GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#2911 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

hmm, looks like the OGG possee was active today.

In case it didn't make it in all the fun I filtered, a word from the beloved CEO:

http://truepcgaming....pricing-errors/

And that tells us absolutely nothing.

#2912 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Any chance that the two D&D collection games will be daily deals? I'm not sure if they showed up already.

I've been waiting for them to come up cheap again on Gamersgate. However, even if they did, I'd pass on them at this point. I don't want more games where I feel I need to back up the install files because I'm not confident Gamersgate will still be around. Right now I don't have too much to download and backup as it really is only the Indiefort Bundle and Dead Rising 2.

Personally, I'm not mad that my Bethesda Bundle was refunded. I've had price mistakes cancelled from an awful lot of stores. It's not a big deal. While they've had some massive screwups lately, they haven't done anything that would have me avoiding buying from them. I just am not confident they'll survive.

#2913 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

In case it didn't make it in all the fun I filtered, a word from the beloved CEO:

Wow, I don't think I've ever read "answers" more devoid of any actual information. What a load of PR bull...

#2914 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

We value our customers
We value our publisher relationships
Refer back to our statement
Did I mention we value our customers

If they do go under he can always go work for EA. He'd fit right in there.

#2915 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Lame site imo. They'd be better off just posting a press release than that drivel.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2916 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

It doesn't even matter if they don't have the power, they contacted Bethesda and 2K, which I can assure you both have the power to, I hope they don't though.

Comparing GG to Amazon is out of depth anyway. A company like Amazon has the leverage to get a publisher to revoke a key, with a just a phone call, what face does GG has right now to get Bethesda or 2K to take flak for them??

Seriously, think about it for a minute, not like an scared boy but rather like an able adult, what reason does Bethesda or 2K have to comply to GG's possible demands, furthermore, if they had any, would those reasons be strong enough to warrant the bad press they will surely get??

As much as the fanbrats revolt, right now GG's reputation is that of a shady key reseller, they behave like one with a pattern consistent with that of a money grab rush, otherwise they wouldn't be having games on sale that they don't have a key for.

I don't dispute once upon a time GG must've had a reputation strong enough for them to believe the could print their own money, the reality right now is, their reputation has been dragged thru the mud.

#2917 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

As much as the fanbrats revolt, right now GG's reputation is that of a shady key reseller, they behave like one with a pattern consistent with that of a money grab rush, otherwise they wouldn't be having games on sale that they don't have a key for.

Actually I think they are behaving like typical corporate bullshit artists who never admit to doing anything wrong, never give a straight answer and always cover their asses and in some ways I think that's worse than a shady key seller.

Oh and don't fool yourself. They have the keys. They are still selling all the games they supposedly ran out of keys for. If you paid full price you would get the key now guaranted.

#2918 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Wurrr arreee ma gameeees

#2919 yaynick

yaynick

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Has anyone disputed the transaction with Paypal? I contacted their customer support three or four days ago. I just don't want my money to vanish for no product in the end. I reckon they might be able to respond to support messages sooner or later. Just wondering.

#2920 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Huh. I wonder then if my being a previous customer and a continuing customer (I've bought two games since the two fiascos) has played into my somehow getting a Skyrim key days later, and why I still have everything in my library, without any sign they're about to remove them and refund.

I also only was (successfully) attempting to purchase one of each pack. I wasn't trying to be greedy.

You're not special. I've bought a fair bit from them the last couple of years and still don't have all my keys yet.

Like anything else there it's probably random why you got your keys and they have no damned clue why.

#2921 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

#2922 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Has anyone disputed the transaction with Paypal? I contacted their customer support three or four days ago. I just don't want my money to vanish for no product in the end. I reckon they might be able to respond to support messages sooner or later. Just wondering.

If they removed the games from your account and you didn't get any keys *and* no refund, the time to do that is now.

If you have more games with them, you might want to wait a little longer, meanwhile make a back up using the guide found on this thread, just to be safe.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2650

Actually I think they are behaving like typical corporate bullshit artists who never admit to doing anything wrong, never give a straight answer and always cover their asses and in some ways I think that's worse than a shady key seller.

Oh and don't fool yourself. They have the keys. They are still selling all the games they supposedly ran out of keys for. If you paid full price you would get the key now guaranted.

Ok, whatever denomination suits you the best I'm down with that.

And I can almost guarantee they are doing all the communication delays, PR maneuvers and silence for two reasons, to earn whatever interest they can on the non-refunded money, and/or to try and make people lose any dispute they might want to fill either with paypal or their card issuer.

#2923 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Our program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost.

Somebody needs a new program, methinks.

