effort to liquidate blue coins, just in case something happens to them shortly. Even if the is unlikely it makes me feel better knowing I can't be screwed too bad.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2879 Ethereality

Ethereality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

The Last Remnant is currently showing at $.94 for anyone who is interested:
http://www.gamersgat...last-remnant-tm

Also, The Legend of Grimrock is listed at $1.88:
http://www.gamersgat...end-of-grimrock