Halo 3 Collector's Edition $19.99 Free Ship - Newegg

Already out of stock.

These came with a cool little book, but they were notorious for having the disc come loose and bang around the inside of the case. Not only did the disc pop out on mine, but the actual tab that holds the disc popped off as well.

Still,
Excellent game though.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's showing in stock for me... at least I can add it to my cart[/QUOTE]

Same here, I already have the version that comes with the Master Chief helmet (awesome display piece for my home office :) ) and considering how much I dislike steelbook packaging (I always feel like I'm about to snap the disc in half trying to get it off the damn hub, which I actually did once :( ) this isn't a good buy for me, good deal for someone though for sure! Very fun game.

[quote name='junkie88']I added to cart and checked out it said in stock for me[/QUOTE]

^ Yep. Refreshed cart and items were removed due to insuffecient stock.

Cool deal if you're into steelbooks. Not a good deal probably if you're it'll go up in value since it obviously hasn't yet. Odd they still have these around though...

Solid game too if you're just interested in it as a game. (I personally like Reach and ODST better though.)

Just a heads up guys, this edition is infamous for the discs being scratched up because the case is flawed, so don't be surprise when you see this
But anyway I'll hit one thanks op!

[quote name='OregonDealz']So did Newegg pull shoprunner or was i just glitched this morning?[/QUOTE]

No idea, I figured it wasn't eligible for some reason. It wasn't an option for me either.

Beware, you'll likely get a floater.
A few months ago I found 4-5 of these at Walmart for $11 each. I bought one, and sure enough it was a floater that was scratched. I took it back and the electronics manager let me open ALL the copies they had. They all had floaters and were scratched up to some degree. I picked the best 2 discs from all the sets I opened (mix an match) with the least scratches on them. The rest they marked as defective and sent back to the supplier.

Yeah...these sets are HORRIBLE for scratches. I had to return two on release day before I finally found one that was playable (still scratched...but at least the game would load). I would strongly advise AGAINST buying these at this point because I'm sure the problem with scratches only gets worse the more the package is moved from place to place over past few years.

I remember getting the Legendary Edition for $24 bucks a few years ago, brand new from some site, Family Video maybe? Anyway, I don't even like Halo but it was too good to pass up for that helmet it came with.

The scratched disks has me worried, but I am sure I can buff them out, right? I mean, the scratches aren't notorious for being to deep, are they? I will report back when I get mine in a few days.

I got one and I don't even have a 360 anymore. I think it will be worth something down the line, it is the last numbered series Halo that Bungie made. It also had some of the best game trailers/marketing campaign for a game this generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED7fYq62_3c&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsiKUmyL_hY&hd=1

Halo 3's disc does not cost much to replace, trade it into BB or GS and buy a used copy for $8 that does not have as much scratches. With GS you can buy a used copy switch the discs out and return it in 7 days if you feel like screwing GS a little, not that I suggest people do this.:whistle2:\"

If your into the bonus content on the discs then you can buy Halo Essentials off Amazon. It is a 2 disc set that includes the limited edition disc along with the legendary disc. I had bought the limited at the the time because legendary was just too darn expensive and then bought this separately. Yes I bought a 2nd copy of same disc, but it just so happened that my 2nd disk was scratched up a bit. These include some great extra features for those interested. You sued to be able to find a new copy for $4, idk why its gone up. but used is $.99 worth IMO for any halo fanatic.

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Essentia...00/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1334960776&sr=8-20

Also Limited is $20 + $3shipping on amazon from 2ndary seller new. You can always ask them to gently shake the copy to tell you if discs are loose. No guarantee they will tell you the truth though.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...id=&me=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=&condition=new

If anyone has the Helmet let me know. To this day I can't seem to find one for $20 or under.

"We must go....The Brutes have our scent."
"Then they must love the smell of CHEAP ass... "

I was just going to post something about the bonus disc.
Yes, getting the 2 discs from Amazon or eBay is probably the better way to go. I don't usually get around to watching the bonus discs, but I did find time for this one.
It's very, very good. Well worth your time.

Mine arrived today, steel book dented, plastic sleeve ripped and game disc loose and well destroyed. They filed a shipping claim. Newegg, why you gotta do me wrong like that...

[quote name='OregonDealz']Mine arrived today, steel book dented, plastic sleeve ripped and game disc loose and well destroyed. They filed a shipping claim. Newegg, why you gotta do me wrong like that...[/QUOTE]

Same for me I got mine in a bubble mailer although I dont think that was the problem. The disc's are both scratched, but seem to work fine, the case in dented, and there is some weird sticky stuff on the outer sleeve, even though it was sealed. You win some you lose some, glad I only wasted $20 on it.

bread's done
Back