Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#2881 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Goodness, even with the delay and probably manual price changes...

#2882 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Goodness, even with the delay and probably manual price changes...

And now it's fixed....

#2883 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Lol, bought Last Remnant with my blue coins at .94$. 1 second later and they fixed it. Im a lucky bastard.

#2884 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Grimrock has been fixed, but TLR is still showing as $0.94

Snagged a copy of TLR with blue coins. Might as well use them since they came for free with the refund of Bethesda pack.

#2885 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Future Wars is showing 94% off for 25 pence or 404 blue coins in the UK.

http://www.gamersgat...ARS/future-wars

#2886 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Future Wars is showing 94% off for 25 pence or 404 blue coins in the UK.

http://www.gamersgat...ARS/future-wars

Fixed.

#2887 lidl

lidl

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

it's still not fixed over here. but that game has been this price for a few days now. still have no interest in buying it though.
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#2888 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Someone should keep a spreadsheet of all their price mistakes. I suspect it would get quite lengthy.

Anyway it seems as though they shifted their price flip times to when someone is actually there in the office had their coffee etc.

I suppose if you are too incompetent to fix the problem then having the prices flip when someone is there to fix it is the next best thing.

#2889 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

This morning I saw Last Remnant for $0.94 and used my blue coins. I figured it was a mistake but I might as well cash in. Got the key and redeemed it on Steam. I'm not sure if they're going to take it away or what.

I'm not sure how thee guys can stay in business. It's madness that these price screw-ups still keep happening.

#2890 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

This morning I saw Last Remnant for $0.94 and used my blue coins. I figured it was a mistake but I might as well cash in. Got the key and redeemed it on Steam. I'm not sure if they're going to take it away or what.

I'm not sure how thee guys can stay in business. It's madness that these price screw-ups still keep happening.

They can't take your already redeemed keys, a simple, and very shady, key reseller doesn't hold such power.

#2891 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

The Last Remnant is great, but it was cheaper on gmg.

#2892 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

The Last Remnant is great, but it was cheaper on gmg.

Pretty sure it wasn't cheaper than $.94

#2893 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

They can't take your already redeemed keys, a simple, and very shady, key reseller doesn't hold such power.

lol... GG is a legit authorized retailer for all their games, not a shady key reseller.

#2894 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

^This

It's hard to figure out what is the most annoying: Bestbuy not shipping here and price matches to their website being YMMV, or Amazon Prime not including the free streaming videos (which is a bit crazy - I get the physical benefits of free shipping (but not 2day) to an island 1000 miles from the continental US, but I can't get the digital benefits).

The owners of the digital goods give very specific terms to what territories (including U.S. territories) their resellers are allowed to sell to. For Amazon it is probably just easier to negotiate selling to the 50 main states. It reminds me how GMG was asked to actually raise their prices when selling to Australia and New Zealand by 2K directly, so local retailers (who are forced to charge higher local pricing due to import taxes I'm guessing) could compete.

#2895 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

lol... GG is a legit authorized retailer for all their games, not a shady key reseller.

did you even read what you posted?? can you even read?

#2896 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

You told HIM!

#2897 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

I can't read, which I think is what leads to all these misunderstandings online.

#2898 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

The point I think he was trying to make was that if even people buying from a shady key reseller don't get their keys revoke then it won't happen with Gamersgate NOT that Gamersgate is a shady key reseller. That's not what he said at least to my interpretation.

Edit: to clarify I read it as

They can't take your already redeemed keys, (even) a simple, and very shady, key reseller doesn't hold such power.

However some people seem to have appointed themselves defenders of Gamersgate looking for any perceived slight to run to their defense, even an imaginary one.

#2899 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I can't read, which I think is what leads to all these misunderstandings online.

Posted Image

The point I think he was trying to make was that if even people buying from a shady key reseller don't get their keys revoke then it won't happen with Gamersgate NOT that Gamersgate is a shady key reseller. That's not what he said at least to my interpretation.

However some people seem to have appointed themselves defenders of Gamersgate looking for any perceived slight to run to their defense, even an imaginary one.

Eh, it parses as "GamersGate is a simple and shady reseller" and I was about to correct him myself but then I got lazy. Incompetent and understaffed, sure. Not so much shady.

#2900 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I think that's a big stretch to make from what he stated, but even then the comparison doesn't really apply.

Authorized retailers do have the power to get keys revoked if need be (Amazon has done it on an individual basis).

I'm not really trying to defend GG as much as just making sure accurate information is put out there.

#2901 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

I think that's a big stretch to make from what he stated, but even then the comparison doesn't really apply.

Authorized retailers do have the power to get keys revoked if need be (Amazon has done it on an individual basis).

I'm not really trying to defend GG as much as just making sure accurate information is put out there.

Why do you care so much about GamersGate? Why don't you just accept that they're a shady key reseller? You're such a Troll Fox.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2902 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Eh, it parses as "GamersGate is a simple and shady reseller" and I was about to correct him myself but then I got lazy. Incompetent and understaffed, sure. Not so much shady.

Admittedly he could have phrased it better but I think the intent was clear.

If you aren't looking to pick a fight on Gamersgate's behalf, that is.

#2903 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Admittedly he could have phrased it better but I think the intent was clear.

If you aren't looking to pick a fight on Gamersgate's behalf, that is.

I read it exactly like Fox did and I'm not looking to pick any fights.

#2904 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm looking to pick a fight, on my own behalf, because I feel that I've been insulted. Who wants to fight me?

(Nobody said anything to you, what the Fuck are you talking about?)

I don't know, it doesn't matter though, WHO WANTS TO FIGHT!?

I just put my bulletproof keyboard skin on, and just loaded my mouse with new batteries. I'm ready to roll! Come at me bro!

#2905 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm looking to pick a fight, on my own behalf, because I feel that I've been insulted. Who wants to fight me?

(Nobody said anything to you, what the Fuck are you talking about?)

I don't know, it doesn't matter though, WHO WANTS TO FIGHT!?

I just put my bulletproof keyboard skin on, and just loaded my mouse with new batteries. I'm ready to roll! Come at me bro!

Damn, dude, it's not even happy hour yet...

Or did the new year's celebrations roll in a bit early? :lol:

#2906 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I read it exactly like Fox did and I'm not looking to pick any fights.

Okay well then I have a psychic link to DonRamon. Or I'm crazy. Or both.

Or maybe someone could have clarified with him what he meant without ripping him a new one.

#2907 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Damn, dude, it's not even happy hour yet...

Or did the new year's celebrations roll in a bit early? :lol:

Happy hour? My dad always taught me that Happy Hour always starts at 10:00 am and ends when you want it to. Are you saying that my childhood is a LIE!? You wanna go!?

#2908 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Any chance that the two D&D collection games will be daily deals? I'm not sure if they showed up already.

#2909 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

hmm, looks like the OGG possee was active today.

In case it didn't make it in all the fun I filtered, a word from the beloved CEO:

http://truepcgaming....pricing-errors/

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#2910 DaDillsta

DaDillsta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

It doesn't even matter if they don't have the power, they contacted Bethesda and 2K, which I can assure you both have the power to, I hope they don't though.