Seriously, think about it for a minute, not like an scared boy but rather like an able adult

No daddy, no!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2924 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

No daddy, no!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2925 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

"What steps have been put into place to prevent future occurrences?"
"[None]"

:roll:

#2926 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

We need to set the mood in this mother fucker.

Happy New Year's Cag Sistas!

#2927 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

We need to set the mood in this mother fucker.

Happy New Year's Cag Sistas!

I'll roll with that

Happy New Year to all the Caggers!!

#2928 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Happy New Year's CAG'ers!

To go along w/ the theme of "All Night Long..."

#2929 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Never suggested I was special, and never suggested anything about all keys.

But giving me a single key to something days later keeps me out of the "no keys at all=refund" possible criteria I've heard about.

But "probably". You just post to post. Only thing certain is you have no damned clue why yourself.

Look, I'm done with you Motoki. Motoki, say hello to my ignore list. Ignore list, say hello to Motoki. So glad you two could get acquainted.

All I want for Christmas is to be on your ignore list. :bouncy:
Spoiler

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#2930 Harman_M

Harman_M

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

So when is GG off of Holiday and going to update us?

#2931 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

So when is GG off of Holiday and going to update us?

Well Wednesday at the absolute earliest but I would not be shocked if we don't get updated until later than that. They didn't give an exact date they just said "due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week" and this was last week.

steam_sig.png

#2932 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Is the Last Remnant any good? Seems like people either love it or hate it.

#2933 xKalamityx

xKalamityx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Is it even possible to make a valid argument about these keys based on the email they sent about fulfilling keys in January? Such as it prevented us from making a purchase on a product on sale somewhere else, or giving us false sense of ownership?

I'm not too upset about any of this, just bummed that they could say something and then revoke the keys later.

#2934 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

Is the Last Remnant any good? Seems like people either love it or hate it.

I'm in the middle. I didn't think it was terrible by any means but it's no Xenoblade either. There's almost no modern JRPGs on the PC and I do think it's at least worth a few dollars. It's a decent enough JRPG but not one that everyone will be talking about years from now.

At least IMO.

steam_sig.png

#2935 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

TLR is excellent IMO. For a few bucks it's definitely worth it whether you end up loving it or just liking it.

#2936 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I'm not too upset about any of this, just bummed that they could say something and then revoke the keys later.

There is the chance they could have the keys revoked 6 months later, when your chargeback time limit is well over and you don't have a case with either paypal or your CC issuer, but, for the last time, GG doesn't have the power to do this directly, the best they could do is convince Bethesda and 2K, and any other of the affected publishers, to do so.

With what argument are they going to do that???

"Sorry Bethy and 2Ky, we fucked up, in fact, consistently fucked all through our holiday sales and lost money and made you guy lose money, but pay no attention to that, now now lookie here, could you please help us not lose more money by using your brand power to revoke all this already activated keys??"

Furthermore, what need does Bethesda or 2K have to do this?? I mean, GG has to pay them anyho, what need to they have for the bad press??

Of course this is just a theory and only time will tell, but seriously people, stop being sheeple, you have rights as a customer, it's time to grow from kid gamers to adult customers, of gaming.

Signing off for today, once more, very happy new year to y'all

#2937 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Ooh, please add me to your ignore list!

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2938 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

There is the chance they could have the keys revoked 6 months later, when your chargeback time limit is well over and you don't have a case with either paypal or your CC issuer, but, for the last time, GG doesn't have the power to do this directly, the best they could do is convince Bethesda and 2K, and any other of the affected publishers, to do so.

With what argument are they going to do that???

"Sorry Bethy and 2Ky, we fucked up, in fact, consistently fucked all through our holiday sales and lost money and made you guy lose money, but pay no attention to that, now now lookie here, could you please help us not lose more money by using your brand power to revoke all this already activated keys??"

Furthermore, what need does Bethesda or 2K have to do this?? I mean, GG has to pay them anyho, what need to they have for the bad press??

Of course this is just a theory and only time will tell, but seriously people, stop being sheeple, you have rights as a customer, it's time to grow from kid gamers to adult customers, of gaming.

Signing off for today, once more, very happy new year to y'all

Posted Image

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2939 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Is it even possible to make a valid argument about these keys based on the email they sent about fulfilling keys in January? Such as it prevented us from making a purchase on a product on sale somewhere else, or giving us false sense of ownership?

This was pretty much my response back to them when I got my refund notice after the "you will get your keys in January" notice. I don't expect to ever hear back since as far as they are concerned my (non)purchase is complete but they need to know that taking so long to back out of a sale means that I (and many others from what I have read) passed on later sales because I thought I was getting my keys.

#2940 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Posted Image

Wut wut, in the... oh my.